WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

Ah yes,  catching fires OW. That was certainly an interesting one. Stayed up all night each day. The biggest roller coaster ride ever. 

"Holy crap those previews, one of the best OWs ever here we come"

"Oh no it only hit 158m that's barely above THG, it'll have worse legs, flop here we come"

"Oh snap huge weekdays we could see it not do too bad after all"

"Oh noooo bigger Thursday drop then we expected"

"Oh snap best 2nd Friday after avengers, crazy good drop, ahhhhh 500 billion"

And up and down and up and down etc. Etc. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Telehilation said:

I'm biased cuz I started it and kept doing the absurd title updates but it might be my fave BOT thread ever. :lol: (Certainly in terms of ones talking about actual numbers.)

wait you can change the title of your own thread/topic?

1 hour ago, meriodejaneiro said:

It's not hate mate ... it's just the boredom of reading the same "joke" again and again and again... I recognize I laughed myself the first time I read TLJ<0.5A. But at the hundred thousand million time ...it's annoying. 

It was never a joke, it was an important bench mark for The Last Jedi which it failed to reach. I'm happy I'm unintentionally funny though so thank you.

Any reasonable estimates for Monday? I'm thinking less than $10m looking at Deadpools 72% drop from this sun to mon.

• Like 3

Just now, That One Guy said:

Greatest Showman too, jesus this has been a good year so far

It is yes, 2016 had Awaken legs + Deadpool + The Revenant to start the year and 2015 had Sniper + 50 shades :

Year Est.
Tickets*
% change
% change
% change
% change
% change
% change
2018 208.6 - +11.4% +5.3% +4.5% +10.4% -
2017 187.4 -10.2% - -5.5% -6.2% -0.8% -
2016 198.2 -5.0% +5.8% - -0.8% +4.9% -
2015 199.7 -4.3% +6.6% +0.8% - +5.7% -
2014 188.9 -9.5% +0.8% -4.7% -5.4% - -
2013 n/a -100.0% -100.0% -100.0% -100.0% -100.0% -

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/?view2=ytdcompare&view=releasedate&adjust_yr=0&p=.htm

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Unfortunately, March will have no 100M grossers :gold: 

Would wait for Wrinkle in Time to open before saying that, really good shot at it (I think more likely above 100 than below).

And Sherlock Gnomes can also do it, big Animation with a Pixar/dreamworks look can always do it, even the Emoji (a small one) got to 86m, Boss baby did 175m and it is from the first Kung Fu panda director with Johnny Depp/McAvoy/Blunt/Merchant/Maggie Smith/Caine/Ejiofor at the voice, could get a really big release (must be a really big budget).

Really not sure how to predict those movies, they can leg out.

Edited by Barnack

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Would wait for Wrinkle in Time to open before saying that, really good shot at it (I think more likely above 100 than below).

And Sherlock Gnomes can also do it, big Animation with a Pixar/dreamworks look can always do it, even the Emoji (a small one) got to 86m, Boss baby did 175m and it is from the first Kung Fu panda director with Johnny Depp/McAvoy/Blunt/Merchant/Magige Smith/Caine/Ejiofor at the voice, could get a really big release (must be a really big budget).

Really not sure how to predict those movies, they can leg out.

Sherlock Gnomes is Paramount, a sequel to a film from 7 years ago that no one gives a shit about, and looks like garbage.  It's going to be a massive bomb

• Haha 1