WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I actually feel like BP is a movie Cameron would love. Unlike TFA, which I've always felt is the kind of movie that enraged him for stealing his DOM crown. :P

Oh and @IronJimbo

;)

Well The Force Awakens did ruin his buddies creation, poor locust.

Thankfully the rest of the world exists and Titanic and Avatar are the two highest grossing films of all time in the known universe. Remember first and foremost I'm an international poster, so remember when you guys are hyping this film... I'm sitting here thinking.. it ain't even gonna make 0.5A.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Well The Force Awakens did ruin his buddies creation, poor locust.

Thankfully the rest of the world exists and Titanic and Avatar are the two highest grossing films of all time in the known universe. Remember first and foremost I'm an international poster, so remember when you guys are hyping this film... I'm sitting here thinking.. it ain't even gonna make 0.5A.

I just realized I don’t remember a single scene or memorable line from Avatar. Not one. Plenty for Titanic, of course but nothing from Avatar stuck with me. Huh. Weird that.

• Like 1

Peter Rabbit on 71.1 after a 12.4 (-12.9%) weekend. Minimum will add 2x the weekend for 96 dom. That would be below average legs for the genre from now on. I think 3x more for 108 dom is more likely than 2x more for 96. Splitting the difference gives 102 dom.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, Alexiswills12 said:

I just realized I don’t remember a single scene or memorable line from Avatar. Not one. Plenty for Titanic, of course but nothing from Avatar stuck with me. Huh. Weird that.

well think harder, if you can't remember a single scene from a movie you've seen I'll start to be worried.

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I just looked and there's going to be no competition next week either.

02 March 2018

I suppose the lack of competition will just be ignored by history though.

It’s February. It’s cold as hell. It’s a Marvel movie, yes, but it stars an unknown character from a director without Titanic on his resume. Just accept BP’s greatness Jumbo.

tumblr_nm6nfwTMSH1qgbrtho1_250.gif

Edited by Alexiswills12
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Michael B Jordan was awesome in Chronicle. Tbh, that movie itself was pretty great

The movie that  created "Next Leo" hype for :qotd: :rofl:

Amazing for BP but why the hell Annihilation went up? Isn't the buzz bad? I didn't like the movie at all. Boring, derivative of better movies and totally predictable ending. WTF is with critical hype?

• Haha 1

Just now, Alexiswills12 said:

It’s February. It’s cold as hell. It’s a Marvel movies starring an unknown character from a director without Titanic on his resume. Just accept BP’s greatness Jumbo.

Yeah it's doing amazing in America and even here in the UK I'm not trying to deny that Lexa, just pointing out the competition is super weak. I can't remember something as jarring as second week BP $47.8m, first week GN and Ann $7m and $4.2m respectively.

7 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

It's not like Avengers, Avatar, or TFA had any notable competition either.

Avatar had 6 competitors that grossed more than $7m in it's second weekend.

2 N Sherlock Holmes WB $62,304,277 - 3,626 - $17,183 $62,304,277 $90 1
3 N Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Fox $48,875,415 - 3,700 - $13,210 $75,589,048 $75 1
4 N It's Complicated Uni. $22,100,820 - 2,887 - $7,655 $22,100,820 $85 1
5 3 The Blind Side WB $11,519,345 +14.9% 2,766 -641 $4,165 $184,195,981 $29 6
6 8 Up in the Air Par. $11,270,248 +251.1% 1,895 +1,720 $5,947 $24,031,968 $25 4
7 2 The Princess and the Frog BV $9,004,610 -26.1% 3,475 - $2,591 $63,679,289 $105 5
Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

I am not sure what Empire tried to say in his earliest post.

BP is its own thing and competition, oscars won't be a problem at all.

It s more like other films and oscars or any event main problem will be BP.

His post lacked basic logic.

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I actually feel like BP is a movie Cameron would love. Unlike TFA, which I've always felt is the kind of movie that enraged him for stealing his DOM crown. :P

Oh and @IronJimbo

;)

I never felt sorry or bad that Avatar got beaten even thoough I love Avatar.  Admissions-wise it wasn't much of a real DOM champion like Titanic anyway. Nevertheless, it kept the DOM crown for 6 years, which is pretty sweet.

The thing that I always found amusing is that for years Avatar has been slammed for being unoriginal. Of cause Avatar got trashed also for some other reasons, but being a Dance with the Smurfs has always been its biggest "sin" and the biggest reason many believed Avatar didn't deserve its boxoffice. But when TFA came, the same people who trashed Avatar for being unoriginal, cheered for TFA taking it down. I'm sure most of us can agree thatr TFA is just as unoriginal as Avatar (if not unoriginal"er"), so if you held your standard of movie critizism, you should have no reason cheering for TFA, right?

That's why TFA's mega success was somehow doing Avatar a favor because at least the SW fanbase can no longer call Avatar Dance with the Smurfs without linking TFA to ANH in his mind, and we all know the SW fanbase is a very loud group. In fact, since TFA's release, Dance with the Smurfs has been less and less frequently seen in those everlasting online Avatar trashings, or at least that's what I saw.

I guess this whole Avatar/TFA thing is quite a representative case, and if a book ought to be written about the flame wars among movie fans, an Avatar/TFA chapter should definitely be there.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 5