WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Titanic is the best Cameron film

Finally some sanity 

And white I don't have Avatar on any format and never will, I have Titanic in 3 formats :)

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

After Wonder Woman I felt Aquaman could get to $300M.   Now I'm thinking $250M is the ceiling.   I'm thinking $175M honestly...  

Without seeing a trailer, we can't really predict. I'm thinking it can do Hobbit 1 numbers if it good, even more it's great. 

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Can't be as good as Titanic on the big screen

And it's not.  Not saying don't see Avatar but it doesn't match Titanic as a movie going experience

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Without seeing a trailer, we can't really predict. I'm thinking it can do Hobbit 1 numbers if it good, even more it's great. 

I’m iffy. Thinking Doctor Strange Numbers Both domestic and worldwide. Still will be solid for WB and DC. Especially if good.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I already have.  In Dolby Cinema too!

A couple down the aisle from me tried to have sex during the movie but they got up and left during the movie.  It was right before the "paint me like one of your French girls" scene too!

I've seen it over 6 times but never once in cinema... I was busy during it's re-release period.

I caught T23D in cinema though... the opening scene is unreal on the big screen. tears to my eyes

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Heretic!!!!

IllinformedRespectfulLemming.gif

The last good Snyder movie was the Owl movie. His films went down the crapper after doing CBMs. The only decent one from Sucker Punch to JL is MOS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The last good Snyder movie was the Owl movie. His films went down the crapper after doing CBMs. The only decent one from Sucker Punch to JL is MOS.

Look I don't want to begin this shit again. As you see: it's all jokes from my side. So or you connect to this funny gif-party))) or just stop.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m iffy. Thinking Doctor Strange Numbers Both domestic and worldwide. Still will be solid for WB and DC. Especially if good.

It'll likely won't do Hobbit's OS numbers for sure but the domestic total is achievable especially with December legs and a $75-85m OW. AUJ did $303m on a $84m OW, the second and third films did $258m and $255m on $73m OW and $54m OW although the last film had a five day opening which skews things a little. I think WB should move Aquaman to the Wednesday 19th to get the head start on the competition. I Am Legend's OW and total seems also achievable as well

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

I think BvS UE is a pretty good flick.  It's not perfect but it's not the terrible movie that try hard nerds make it out to be.   It has clear character motivations,  solid acting and great visuals.  That's enough to make a big budget film passable.  

I'm not going to argue it, that's my opinion.  I've seen A LOT of movies and there's nothing offensive about BvS UE.   The theater version is pretty bad because of editing issues. 

• Like 3