WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

8 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I’ll never forget two years ago Grace was on this tear with critics cuz she liked BvS and implyed everyone was biased cuz Marvel. It got a lot of reaction that caused a little feud between her and collider video crew 

then Suicide Squad came out and she hated it, trashed it on twitter and the dc fans turned on her lol good times

She kept trying to label Homecoming a "failure" after its 62% drop even though it kept showing signs of good holds afterwards and also kept ignoring the fact that the China release hadn't happened yet. 

Reminds me when recently saw that thumbnail about her complaining of the recently Flash movie directorial hire and I thought Oh she'll complain about them hiring two boring white guys instead of POC/women which is a good thing. But seeing said video (OH WHEN WILL I LEARN?), turns out her beef was oh noz Flash is now a comedyz because those guys make comedyz! 

The fact no other film Youtuber has ever collaborated with her is pretty telling, also Randolph's video views vs the comments and likes on her videos are always interesting to look at....

Edited by Ryaner90

1 hour ago, RRA said:

Poor fans should try to have faith in James Wan, it tends to pay off. I mean the guy at a fellow WB division was able to do what DCEU failed to be: a successful shared universe. 

Justice League failed.  But Suicide Squad was $750M WW without China.   Wonder Woman was $800M+   Batman/Superman was close to $900M.   

I wouldn't go around saying the whole universe failed.  They have work to do but still made a lot of money.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Justice League failed.  But Suicide Squad was $750M WW without China.   Wonder Woman was $800M+   Batman/Superman was close to $900M.   

I wouldn't go around saying the whole universe failed.  They have work to do but still made a lot of money.  

I didn't say the whole universe failed. I said it failed. That's a big difference. It's like me pointing out the Cleveland Browns last year went 0-16 and you pointing out "but this one guy went to the Pro Bowl!" It's true, and they're still 0-16. Context helps. 

Because a shared universe when functioning right becomes a brand that can help other films released under that tent. I do find it interesting you bring up BVS considering it's now common consensus that despite making a buttload of money upfront, its bitter aftertaste (same with SS) kneecapped JL. 

DCEU tried to become a brand. It didn't. Right now it's merely isolated IPs that may/may not connect. Hell DC Films itself has now said the DCEU is a "fan" thing and not official. Maybe it's now considered toxic brand? 

Oh hey, I was wrong. They did become a brand after all. 

• Like 1

I've said it before and I said it again, Sucide Squad had one of the most aggressive and successful marketing campaigns ever. If it was actually a decent film it would have been a cultural phenomenon of sorts easily would of hit one billion without China. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RRA said:

Right now it's merely isolated IPs that may/may not connect. Hell DC Films itself has now said the DCEU is a "fan" thing and not official. Maybe it's now considered toxic brand? 

Oh hey, I was wrong. They did become a brand after all. 

Yep which is shown by Wonder Woman's record breaking success and Justice League's failure. It's also why I disagree with people who keep saying DC needs to reboot their universe. They can still get going again by making good films that stand on their own like Phase 1 of Marvel's films.