Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

7 hours ago, Chewy said:

She was offered Pepper and Black Widow lol

Really?  Why would she turn either of those parts down?  

She's usually good no matter what movie she's in.  Only in Sherlock Holmes did she seem uncomfortable and out of place.

It's always interesting to watch people coming out of a movie and see what their reactions are.

Last night, the crowd coming out of Red Sparrow just seemed to hate the thing.  "Too long" and "boring" were heard numerous times.

Annihilation (which is what I saw and liked more than I expected to) had mostly puzzled reactions but some positive comments, too.

Great Friday number for BP considering the lower than expected Wednesday and Thursday numbers. Heading for a $60+M weekend for sure, which will be the 3rd best 3rd weekend after TFA and AVATAR (I'm assuming it doesn't go over $68M).

21 minutes ago, Gamera said:

It's always interesting to watch people coming out of a movie and see what their reactions are.

Last night, the crowd coming out of Red Sparrow just seemed to hate the thing.  "Too long" and "boring" were heard numerous times.

Annihilation (which is what I saw and liked more than I expected to) had mostly puzzled reactions but some positive comments, too.

Seriously? People at my screening loved Red Sparrow.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gamera said:

Really?  Why would she turn either of those parts down?  

She's usually good no matter what movie she's in.  Only in Sherlock Holmes did she seem uncomfortable and out of place.

She turned down a lot of big roles 10 or so years ago. Believe she also turned down replacing Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight as well.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

She turned down a lot of big roles 10 or so years ago. Believe she also turned down replacing Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight as well.

10 years ago...The Dark Knight came out TEN YEARS ago...

...god i feel old.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

10 years ago...The Dark Knight came out TEN YEARS ago...

...god i feel old.

I had the same feeling in 2002, when I realized that Batman Returns released ten years earlier. 

Now I’m here realizing it released 26 years ago. Rest, my child. There is still much for you to experience.