Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anyways, those stupid arguments that JLaw isn't a draw anymore can be put to bed. Both this and Joy made/will make nearly 60M with mixed reviews, and Passengers hit 100M. When she has another GA friendly movie that has good reviews, it'll gross a good chunk of change.

I wonder if she'll planning to do It's What I Do which was a project Spielberg was going to direct but he has Indy 5 and West Side Story coming up.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anyways, those stupid arguments that JLaw isn't a draw anymore can be put to bed. Both this and Joy made/will make nearly 60M with mixed reviews, and Passengers hit 100M. When she has another GA friendly movie that has good reviews, it'll gross a good chunk of change.

Shh the naysayers will hear you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, commendable said:

best spy movies

1)skyfall

2)MI:5

3)SPY

4)the bond movie with eva green in it

5) ghost protocol

Top of my head

1. Notorious

2. The Spy Who Came In From The Cold

3. North By Northwest

4. The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

5. 39 Steps

6. Marathon Man

7. Three Days Of The Condor

8. The Fourth Protocol

9. Eye Of The Needle

10. Clear & Present Danger

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy  would also be there but the mini series  (and Smiley's People ) 

I'd add some Bond and MI movies but they're more action adventure that star a spy than spy movies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if she'll planning to do It's What I Do which was a project Spielberg was going to direct but he has Indy 5 and West Side Story coming up.

Yeah, Spielberg has too much on his plate. Edgardo Mortara is probably a higher priority as well. Her movie with Adam McKay could be next though; I can see it filming next spring as neither have anything slated after Dark Phoenix and Dick Cheney

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I thought draw is counted on the opening weekend....:ph34r:

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, Spielberg has too much on his plate. Edgardo Mortara is probably a higher priority as well. Her movie with Adam McKay could be next though; I can see it filming next spring as neither have anything slated after Dark Phoenix and Dick Cheney

she said she's doing a movie with DOR next

22 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Same difference b/w John Wick and thor ragnarok.

My initial point is that brand awareness seems to be the only thing most moviegoers care about, so....yeah. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If Spielberg drops out, WB should seriously consider Clint Eastwood for It's What I Do or if they're willing to wait, maybe Patty Jenkins, I'm sure they'll greenlight her next film after Wonder Woman 2.

Edited by Jonwo

1 hour ago, HerediTele said:

...but it's not a Disney fairy-tale movie. :( 

You've said this before! What is it? Disney movies for children with fantastical elements, based on classic stories all sound like fairy tales to me. And yes I know that also applies to Star Wars/Marvel etc but this is a classic story in the vein of Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty etc

I consider something like the Lion King or Aladdin to be a fairy tale too, FWIW.

Edited by Cmasterclay

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Image result for this is going to end well gif

She seems more interested in working with familiar faces (DOR and Lawrence) versus pulling a Dicaprio and working with every hot director around. Mother! was probably an exception, not a new lease on things. 

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

My initial point is that brand awareness seems to be the only thing most moviegoers care about, so....yeah. 

I don't think that's true with the performance of wonder, girls trip, pp3 and all. Movies like red bird, AB are just not geared towards woman as much as these movies. Woman will be more gravitate towards ragnarok even if john wick was a as big brand.

• Like 1