Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wonder if Ryan Kwanten has been looking at Alexander Skarsgard's post-True Blood career (headlining a $100M+ grosser, winning all the awards for Big Little Lies) and thinking to himself "fuck!" while he's stuck in stuff like The Hurricane Heist.

Isn't Big Little Lies really the only good thing he has post True Blood?

• Like 1

Caught a matinee of Wrinkle in Time. There was a school bus in the lobby so my friends and I were panicking and when the cashier was like "They're here for Peter Rabbit" I legitimately yelled "Thank god" in the lobby and then bought my tickets to Wrinkle

• Haha 2

@WrathOfHan I'm gonna make up for last week:

11x:

Sherlock Gnomes: Wonder, Coco, Coco Round 3, Coco Round 4, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Coco Round 5, Paddington 2, Coco Round 6, Early Man, Peter Rabbit, A Wrinkle in Time

10x:

A Wrinkle in Time: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Coco Round 4, The Post, Coco Round 5, Last Flag Flying, Coco Round 6, Black Panther

Isle of Dogs: The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Shape of Water, Downsizing, Paddington 2, I, Tonya, Coco Round 6, Darkest Hour, Early Man, Peter Rabbit

9x:

Ready Player One: It, Blade Runner 2049, It Round 2, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, The Post, Last Flag Flying, A Wrinkle in Time

8x:

Pacific Rim: Uprising: Blade Runner 2049, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Annihilation

6x:

Incredibles 2: Coco, Coco Round 3, Coco Round 4, Coco Round 5, Paddington 2, Coco Round 6

Rampage: Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Black Panther, Annihilation

5x:

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Last Flag Flying

Tomb Raider: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Geostorm, Murder on the Orient Express, The Commuter, Darkest Hour

Red Sparrow: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, The Snowman, The Post, The Commuter, Hostiles

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Black Panther

Death Wish: Detroit, Annabelle: Creation, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D, The Commuter, Black Panther

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2, Justice League, Black Panther, Annihilation

4x:

Avengers: Infinity War: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Blockers: The Disaster Artist, The Disaster Artist Round 2, Downsizing, Game Night

A Quiet Place: Justice League, The Shape of Water, Downsizing, Annihilation

Sicario 2: Soldado: All the Money in the World, The Post, The Commuter, Annihilation

Love, Simon: The Greatest Showman, The Post, Call Me by Your Name, A Wrinkle in Time

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Early Man, Peter Rabbit, A Wrinkle in Time

3x:

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie, Wonder, Coco

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

The Miracle Season: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Paddington 2

Chappaquiddick: Downsizing, Darkest Hour, Hostiles

Lean on Pete: The Shape of Water, All the Money in the World, Phantom Thread

Tully: Call Me by Your Name, Darkest Hour, Game Night

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man

Super Troopers 2: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Game Night

Life of the Party: Hostiles, Game Night

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night

Sgt. Stubby: Coco Round 4, Peter Rabbit

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies!: Paddington 2, Peter Rabbit

Gringo: Molly’s Game, Annihilation

Mission: Impossible – Fallout: Black Panther, Annihilation

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

Thoroughbreds: The Disaster Artist

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!: The Post

Acrimony: The Commuter

7 Days in Entebbe: Darkest Hour

The Hurricane Heist: Hostiles

The Death of Stalin: Phantom Thread

Submission: Phantom Thread

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Black Panther

Solo: A Star Wars Story: Black Panther

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

I Can Only Imagine: Early Man

I Feel Pretty: Game Night

Book Club: Game Night

Ocean’s 8: Game Night

Show Dogs: Peter Rabbit

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit

Hereditary: Annihilation

Adrift: A Wrinkle in Time

Christopher Robin: A Wrinkle in Time

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

wow i can't believe no one here has seen undercover brother.

That film is a fucking treasure. It’s on my list of films I watch every 6 months.

• Like 6

Made quite a few observations over in the AWiT thread.

Upshot? Kids will like the movie just fine, and there's nothing out of the ordinary 'scare' wise when it comes to family films. Should be crowd pleasing enough for a family film.  Kinda doubt it'll break out of that demo though, as there are problems with the film which stops it from reaching its full potential.

It's not bad, it's not great.  It's entertaining for the most part.  Should clear 100m fairly easily, but I doubt it's gonna be a mega hit.

Around 7 to 7.5/10, personally. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

In case anyone cares, only had three trailers in front of the IMAX screening of AWiT:  Incredibles 2, Ready Player One and Mortal Engines.

From my experience, IMAX tends to go light on trailers for family-skewing films. I usually only got 3-4 trailers in front of PG movies versus at least 6 in front of the PG-13 and R fare.