Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

8 minutes ago, HerediTele said:

There's no witch-hunt here. No one is out to get her.

This imo, the movies were not just that good (except for mother! where it is a different story, but many critics were really positive on that one also). It is not like audience disagreed with critics that much on any of those (except for mother! but again different story).

The industry wanted to like Passenger very much I think, most just want for those big non franchise movies to work from time to time, even nominated it to a couple of Oscar.

Lot of think piece written and a bit how some reviews are written are due to how much traffic you can generate with an angle that talk about her and has her in the title sure, but those movies were fairly reviewed imo.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5

The problem is JLAW should act more as her character in a movie then just being JLAW the celebrity. 

I think her performance in Apocolypse was a clear indication of this 

That is my opinion though but I no longer a fan of her acting lately. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

The problem is JLAW should acts more as her character in a movie then just being JLAW the celebrity. 

I think her performance in Apocolypse was a clear indication of this 

That is my opinion though :)

but her character in apocalypse doesn't really line up with Jlaw's star image or celebrity persona at all. it's a weak performance i agree but i'm not sure what you mean by this? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

but her character in apocalypse doesn't really line up with Jlaw's star image or celebrity persona at all. it's a weak performance i agree but i'm not sure what you mean by this? 

Its hard to explain but it seems to me JLAW thinks that her celebrity carries her presence in a film, so even if she puts a poor effort people will not notice because hey its "JLAW!" 

I am unsure, but I am not a fan of her recent work, after her great job in CF and Silver Linings 

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 hours ago, Thomas Beck said:

What's the draw for A2 now that 3D has become common and mundane?

Does Cameron have some new breakthrough/gimmick lined up?

I'm guessing, Justice League underwater Aquaman scenes brought further + Transformers Last Knight underwater submersible  IMAX scenes 

2 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I'm guessing, Justice League underwater Aquaman scenes brought further + Transformers Last Knight underwater submersible  IMAX scenes 

I'm guessing solidly crafted, crowd-pleasing entertainment with characters people enjoy... in a top-notch technical package (whatever that may be).

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Barnack said:

This imo, the movies were not just that good (except for mother! where it is a different story, but many critics were really positive on that one also). It is not like audience disagreed with critics that much on any of those (except for mother! but again different story).

The industry wanted to like Passenger very much I think, most just want for those big non franchise movies to work from time to time, even nominated it to a couple of Oscar.

Lot of think piece written and a bit how some reviews are written are due to how much traffic you can generate with an angle that talk about her and has her in the title sure, but those movies were fairly reviewed imo.

fairly decent last set of films on paper....  

Hunger Games

Joy

X-Men

Passengers

mother!

Red Sparrow

Just now, HerediTele said:

I'm guessing solidly crafted, crowd-pleasing entertainment with characters people enjoy... in a top-notch technical package (whatever that may be).

underwater ocean action thrown at you in 3D.  experiencing underwater for the first time

1 hour ago, straggler said:

So Red Sparrow came in 450K above estimates and had a sub-50 percent drop. Imagine what could have been if the critics would let Jlaw's films breathe. 

Red Sparrow is a mediocre film, fam

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

Really sad to see Black Panther C R U M B L I N G like this on Sun. I’ll revise my estimate down to 675.

holy crap what did I miss? How bad did it crumble?

4 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

it feels like being a forum poster is almost not worth it because you just have to be a slave/robot for society to see and not feel emotion from.  Like this opinion for example would have to be edited and censored.

I love you matrix.

7 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

it feels like being a forum poster is almost not worth it because you just have to be a slave/robot for society to see and not feel emotion from.  Like this opinion for example would have to be edited and censored.

Well said matrix, couldn't have said it better myself.

8 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

My thoughts exactly...

Edited by Alli

3 hours ago, raniE said:

The Swedish film institute has numbers down to the last ticket up through 2016 for Swedish cinemas (from then on the cinema owners association decided to not give them access to the stats any longer, which is crap for me). So it can be done, but if the records don't exist, or are too decentralized, it won't happen.

True. It can be done but Hollywood doesn't care about tickets sold. They only want us to know how much a film makes in dollars. So we will never have definitive numbers.

• Sad 1