Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's still early for A Quiet Place and Blockers because they're pretty younger skewing, but with that 20M Friday, 60M is within reach :ohmygod: 

Decent starts for Chappaquiddick and Miracle Season. Anyone know the budgets for them?

Chappaquiddick was acquired for $4M + a $16M marketing commitment. So $20M.  But that was when they thought it would be an awards season movie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tawasal said:

@POTUS, @CoolEric258 & @MaxAggressor did you guys had to post the same deadline update after each other? 

None of us wrote the same thing tho. POTUS only linked the Deadline article at first, then I posted the AQP, RPO & Blocker parts from the same article and CoolEric258 posted the whole update with the other openers within a quote. I'm still the only one who updated the AQP info with the PostTrak/ComScore data.

But all of this is moot as @TMP stole our thunder. :gold: :hahaha: :ohmygod:

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The moment the preview numbers hit, it was obvious A Quiet Place was doing $50M+. 

I wouldnt be shocked if it gets close to $60M. It's a film that's going to keep going up as the weekend plays out. 

Edited by Nova

The Miracle Season with 0.160 in previews,  Chappaquiddick with 0.175 million.  this is the same ratio as the theater counts for each of them.  If they play out the same, Miracle Season could come 10% higher than Chappaquiddick.  The fact that Chappaquiddick is at 82% fresh on rotten tomatoes and not certified fresh is maybe the reason that it will loose to Miracle Season in the standings.

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah, RPO is a success as well. It's good that the box office is as lively as it is, right now. 

finally the 100m grosser are lining up.

• Like 1