Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread: Rampage 34.5M, AQP 32.6M, ToD 19M, RPO 11.2M, Blockers 10.2M

24 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I’m still disapointed when I think of its opening. I had been hyped for months and those 50M + OW predictions got to me. 

12 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Scream 4 deserved the $50M opening weekend...maybe coulda been better, but still. It's legacy shoulda done it. Fuck America.

You’ve no idea how disappointed I was in the US numbers :( 

I still blame Scary Movie and Weinstein Company. Love the film. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, that's a bit of a twist of fate for Rampage. Really strong Saturday increase. But, it's still not looking too great. It may have a good 2nd weekend drop, but its DOM total will depend entirely on how it survives against that one movie that starts with "Avengers" and ends with "War". (Though OS is probably really promising right now.)

Olivia Newton-John's impact.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I wonder why the audience score for Truth Or Dare is so low, it’s not worse than Ouija or The Gallows.

The ending didn't help.

Nice for Rampage. WB didn't push it very hard, and good audience WOM looks to be driving it. Seems to be having a very solid OS opening as well. WB can probably get a sequel out for this with a bigger budget.

Truth or Dare made its money back. Good for them.

Latest from POTUS in China thread is that 120m is locked for Rampage while 150m is in play. Maoyan is giong with a 136m finish. 225m from China and Dom combined should happen. I don't think OS-China will fall below 150m, so 375m+ ww is looking good. 3x+ the prod budget (120) is locked with Dom itself being respectable (90+ imo).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Latest from POTUS in China thread is that 120m is locked for Rampage while 150m is in play. Maoyan is giong with a 136m finish. 225m from China and Dom combined should happen. I don't think OS-China will fall below 150m, so 375m+ ww is looking good. 3x+ the prod budget (120) is locked with Dom itself being respectable (90+ imo).

yQBA1sl.gif&key=657824e39ed9cdf4a975b868

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, a2knet said:

San Andreas without China and USA grossed 215m+ I guess. So 175m atleast without China and USA will lead to 400m. Anything more than 450m is a break even figure I think!