Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread: Rampage 34.5M, AQP 32.6M, ToD 19M, RPO 11.2M, Blockers 10.2M

4 hours ago, harrycaul said:

...and that's the end of that company.

not really, now you've all heard of it.

$30 for 12 films is a great deal (don't have a clue what iheartradio is (sounds garbage))

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I know you can see for your own videos, don't know if you can on other people's.

It's usually done for music videos for artists so it's for other people. Again I don't know how to access it lol Just that I've seen others access it recently 

@EmpireCity any data on how Indian Horse did this weekend? It did quite well at my theatre this weekend (good for our equivalent of 20M, maybe as high as 23M), I think it opened in a decent amount of theatres around Canada, but I'm not sure if it had anything in the States.

Is there any numbers for it?

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

not really, now you've all heard of it.

$30 for 12 films is a great deal (don't have a clue what iheartradio is (sounds garbage))

It's an ok deal, but it's a MUCH more difficult sale. Watch their cost of customer acquisition skyrocket.

What does IW have to do with the success or failure of MoviePass?

Basically, MP is going to get overwhelmed with all its members using their passes to get into IW.

Huge movies make MP lose money obviously. The company depends on its members being too lazy to go to theaters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Moviepass is way less tempting now with their current offer, so that could certainly negate any rush of new subscriptions for IW. 

I honestly wouldn't sign up for it with that offer, the one movie a day thing is the big hook for me. 4 movies a month is a drastically different and less appealing hook. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Moviepass is way less tempting now with their current offer, so that could certainly negate any rush of new subscriptions for IW. 

I honestly wouldn't sign up for it with that offer, the one movie a day thing is the big hook for me. 4 movies a month is a drastically different and less appealing hook. 

If it ever reaches the point where that $30 is monthly instead of quarterly, it would be a waste in some areas.

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

@EmpireCity any data on how Indian Horse did this weekend? It did quite well at my theatre this weekend (good for our equivalent of 20M, maybe as high as 23M), I think it opened in a decent amount of theatres around Canada, but I'm not sure if it had anything in the States.

Is there any numbers for it?

I'm guessing under $1m for the weekend.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Basically, MP is going to get overwhelmed with all its members using their passes to get into IW.

Huge movies make MP lose money obviously. The company depends on its members being too lazy to go to theaters.

I don’t think a one-time release is gonna matter much either way. 

3 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

I don’t think a one-time release is gonna matter much either way. 

It's more summer that matters. IW is the kick off to that. Most will have way more movies they want to see in the summer, and it's certainly possible some who have known about MP could have been holding off until that. 

Based on the subscription I have, people could have signed up just for May and gotten IW+DP2+Solo for basically the price of one and then cancelled. 

Edited by MovieMan89

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's more summer that matters. IW is the kick off to that. Most will have way more movies they want to see in the summer, and it's certainly possible some who have known about MP could have been holding off until that. 

Based on the subscription I have, people could have signed up just for May and gotten IW+DP2+Solo for basically the price of one and then cancelled. 

Yes, but the people who will emphatically use/overuse MP are a fairly small fraction of their overall subscribers, I’d bet.