CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

19 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Who called 200M for Black Panther?  Who called 100M for IT?  Who called 50M for A Quiet Place?  Who called 228M for Infinity War?

THIS GUY

• Haha 3

Feeling really confident in my prediction of 235 mill for OW. Will probably do about 100-102 for Friday and about 70 for Saturday.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

BP was a black swan event. If Variety is 95-100 and DHD is 95-105, it’s probable that the numbers are around there. 

Don't forget THR is also reporting those numbers so it's comical that people are just calling out Deadline. 

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

How on target were Deadline's early projections for Cap 3 and Ultron, anyway?  They spectacularly undersold Black Panther consistently, but that could just be them not accounting for the zeitgeist correctly.

Basically, how likely is it Deadline is really underestimating IW here and it could rise as numbers come in.

Just to mention, this time on TFA's weekend, Deadline failed spectacularly!

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-force-awakens-box-office-thursday-night-previews-1201669166/

Friday, 4:36 PM: Late-afternoon estimates now put the J.J. Abrams-directed force of nature at around $125M-$130M, on track for a $250M-$260M weekend.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just for funsies:

225 OW x 2.4 multi = 540m DOM.

If that happens, there's gonna be so much salt flowing in @Cmasterclay's BP > IW DOM thread that folks are gonna need to take high blood pressure medicine after reading it. :ph34r:

BP beating AIW dom by 150+ is likely :ohmyzod: (>690 vs 540 ... and 540 won't be easy for AIW. Needs 225-230*2.35-2.4)

Edited by a2knet
  • Haha 1

@Water Bottle

If I were to purchase Gold Club status for another year this weekend, would it be tacked on to the end of my current membership or would it overwrite it and be a year's worth of gold from this point on?

Not entirely a hypothetical question, as it were. :)

5 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

He never said $300m was in play like it was going to get it.  He was stating that it is possible to get with the amount of theaters and screens available right now.

He mentioned that the club wasn’t as crazy as some people made it out to be, mixed with saying he thought 248m+ was close to locked. 

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Bring that up all you want, but it doesn't discredit those 4 predictions

Your streak since then has been impressive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Bring that up all you want, but it doesn't discredit those 4 predictions

I think it’s fair to say we all have good calls and bad calls.  You’ve had some good calls lately, and each of those was fairly well in advance.

Those three breakouts I saw too, you just hit the nail more on the head with BP and AQP

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Stop being an ass, people do predict way over or under, it happens.

Lighten up a little.  It's all in good fun.  I'm sure the people I quoted can handle being wrong about something.

I just think it's funny how absolutely certain some people were about how high this would go, and how they ended up not being right in the end.  If my $228M prediction was wildly off after I've been adamant on it happening for months, then it'd be completely fair game for them to quote the posts where I said that.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just for funsies:

225 OW x 2.4 multi = 540m DOM.

If that happens, there's gonna be so much salt flowing in @Cmasterclay's BP > IW DOM thread that folks are gonna need to take high blood pressure medicine after reading it. :ph34r:

Did I ever officially join that club?  I’ve definitely been in since BP’s release and entertained the idea pre-release BP