CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

please one of you threadban him before this happens. a pre-emptive one.

Fine

@That Ambitious Guy has been threadbanned because nobody wants to ready his stupid dumb opinion about the JW2 trailers. FUCK HIS DUMB ASS OPINION.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

If Infinity War nabs $225M+ this weekend, it will be the second best opening weekend of all time, behind only The Force Awakens which had huge previews and years of pent up nostalgia riding on its back. These are HUGE numbers, especially for the third film in the Avengers series, and the 19th film in the MCU.

This is terrific for Infinity War, IMHO. I understand why some may be disappointed because they were hoping for a new record, but in retrospect, The Force Awakens had so much riding in its favour.

I say all this, and we don't even know for sure how the weekend will play out. Watch it be relatively non-frontloaded, heh.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

People were too busy laughing at Deadline to really get a good meltdown on, IMO.

(That and 39m is a really great number in and of itself)

Hahahaha, so everyone went back to trashing them? I heard they had gotten better in recent weeks off several posts! 

Poor Deadline. I can't remember the woman who used to report numbers....I think it was Nikki something and people here always used to go off on her.

Just now, somebody85 said:

Hahahaha, so everyone went back to trashing them? I heard they had gotten better in recent weeks off several posts! 

Poor Deadline. I can't remember the woman who used to report numbers....I think it was Nikki something and people here always used to go off on her.

The one true Queen. UPSET FOR THE AGES.

nikki-finke.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MikeQ said:

If Infinity War nabs $225M+ this weekend, it will be the second best opening weekend of all time, behind only The Force Awakens which had huge previews and years of pent up nostalgia riding on its back. These are HUGE numbers, especially for the third film in the Avengers series, and the 19th film in the MCU.

This is terrific for Infinity War, IMHO. I understand why some may be disappointed because they were hoping for a new record, but in retrospect, The Force Awakens had so much riding in its favour.

I say all this, and we don't even know for sure how the weekend will play out. Watch it be relatively non-frontloaded, heh.

Peace,

Mike

IF it nabs 225 million it'll still gross less than Avengers adjusted on OW. And I don't even see it getting there right now, but we'll see.

Just now, Trolltastic Tele said:

When are you ever gonna play the summer game?

I have no time for that Tele. Plus the opening questions are absolutely insane.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if we'll see a DH2 style increase for the next film or if it'll stay flat or only have a modest increase OW wise. 

Like I said earlier this morning, I see this staying flat for 4 or increasing. I see 9 falling from TLJ in comparison.

15 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Shawn is predicting the extinction of the dinosaurs.

It is weird that now they are mirroring my thoughts from last year that all the summer movies will be so competitive, we'll have a lot of $300M+, but no one managing to get over the hump of $400M?:)  

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if we'll see a DH2 style increase for the next film or if it'll stay flat or only have a modest increase OW wise. 

imo a decrease of 10%+ considering how this was marketed as the finale. mj2 decreased 16% from mj1 but that was a bit much, partly due to sw7 shaving off a few.

6 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I find it fucking hilarious people are already calling for an under 500 mil domestic take and the movie only been out its first fucking day. Chill it with the negativity.

🤣🤣

what is up your ass, buddy? 

Just now, Samarus said:

IF it nabs 225 million it'll still gross less than Avengers adjusted on OW. And I don't even see it getting there right now, but we'll see.

Fair enough. Still seems really strong to me for the third film in a series, and a film in an interconnected universe that, for me, is less accessible because I've seen so few Marvel movies. It's not easy to hit $200M+. But point taken. :) 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have no time for that Tele. Plus the opening questions are absolutely insane.

Amen...I'd be in for a simpler summer/winter game if anyone ever wanted to try it...maybe just a top summer 10 or something...

All of you with time for the current game - mad respect, b/c I just see it and it overwhelms me (not to mention the time suck that I don't have:)...

• Like 1

I think it's fundamentally difficult to be disappointed with an opening over 200M. We're not really at the stage where it's an "eh whatever" kind of number.

Getting there though. Three in the span of five months :jeb!: