CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

After all the no existing super hype for AIW.. even after some illuminati who predicted 300 OW.. 

I get to the conclusion tha this movie is going to make a lot of money,  but no what the super MARVEL, DISNEY  fans think before... 

225 OW & 580 Total

Wanted to wait a week to make sure that they didn't find some extra money lying about.

The Last Jedi closed out last week, domestically.

Final Total:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Domestic Total Gross: $620,181,382

Worldwide:  $1,332,757,449  

A shame there isn't a relevant thread I could put this total in. :thinking:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is also crazy DH2 did 43.5M with midnights ONLY while these mega 200M openers can't pull that off with 7 PM shows

That 48.26m in 2018 dollar, quite something in term of midnight show (or book sales lines) phenomenon.

3d was near is peak in 2011 too.

Of course, a big factor in Deathly Hallows Part 2's boffo ticket sales are the fact that the film was released in 3D. Although 3D tickets only accounted for 45% of the box office gross (as compared to 60% for Transformers: Dark of the Moon), the number of 3D screens available is unmatched by any other new film. Moreover, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 opened in 4,375 locations and on 11,000 screens.

Not able to find stats for the recent marvel opener, but I would imagine 3d market share is below that figure now ?

Just now, Porthos said:

Wanted to wait a week to make sure that they didn't find some extra money lying about.

The Last Jedi closed out last week, domestically.

Final Total:

Empty grey space? 

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I'm thinking maybe DHD is being cautious with their range...

if i remember well, they're talked about + $ 90M OD [with a possibility of $ 100M] in their early numbers for Ultron back in 2015

so this time, maybe their lowered a bit the low-end for IW [$ 95M] to avoid a situation like Ultron again

still thinking $ 102 - 105M is more realistic

Haha I had 100-105 earlier setting on 102 for now 

• Like 41
  • Thanks 12

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

Empty grey space? 

The forum sometimes will randomly auto-submit my post when I am copy-n-pasting something.

Very annoying when it happens.  :rant:

See the edit I put up for the total. :)

Deathly Hallows 2 Midnight was one of the 2 best 'midnight' showings I've ever attended ... was showing on 5 screens, which I'd never seen before at my theater.  Usually if you had more than 1 at that time of night it was a shock.  Crowd went wild for everything.

... also, The Dark Knight was just ridiculous at the time.

I know why they don't do the midnight thing anymore, but the feeling is a bit different at a 7pm/8pm showing. 

Regarding IW, seems we have a typical enormous day/weekend, but expectations may have gotten the best of some people.  I saw the film last night and really enjoyed it. :)

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1