CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

9 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

Same with Brazil here.

I went to GOTG 2, Homecoming and Thor opening days and the crowd was totally muted.

In Infinity War though there were lots of people screaming, clapping and they were completely shocked with the way it ended.

Same here( Italy)

9 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Damn BP's Opening Day percentage of the current total is amazing for a movie with such huge opening. You have to go down to #45 TS3 to find a movie with better % of it's total gross. 

Yeah, really impressive stuff. If IW pulled a similar kind of OD:final multiplier (never going to happen, purely demonstrating the insanity of BP’s) it would end up near or above TFA in the 900s :hahaha:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's hilarious to see people talk disappointment of what will most likely be an OW DOM of $225M to $240M. Come on, man. I hope people aren't too angry if/when Episode IX does a similar number OW DOM. Or, if Jurassic World with inflation/hype does $200M.

Whatever Solo does will spell the beginning of the end of the Star Wars brand I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's hilarious to see people talk disappointment of what will most likely be an OW DOM of $225M to $240M. Come on, man. I hope people aren't too angry if/when Episode IX does a similar number OW DOM. Or, if Jurassic World with inflation/hype does $200M.

I think people would be surprised rather than angry if the new Jurassic World movie did more than $200m ow.

• Like 8

Yeah these numbers are still absolutely mind-boggling, especially the ones from OS. This monster has a good chance at becoming the biggest SH movie of all time Worldwide.

I dont think Marvel and Disney have to worry :P

2 hours ago, ACSlater said:

At the bar killing time and this hot bartender is a big a marvel fan...

I have a single ticket to go see AIW in 2 hours or wait till later tonight and see it with her...f*ck I don't want to wait any longer...but cute girl on the other hand...

Arrrgh...

Underwear model?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

If this does do $220m for OW, and gets CW-like legs, it won't even top AoU adjusted (or will be right around it). 

If this does do $220m OW, and gets Titanic legs, it won't even top 5B, it would only get to 4.6153B 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

If anyone is truly disappointed with a 224-235 OW then you have lost all perspective. 

Well, we were disappointed when a movie had the 2nd biggest OW at the time with "just" 191M so...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1