CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

There was Black Panther this year true and I almost forgot it; the 18th MCU movie that didn't even feel much like a MCU movie in its best parts. I guess there's some hope there then although I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they'll make X-Men with pretty much the same kind of aesthetic and identity as the usual MCU movies, sadly.

And just so you know, I honestly included Deadpool when I mentioned a more personal approach.

I meant DP is an exception regarding your point about Fox putting out stuff different from what MCU was doing, and that's a legitimate point because that and LOGAN wouldn't have happened in Feige's MCU. They just wouldn't. But the other X-Men movies (good and bad)? To argue they're a bridge far away from the MCU stuff is a stretch. At the most, they're as different as say that generic PS4 controller made by a 3rd party manufacturer can plug into your PS4 and work fine. 

I mean jesus, don't forget that leather X-Men uniform look has fans in the MCU. Just ask Hawkeye/Black Widow. 

Edited by RRA

2 hours ago, Rthanos said:

I currently had it 68-73 lets see bit later how its looking

If Sunday follows the trend it'll be on the high end :)

Fri early had 102 range 100-105, the upped it to top of the range 105m, current est 105.967

Sat  80 range 77-82 then 78-83 but kept number 80 see where it fell , later agreed with @EmpireCity 82 figure, current est 83m

So if the trend continues it'll be 73 LOL...or maybe it'll come undone and be at low end , lot factors in play see how evening goes. Either way the 61 is toast

Weekend had 220-260 range stuck with 240...so 260 might happen :)

drop top end to 71.5, 68-71.5

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Every Gitesh update happens not too long after an update from RTH. Wonder what Gitesh's username is here. 

Empire City?  :rofl:

(Sorry, couldn't help it)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mekanos said:

All ten fans of the Singerverse will soon be outnumbered when MCU X-Men movies make a billion dollars.

Easy way for Feige to make people get hyped up for X-Men reboot? Give Wolverine a mask finally. That's a start. 

37 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Because Singer is actually a superficial shitbag. The X-Men films could long ago have been deep films transcending their genre, but Singer always teased it, and fanboys lapped it up. In reality, he has no idea how to go deeper so what you see is the best you're gonna get. 

Given that Singer is also a paedophile liar, it is no wonder that he was unable to go beyond the surface of interesting and resonant themes. 

I’m curious as to what Matthew Vaughn could have done with the X-Men franchise had he stayed on past First Class.