CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Deadpool 2 is not going to do 400mil and Venom is still a question mark because it might be terrible. How many sequels to 350mil+mil grossers have increased? One. It's not an easy thing to do.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

3 minutes ago, BardCrank said:

Thanos is Infinity-punching historic box office number and people are expecting the film to fail horribly after OW , most even consider 600m to be a difficult feat . how the fuck is this possible ??? 

every 200m OW movie passed 600 , this one will probably be closer to 300m than 200m ( fingers crossed for a 252m OW ) and still most don't expect it to do a decent job later on  

I sound like a broken record but I never understood the attitude of many people towards IW ever since the first trailer was released. Entering this forum was like entering a different reality to everywhere else, this thing had this gigantic hype and here I was mostly reading people talking about what a non-event this, how it has no buzz e.t.c e.t.c. 

Now I see people everywhere going crazy over this film and still read about how it will have bad legs because “kids were crying” or whatever else people can come up with. Honestly reading reactions everywhere else, I  can’t find a single reason why this won’t have very good legs, even freakin deadpool2 (which won’t hurt IW much anyway) comes out in IW FOURTH weekend. Thanos seems to becoming a part of pop culture around the world overnight and I still read here about bad legs, whatever.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Deadpool 2 is not going to do 400mil and Venom is still a question mark because it might be terrible.

Venom will be both wonderful and terrible 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Getting the feeling this thread is about to turn into it's own war.....

Nah, simply reminding people that on the biggest Saturday of all time on the biggest opening weekend of all time that someone who mods on a box office analysis site saw fit to call worthless and a joke and take away that precious purple color gifted them with a pinpoint accurate to the fucking digit prediction before anyone else.  

Same as saying weeks ago that $225m was the floor and by that time it virtually had the record locked up.  

Don't tell me I don't know box office!!

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, BardCrank said:

Thanos is Infinity-punching historic box office number and people are expecting the film to fail horribly after OW , most even consider 600m to be a difficult feat . how the fuck is this possible ??? 

every 200m OW movie passed 600 , this one will probably be closer to 300m than 200m ( fingers crossed for a 252m OW ) and still most don't expect it to do a decent job later on  

It's all about which set of data you base your predictions on. There's enough evidence to support either belief.

Still leery on legs, think $600M is happening now (using a $250M OW it just needs a 2.4x multiple) but when it’ll drop 60% next weekend, probably 45%-50% third weekend and gets trucked by Deadpool 2 and Solo back to back.

Empire City doesn't bother me at all and I'm baffled why anyone is bothered by him. I like that he gives out early numbers and is sort of cocky. Cocky is only bad if you are a jerk and he hasn't come off as a jerk to me.

• Like 11
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, RandomCat said:

It's all about which set of data you base your predictions on. There's enough evidence to support either belief.

Yeah after being burned on AOU and CW, it was reasonable to be leery. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

How is it not? It spends a lot of the time calling white people colonists and literally ignoring white characters for actions that happened hundreds of years ago whilst audiences are like 'omg such an important movie'

NO

if i made a film called white knight and had scenes where the heroes ignored black guys for lets say being a big factor as to why homicide is so high in USA it wouldnt sit too well. 

Black Panther is a good movie but lets not act like it was a really important movie and not a little racist, dont be blind. 

You just proved his point with impressive promptness. 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A lot of kids like it, it’s basically their Spongebob.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/19/avengers-infinity-war-fandango-summer-movies-survey/

Most Anticipated Summer Family Film:

1. The Incredibles 2 (June 15)
  2. Disney’s Christopher Robin (August 3)
  3. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (July 13)
  4. Show Dogs (May 18)
  5. Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (July 27)

SHOW 👏 DOGS 👏 HAS 👏 MORE 👏 HYPE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

When a Star Wars movie opens, arguments about Marvel ensue.

When a Marvel movie opens, arguments about Star Wars ensue.

Life truly is a vicious circle.

When a Star Wars movie opens, arguments about Marvel ensue. DC fans speculate about a Snyder cut.

When a Marvel movie opens, arguments about Star Wars ensue. DC fans speculate about a Snyder cut.

Life truly is a vicious circle.

Edited by LaughingEvans
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Nah, simply reminding people that on the biggest Saturday of all time on the biggest opening weekend of all time that someone who mods on a box office analysis site saw fit to call worthless and a joke and take away that precious purple color gifted them with a pinpoint accurate to the fucking digit prediction before anyone else.  

Same as saying weeks ago that $225m was the floor and by that time it virtually had the record locked up.  

Don't tell me I don't know box office!!

giphy.gif

Oh I know. You have every right to gloat dude. It's just who those posts were by and yes, reading them they do come off harsh towards you. So yeah, I get it. I was just making a generalized comment as far as "war". Wasn't saying it was a good thing or a bad thing. I'm not on here 24/7 or even daily so have no idea what happened before this weekend.

On another note, anyone else who thinks Infinity War has the best MCU soundtrack? Like, the stuff from the GOTG movies is very good and movies like Thor: Ragnarok or Iron Man also had solid music, but Silvestri really nailed this one.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

That's the thing though. Outside of Rey and Kylo, I don't think the new cast has had anywhere close to the cultural impact of the original 3. TLJ was all marketed around Luke. He was the main draw as seen by all the posters. Rey was a big part as well but that was Lukes movie and TFA was Hans. "Chewie we're home" - that was the big selling point.

Now they just have Rey vs Kylo which we've already seen. Maybe Lucasfilms still has some tricks up it's sleeves. I hope so.

I agree with you and wasn't the plan originally to put Leia as the center of Ep IX. 

And well as she died *sad* I have no idea who they want to put in the center apart from Rey and Kylo.