CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

its a fucking gem

I love DREDD. I want that sequel dammit. 

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Nope - Marvel selling off the rights to the "top 3" (Spidey/Xmen/F4) forced them to utilize the others in a way we wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Yup, though they probably weren't thinking that as that time.

Necessity is the mother of invention. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

A dark, somber, overrated mess of a movie? Sounds like you just described AIW.

What did Thor do to you this time?

16 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

They didn’t and , for me, the only good X-Men films are x2 and first class. The X-men franchise has huge potential and people will see that when it escapes singer’s and fox’s claws. The X-Men must have a menacing and scary magneto, a great leader similar to captain America in cyclops , a juggernaut causing chaos like hulk e.t.c

The first Spiderman and X-Men movies only did well cause we didn't know any different. Marvel hadn't shown them how it's done. I loved them at the time, but they certainly don't hold up well. Not by today's standards. The best they've done was DoFP and even that's only alright. Not sure about why people loved Logan. It wouldn't even crack my top 20 SH movies.

I almost think that maybe X-Men belongs as a GoT/Daredevil type series. How Star Trek shows focus more on character development and thought-provoking stories vs Star Wars. This would allow all the franchises to not interfere with each other. Disney is launching their own streaming service after all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RRA said:

No offense but I keep reading people saying this with the X-Men franchise itself (not including Deadpool but that's a whole other beast and quite frankly, your argument makes more sense there) and I keep thinking: wasn't Killmonger effectively Black Magneto? Its simplified but in essence you have the tragic victim belonging to an abused minority class with motivations that make you go "you know he has a point" but you don't go along with him fully because you know he's psychotic as charismatic terrorists/would-be tyrants/cult leaders tend to be. I think MCU can pull off the dramatic baggage of that property. 

I mean as already mentioned, X1/X2 informed the MCU formula. Hell I remember noticing when I rewatched X2 years back how in terms of the booking for trying to give most of that cast something interesting/memorable to do regardless of screentime* and planting seeds of "we could do that" for future installments (most which unfortunately don't pan out) and Easter eggs, etc., it reminded me of the future ensemble team-up pics that MCU would make billions from. 

*=Except Cyclops got boned. He deserves better than what that franchise has done with him. 

There was Black Panther this year true and I almost forgot it; the 18th MCU movie that didn't even feel much like a MCU movie in its best parts. I guess there's some hope there then although I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they'll make X-Men with pretty much the same kind of aesthetic and identity as the usual MCU movies, sadly.

And just so you know, I honestly included Deadpool when I mentioned a more personal approach.

Just now, LonePirate said:

This ought to be fun.

You know I liked TLJ but jesus when fans started pulling the "this was too smart/dense!" to all the criticisms I thought really you're going to borrow the debate strategy book from a polarizing controversial spandex movie from a couple years back that its fanbase used to defend the work while unintentionally burying the rest of the work put out before/subsequently (some of it even good!) in the process? Yeah that was a turn off. 

Don't do that fans. 

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Every Gitesh update happens not too long after an update from RTH. Wonder what Gitesh's username is here. 

I mean, the "according to a source" is freaking hilarious.

Gitesh, reveal yourself !

:Venom:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2