Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Is she depressed tho?

Yeah. Safe to say. I know I shouldn't be laughing but sorry, this is really funny. I was joking about her being an upset ex wife, she actually is.

Found this on her characters wikipedia page:

Ann Weying committed suicide after spotting Spider-Man webslinging in an older black costume at a time when his regular red and blue suit had been stolen. Ann, still reeling from the experience of bonding with the symbiote months earlier and unable to deal with the return of Eddie Brock into her life—coupled with Brock's transformation into Venom directly in front of her as he ran off to kill Spider-Man—sent her over the edge, and she leapt from her high rise apartment to her death.[6] Her death is later confirmed when her tombstone is shown.[7]

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Goffe said:

Down for it as long as the plot doesn't revolve around boring corporate villain trying to get his hands on the symbiote stuff. 

That's surely what it looks like.  Corporate dude comes across/seizes scraps of symbiote for his own ends...and then of course puts it on in the last fifteen minutes. 

I'm in the camp of 'this teaser is useless.'  They have until October, there was no need for something this early...especially when they essentially have nothing to "show."  And when you don't make it clear what the dilemma (or even film title) is for the general audience.

Sure hope Woody's playing a crazy villain...otherwise it doesn't look there's any life in this thing.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

This has got to be the best teaser trailer for a comic book movie for a very very long time. Notice I said teaser trailer not full trailer. It shows just enough to keep one interested in stuff pertaining to this movie. Very well done SONY. :bravo:

when this movie was announced folks were shocked at how a non-sm venom will take place. but it seems like they have a coherent anti-hero story/movie they are ready to sell more confidently than disney was doing with solo. can't blame them for having a really teasing teaser and holding back the venom look. they had the big ask of getting people except a non-sm (at least in marketing) venom solo in the first place.

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I'm no MCU fanboy but I would prefer to see characters like Venom appear in, I don't know, the actual Spider-Man movies being made and not these weird spin off films that are likely unconnected and make the villain the hero or something 

Same.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

when this movie was announced folks were shocked at how a non-sm venom will take place. but it seems like they have a coherent anti-hero story/movie they are ready to sell more confidently than disney was doing with solo. can't blame them for having a really teasing teaser and holding back the venom look. they had the big ask of getting people except a non-sm (at least in marketing) venom solo in the first place.

I mean, we keep calling this a teaser, but it’s really a first trailer. It’s almost 2 min long and is called Official Teaser Trailer, same thing the first Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther trailers were called. There’s been multiple movies people were unsure of or curious about that released teaser trailers that were great, including Deadpool, GotG, Logan, etc. Sony doesn’t really have an excuse, especially given that they should know people are skeptical. They still have time, but that trailer should’ve been better. 

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

I mean, we keep calling this a teaser, but it’s really a first trailer. It’s almost 2 min long and is called Official Teaser Trailer, same thing the first Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther trailers were called. There’s been multiple movies people were unsure of or curious about that released teaser trailers that were great, including Deadpool, GotG, Logan, etc. Sony doesn’t really have an excuse, especially given that they should know people are skeptical. They still have time, but that trailer should’ve been better. 

It's 90 seconds.

5 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

honestly i think the DP2's first teaser (the thanksgiving one) was very lame (which i believe was not the majority opinion). the recent trailer was real fun though.