Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

You've got Eurovision next week too!

Does it ever impact box office?

It should because of being set here. There is a lot of hype around the event because of it.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

You guys are just getting T23D? :lol: 

We did this weekend. It had limited shows on Saturday and Sunday.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

AOU dropped 33% on MD with the next w/e at 32.4%.  Avengers - 27.9% while next w/e was 28.7%   Both on 2nd w/es - seems negligible except Avengers had a high low 70s% drop on Monday than it's usual mid 60s while AOU's Monday drop was the same low 70s

AOU dropped 50% on it's 3rd w/e but was up against 2 movies that totaled $115m.   AIW will have less than 30% of that competition.

TA/AoU are no longer a very good comparison for IW because of the week difference in release. Those movies were facing competition the same weekend IW will, except it was their 3rd weekends not 4th. IW's 4th weekend will see that competition, opposed to TA/IW which got soft holds from their 4th weekend being MD. So everything is going to be all messed up from here in terms of trying to compare weekend holds. IW is likely to get good 3rd and 5th weekend holds and a poor 4th one, while that was reversed for TA/AoU.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

btw, did @Rthanos post the top theaters for Infinity War opening weekend? I wanna see how mine did lol.

top playdates 29-Apr
all AIW

1-AMC Burbank
2-AMC Empire 25, New York City
(Combined with E-walk across the road ,#1 and in the stratosphere)
3-AMC Lincoln Square, New York City
4-Regal Irvine Spectrum
5-Regal Kaufman Astoria, Astoria NY
6-Regal Atlantic Station , Atlanta GA
7-Pac Arclight Hollywood
8-AMC Tyson Corner, Mclean VA
9-Regal Ontario Palace CA
(Combined with Ontario Mills #2)
10-AMC Orange 30
11-Regal LA Live Stadium
12-Regal Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn NY
13-AMC Disney Springs, Orlando FL
14-Pac Glendale 
15-PAc Arclight Sherman Oaks
16-Regal New Roc City
17-AMc 34st , New York City
18-AMc Metreon , San Francisco
19-CPLX Scotiabank, Toronto CA
20-Regal Houston Marq Stadium

Top Canada
1-CPLX Scotiabank, Toronto CA,2-CPLX Banque Scotia Montreal, 3-CPLX Winston Churchill, Oakville ON, 4-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook Calgary AB< 5-CPLX Queensway Etobicoke ON

• Thanks 1

The OW minus previews drop is only 1.7% harsher than TA's. So that's a very good sign for legs. I wish DP2 wasn't happening until June like originally, I'd still have some confidence in it getting the 2.95x it needs to beat Avatar. But I don't think it can with the 4th weekend drop it will have. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belle said:

I think that was the problem. Civil War was a movie that appealed more so to MCU fans. Once they burned through most of the fans with that 180M opening, it dropped like a rock because many of them either weren't rewatching it or they made up the bulk of Civil War's audience and didn't reach out to many other groups like Black Panther for example did. 

Plus as HD copy hit the internet 18 days after opening day......

Edited by Ocho