Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Terminator 2 is praised by the whole of the film community ? What ? It was just a simple blockbuster , nothing more nothing less. There’s nothing special, in terms of quality in t2, just a great action sci-fi film and that’s about it. It’s not like it’s apocalypse now or godfather 2.

"Terminator 2 has since been ranked by several publications such as the American Film Institute as one of the greatest action films, science fiction films and sequels of all time."

Unless you think it's somehow lesser for being an action film, a sci-fi film, or a sequel...

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Terminator 2 is praised by the whole of the film community ? What ? It was just a simple blockbuster , nothing more nothing less. There’s nothing special, in terms of quality in t2, just a great action sci-fi film and that’s about it. It’s not like it’s apocalypse now or godfather 2.

You just also described Infinity War. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

"Terminator 2 has since been ranked by several publications such as the American Film Institute as one of the greatest action films, science fiction films and sequels of all time."

Unless you think it's somehow lesser for being an action film, a sci-fi film, or a sequel...

I think it’s nothing special when talking about quality, just a big blockbuster film. I also don’t understand why people have to set their own criteria to fit their agenda when discussing everything from IMDb ratings to box office results. Things are what they are , simple as that. I hate titanic but I won’t create some new criteria to downplay its success. Now we have shit like “this doesn’t count because it’s a sequel”, “that doesn’t count because China”  e.t.c, e.t.c People should learn to accept the facts , like the IMDB rating of IW and move on instead of creating alternate realities. Whatever makes some people happy I guess....

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I found this 

🤷🏼‍♂️

Does this person actually have access to numbers, or is he guessing based on the range of estimates provided by other sources?

32+ makes 120 very likely if Sat behaves similar to other MCU films except TA which showed only a 47% 2nd Sat bump.

51.5 (+61%)

36.6 (-29%)

= 120.1

edit: low-end probably

49.3 (+54%)

33.8 (-31.5%)

= 115.1

Edited by A2k Raptor

6 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

32+ makes 120 very likely if Sat behaves similar to other MCU films except TA which showed only a 47% 2nd Sat bump.

51.5 (+61%)

36.6 (-29%)

= 120.1

I have it closer to 115 still with a 32 mill Friday.

• Like 1

His numbers usually seem to check out so I'd say he's probably legit. Shouldn't be sharing it like he is but hey that's his problem.

I did look through his Twitter though and he was hating on Dunkirk so maybe we should disregard everything he says :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

You really seem to hate blockbusters! You realise this is a blockbuster forum right.

I mean Jim could create the best film of all time and if no one was there to see it, what would be the point in that?

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have it closer to 115 still with a 32 mill Friday.

yeah. i think sat could actually be mid-high 50% instead of 60%+.

50 (+57%)

35 (-30%)

= 117

I think based on how Iw and black panther operated on their Saturdays...

Ithink we are going to see a rather decent Friday with an explosive Saturday.

I am unsure but didn't IW increase way more last Saturday in percentage then the tA in 2012.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think based on how Iw and black panther operated on their Saturdays...

Ithink we are going to see a rather decent Friday with an explosive Saturday.

I am unsure but didn't IW increase way more last Saturday in percentage then the tA in 2012.

You say IW probably will have strong Saturday right?