kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

8 hours ago, Nakamura said:

If it keeps dropping 63% for the next 4 weeks, it will finish at 2750

But it won't, the next week will drop harsher because many countries had holidays this week.

• Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$2.35 B

42 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I meant week on week drop. Weekend drop wont be so bad. After that drop will be much better 

15 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Yes, mid-week drop will be horrific due to holidays for most countries throughout the week last week, while no holidays this week for most. 
However, the weekend to weekend drop should be similar to this weekend and then the full week to week drops will recover the week after. 
Nothing strange given the amount of holidays last week and the general frontloaded-ness of the China box office.

This week is expected to drop hard, so can it still hit the $2.5B at the end of the week? 

In Greece, Endgame sold 107,133 admissions during its sophomore frame. This was a 15% increase when comparing TFSS. Contributing to this was the fact that it opened on a Wednesday and that last weeked was Easter weekend so many cinemas were closed.

If we take into account its opening Wednesday admissions too, it dropped 38% during it second weeked. Still a very impressive number. Higher than all MCU opening weekends except Infinity War. It is already the biggest superhero film of all time (my data go back to 2003 – there is a chance that Spider-Man from 2002 earned more). It is the biggest film of the last 3.5 years. It should easily surpass The Force Awakens and Spectre to become the biggest non-local film since 2012's Skyfall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, youcantseemyname said:

Is this good or bad? Doesn't sound very good to me.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, fabiopazzo2 said:

Considering last Monday was Russia OD (biggest single day ever), I’d say a 35M Monday which yields a 58% weekly drop is perfectly fine.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

:ban:

C’mon, they were clearly referring to the daily, not the cume. It’s a reasonable question if you’re new to following this stuff (though, I admit, it feels like “is that good or bad” has become a much more prevalent type of comment over the past year or so, much to my chagrin).

• Like 2

how on earth can we have estimates for monday when most of the markets have not finished their day. Does comscore track real time BO in all OS markets? I think Charlie is just estimating gross and extrapolating OS gross.

Korea and Japan still has holiday boost? Minus that I am assuming its a normal weekday.

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

C’mon, they were clearly referring to the daily, not the cume. It’s a reasonable question if you’re new to following this stuff (though, I admit, it feels like “is that good or bad” has become a much more prevalent type of comment over the past year or so, much to my chagrin).

Well the :ban: emoji is meant as a joke and is mostly used that way on the forum :lol:

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

:ban::cya:

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$35mn Approx Overseas Monday. Cume $1609mn Approx.

By Thursday I expect $1675mn Approx.

http://bit.ly/EGOverseas

If this is your guesstimate, you need to specify it as such. Otherwise it gives false impression that it is official number and hence creates confusion.

BTW, 'officially', weekend actuals will be reported today. Monday numbers will be reported tomorrow.

Edited by Fake