kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Wait, number of japan is wrong. It actually hit $39.5M after monday, and after $37.3M after Sunday.

Dont know that $36.7M came out of where????

And I dont know if the number of other countries are right or not?

Edited by Nakamura

7 minutes ago, Nakamura said:

Wait, number of japan is wrong. It actually hit $39.5M after monday, and after $37.3M after Sunday.

Dont know that $36.7M came out of where????

And I dont know if the number of other countries are right or not?

Corpse overestimates average ticket price. After Monday, AEG made 4.08B not 4.4 in lc.

Edited by ucas
  • Like 1

Endgame reached earned $1B in ticket sales in record time – twice. It took 5 days to reach $1B. Then it took another 8 days to earn $1B more compared to where it was at the end of Sunday ( $1.224B ). It is now at $2.238B. 2.238-1.224=$1.014B. Unthinkable.

Both numbers are better than the previous record, held by Infinity War, which took 11 days to reach $1B. Endgame has to out-gross Avatar cuz it's gonna drive me crazy if it doesn't, after all the records that it has been breaking so far.

[EDIT] What's more, it only needed 11 days to reach $2B, which was the previous record for reaching $1B. How crazy is that?

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 6
  • Astonished 9
  • ...wtf 1

Endgame

Infinity War

Wednesday

Thursday

89.39 (+43.78%)

56 (+43.59%)

Friday

119.43 (+33.6%)

83.5 (+49.1%)

Sat+Sun

FSS

Monday

Tuesday

62.36 (+11.24%)

64.5 (+16.84%)*

Wednesday

77.54 (+24.34%)(+24.72%)*

32.2 (-50%)(-17.43%)

Thursday

45.46 (-41.37%)(-49.14%)

27.1 (-15.83%)(-51.6%)

Friday

49.11 (+8.02%)(-58.88%)

34.5 (+27.3%)(-58.43%)

Sat+Sun

136 (-49.1%)

100.1 (-51%)

FSS

185 (-52.17%)

134.6 (-53.23%)

Monday

28.5 (-49.16%)

21.3 (-61.41%)

Red = Daily holds

Blue = Weekly holds from same day last week

* = 1st May holiday

NB = The above numbers do not include China and Russia for both Infinity War and Endgame. These 2 countries had wildly different release pattern which would have made comparisons a nightmare. Most other countries opened on the same day or a day apart or were too small to matter. 

PS = I know weekends are counted differently for different countries but I took true Friday and then Sat+Sun numbers from BORreport or counted them myself. So the FSS shouldnt be a problem. Also the numbers are from BORreport twitter so if there is any discrepancy blame them 

1) I was quite surprised to see that Endgame held better than Infinity War did this weekend. I would have thought it would fall harder. 

Endgame has so far kept pace with Infinity War’s multi till now, being only slightly behind

2) Infinity War made another 260 million approximately after its second weekend. But Endgame is obviously gonna make more as its 2nd weekend and daily numbers are higher than Infinity War. IW had a 1.93x multi after its 2nd weekend. IF Endgame has the same multi from its 2nd weekend, it will make another 357 million more. 

3) I doubt that it would make that much more as I expect legs to be shorter going forward. But the good news is that it probably only needs something like 280m more from OS to cross Avatar (I am assuming 875m Dom, 45m Russia and 620m China). So basically it really only needs to make 20m more than what Infinity War made from this point onwards despite having much bigger dailies.

4) As for Dom, last time I went very conservative (like 850m) and was shouted at  So I calculated AoU and IW's legs going forward to see what Endgame would do. 

Multi

EG’s gross with same multi

IW’s multi off of total after 2nd week

IW’s multi off of 2nd weeks gross

AoU’s multi off of total after 2nd week

Aou’s multi off of 2nd weeks gross

Infinity War's multi till Sunday was 1.758, Endgame was 1.74 and AoU was 1.64. So looking at this one would assume that Endgame's total would be a lot closer to the first 2 estimates (931 and 911) rather than AoU's estimates seeing that Endgame's multi has followed IW's closely and is far ahead of AoU. Seeing the above table even my assumed total of 875m for Endgame seems low but again I want to stay as conservative as I can. 

Unfortunately taking even the scenario where Endgame follows IW exactly from here on forth in multi and taking an optimistic number from China (640) and Russia (50) will only get Endgame to 2.95b. It would need to outperform even Infinity War's multi going forward to be able to cross 3b mark. So we can safely shelf the 3 billie talk. 

PS: If any of my numbers are incorrect please let me know and I will rectify

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

23mn Tuesday // 1628mn Cume

That’s honestly a better hold than I thought coming off big holiday numbers in SK and UK

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 7:55 PM, Charlie Jatinder said:

Around 26 in real value. South Korea Monday Holiday.

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

23mn Tuesday // 1628mn Cume

Very small drop from Monday when you factor out the holidays. Seems pretty decent. 

Could mean a relatively better hold this weekend than last weekend. 

4 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Very small drop from Monday when you factor out the holidays. Seems pretty decent. 

Could mean a relatively better hold this weekend than last weekend. 

That 26 is without China. Without China Tuesday will be 19mn Approx.