kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

24 minutes ago, Moses said:

I have a Question

What is the maximum a movie can achieve worldwide now ??

Any movie? Like what's the maximum a movie can possibly make right now?

If a movie has the same reaction worldwide (in over 50 markets) that TFA had domestically or Frozen had in Japan, I'd say probably $5 billion.

That scenario is extremely unlikely (obviously).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moses said:

I have a Question

What is the maximum a movie can achieve worldwide now ??

Endgame has 10 years and 22 movies behind it. I don’t believe we will see anything close in this age and not even Avatar 2. That’s why if Endgame didn’t beat the record now it’ll never be beaten.

to answer your question, I think 2bill is the maximum a movie can make.

Edited by Hemo memo

2 minutes ago, Hemo memo said:

Endgame has 10 years and 22 movies behind it. I don’t believe we will see anything close in this age and not even Avatar 2. That’s why if Endgame didn’t beat the record now it’ll never be beaten.

to answer your question, I think 2bill is the maximum a movie can make.

We've had 3 movies in the last 4 years beat 2 billion but that's the maximum a movie can make? Lmao

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

If a movie has the same reaction worldwide (in over 50 markets) that TFA had domestically or Frozen had in Japan, I'd say probably $5 billion.

In a world if perfect storm can be created.

-Titanic admission In European and USA.

-Endgame reaction in L.A and Asia.

-Frozen hype in Japan

-Avatar 3D+IMAX share and exchange rate

-Wolf worrier 2 in China.

-Baahubali 2 in India.

Yes, 5b is where a movie with a perfect storm can go 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

In a world if perfect storm can be created.

-Titanic admission In European and USA.

-Endgame reaction in L.A and Asia.

-Frozen hype in Japan

-Avatar 3D+IMAX share and exchange rate

-Wolf worrier 2 in China.

-Baahubali 2 in India.

Yes, 5b is where a movie with a perfect storm can go 

Cant fathom any film ever hitting all of those demographics. With Twitter, Netflix, other streaming and currencies crushed I will be shocked to see even 4B in the next 11 years. Heck above 3.5 seems very unlikely.

Both OS and dom will go up. OS always does cause some markets are underreported in estmates while Sunday is guaranteed to have a softer drop than projected thanks to Canada Day. All in all, re-release is a success. the movie achieved big jumps from previous week and it didn't even get re-release everywhere OS. :)

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Menor said:

We've had 3 movies in the last 4 years beat 2 billion but that's the maximum a movie can make? Lmao

You mean Infinity War? The movie before this and Star Wars? Just because it’s easy for marvel doesn’t mean for everyone.

Edited by Hemo memo

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Cant fathom any film ever hitting all of those demographics. With Twitter, Netflix, other streaming and currencies crushed I will be shocked to see even 4B in the next 11 years. Heck above 3.5 seems very unlikely.

When dvd/vcd first hit , people worried about how cinema go doom from there, yet the movie inch closer to billion.

When online streaming hit in early 2010s, people got panic attack again, yet more and more billionaire now.

Online streaming only hit significantly the mid-budget drama/comedy or indie, most of the blockbuster underperform due to the their poor quality saturation of blockbuster, with streaming or not, nobody pay attention to them .    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

When dvd/vcd first hit , people worried about how cinema go doom from there, yet the movie inch closer to billion.

When online streaming hit in early 2010s, people got panic attack again, yet more and more billionaire now.

Online streaming only hit significantly the mid-budget drama/comedy or indie, most of the blockbuster underperform due to the their poor quality saturation of blockbuster, with streaming or not, nobody pay attention to them .    

VHS/dvd required going to a physical location and spending $5 at Blockbuster to rent it. Streaming is free for many, next to nothing cost with coupons and such instantly and of course illegal torrenting. I'm not saying I won't be wrong but if none of the factors affected stuff Avatar 2 should do 4B. I don't believe it even hits 3B and besides that film nothing else will sniff the current total for years. IMO of course.

Edited by cdsacken

11 minutes ago, Hemo memo said:

You mean Infinity War? The movie before this and Star Wars? Just because it’s easy for marvel doesn’t mean for everyone.

The question was "what is the maximum a movie can make" right? Not "what number is really hard for a movie to make". Factually the maximum cannot be 2 billion since 4 movies have done higher than that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Once in a blue moon (Titanic)