kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

5 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

It's funny how Scott Mendelson wrote an article about how EG would NOT pass Avatar when last weekend estimates came in, then many other sites quoted him on that, because it's Forbes. And that title spreaded everywhere. I swear, in Vietnam, there's a paper that wrote 3 articles within 4 days just to say how "disappointing" and "catastrophic" EG re-release was.

Little do they know estimates are not actuals. And the re-release is staggered. Including Mr. Scott.

I'm looking forwards to see how they will spin things this weekend.

"Breaking News! Chances are still there for Endgame. What a surprise!"

And we'll all be here witnessing how that kind of stupidity unfolds.

Scott mendelson articles are really the definition of PURE CANCER, I don't know how this guy writes for Forbes.

Seriously, his knowledge of BO is not that good.

15 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Scott mendelson articles are really the definition of PURE CANCER, I don't know how this guy writes for Forbes.

His projection is seriously bad. Mark Hugest is much better, but he writes less

1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

but man some of the fanbase is acting like the MCU is the greatest achievement in the history of mankind. 

What makes you think that?

If we want EG to break the WW record, this means we are convinced that the MCU is the best thing in cinema history and everything else is subpar?

JC is one of my favorite directors, I love all of his movies, hell T2 is in my top 10 movies of all time, I want EG to break the record cause I want new movie to hold the top spot after Avatar keeping it for 10 years, plus EG is the worthiest movie in this decade to do so.

will JC legacy be erased and forgotten if Avatar became no.2 ?

Edited by Permanent Magnet
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

but man some of the fanbase is acting like the MCU is the greatest achievement in the history of mankind.

I’ve gotten sick of a lot of the EG vs Ava stuff, but there’s a pretty good argument that it’s the greatest achievement in the history of franchise BO. 23B in 23 movies in 11 years is some wild shit.

57 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Didn't he claim that the EG rerelease was intended to hurt Annabelle Comes Home? Like....how the fuck?

• Haha 6
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

C’mon, don’t be a sour fanboy. Avengers: Endgame is getting these numbers because it’s the Summer, Disney saw the opportunity of re-releasing just around Spider-Man: Far From Home and went for it. Avatar will eventually become #1 once again when they re-release it, don’t worry.

Re-release it a 2nd time*

21 minutes ago, Menor said:

Didn't he claim that the EG rerelease was intended to hurt Annabelle Comes Home? Like....how the fuck?

Yeah, and his works also encourage many other sites to say the same thing: Screenrant, Comicbookmovie, etc... And a mess was created.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Think of it as simple as this. The highest-grossing movie of the highest-grossing movie franchise in history happens to be the biggest movie of all-time. Make perfect sense to me.

perfectly balanced as all things should be.

Edited by Hemo memo

14 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Actually it was more than one already. Avatar ended it’s run originally around $2.783-2.84B. It made to almost $2.788B throughout sparsed releases in several countries.

So it ended it’s og run at 2.84B bigger than it re released number of 2.788B?

4 minutes ago, Sindreee said:

Not "official" re-releases, but like it happens with Infinity War and MCU films that get screenings every other year. It pulled around $4m from these other releases.

Wait guys. We are all expecting EG to drop significantly next weekend compare to this week. However, after doing some calculations, i can't really see a particular point of dropping off. 

Monday drop will be around 50% since we're in July now (based on Infinity War), better than this weekend. We'll also see a Tuesday bump (instead of dropping like this weekend). Then a normal drop on Wednesday, and staying almost flat on Thursday as there are no big releases. As for the weekend, we'll see a normal big Friday bump, and a significant Saturday jump (unlike this weekend), then a normal Sun.

I mean, if it is meant to drop, when is it?

1 hour ago, Sindreee said:

Nope it ended its original run at $2,749,064,328 which was surpassed by Endgame even before its expansion. Then it added about 38m through its various re-releases over time for a final total of $2,787,965,087. I dont know where that 2.84b number is coming from. I checked Wiki, Mojo, The-numbers, the trades, etc and all corroborate these numbers.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Nope it ended its original run at $2,749,064,328 which was surpassed by Endgame even before its expansion. Then it added about 38m through its various re-releases over time for a final total of $2,787,965,087. I dont know where that 2.84b number is coming from. I checked Wiki, Mojo, The-numbers, the trades, etc and all corroborate these numbers.  

2.84 was a typo of 2.784. First run+special edition before the additional 4-5M trickled in after.