kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

It amazes me that this “is it going to beat Avatar WW” is still going on.

How in the hell can someone still doubt that it will happen???

Its only a matter of when

I bet you could easily measure how likely it looks to pass by what % of posts in the last 10 pages are from... certain... users.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I bet you could easily measure how likely it looks to pass by what % of posts in the last 10 pages are from... certain... users.

After this weekend there will be more users on the positive side. After next week even more so.

29 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Nothing special imo

It isn’t if we take it isolated. What is interesting is that July 4th weekends are famous for not being very kind with old releases, and depending of how high, it might signal for sub 50% weekend to weekends drops, which at this point is important to see how far from Avatar can Avengers: Endgame go.

21 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

It isn’t if we take it isolated. What is interesting is that July 4th weekends are famous for not being very kind with old releases, and depending of how high, it might signal for sub 50% weekend to weekends drops, which at this point is important to see how far from Avatar can Avengers: Endgame go.

I'm more interested in seeing Avatar down in about 3 weeks (the weeken after the Lion King). 

Interestingly, according to my math, that will be a huge weekend for Disney. Aladdin will cross 1B by the, The Lion King (if it really explodes) will cross 1B by then, and Endgame passes Avatar.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I'm more interested in seeing Avatar down in about 3 weeks (the weeken after the Lion King). 

Interestingly, according to my math, that will be a huge weekend for Disney. Aladdin will cross 1B by the, The Lion King (if it really explodes) will cross 1B by then, and Endgame passes Avatar.

How can you sure that will happen because the OS markets "rerelease" only last some days or one week. In next week or the week after that, the "rerelease" seems to end in some markets. How can it have enough gas for the next 3 weeks?

Edit: Only if Disney sees that it is already close enough and apply the final push. But what will be this kind of push???

Edit: i think it will finish at 2780-2782. Dont know how Disney can fill the gap of 6-8mn?

Edited by PKMLover
  • Haha 5
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

How can you sure that will happen because the OS markets "rerelease" only last some days or one week. In next week or the week after that, the "rerelease" seems to end in some markets. How can it have enough gas for the next 3 weeks?

Edit: Only if Disney sees that it is already close enough and apply the final push. But what will be this kind of push???

Edit: i think it will finish at 2780-2782. Dont know how Disney can fill the gap of 6-8mn?

I just can’t.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Hmm... I’m starting to think it might actually go sooner. I think Charlie is slow-balling his Endgame projections for OS numbers these weekdays.

But if he isn’t, we are less than $15.9m away without accounting the weekend. Judging by how overseas actuals are coming, it might even be lower than that. I wouldn’t doubt that we get the record next weekend, or little over after that. Prudence says you’re correct, but I think after this weekend, we’ll know for sure when it’s happening.

It's funny how Scott Mendelson wrote an article about how EG would NOT pass Avatar when last weekend estimates came in, then many other sites quoted him on that, because it's Forbes. And that title spreaded everywhere. I swear, in Vietnam, there's a paper that wrote 3 articles within 4 days just to say how "disappointing" and "catastrophic" EG re-release was.

Little do they know estimates are not actuals. And the re-release is staggered. Including Mr. Scott.

I'm looking forwards to see how they will spin things this weekend.

"Breaking News! Chances are still there for Endgame. What a surprise!"

And we'll all be here witnessing how that kind of stupidity unfolds.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

59 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

It's funny how Scott Mendelson wrote an article about how EG would NOT pass Avatar when last weekend estimates came in, then many other sites quoted him on that, because it's Forbes. And that title spreaded everywhere. I swear, in Vietnam, there's a paper that wrote 3 articles within 4 days just to say how "disappointing" and "catastrophic" EG re-release was.

Little do they know estimates are not actuals. And the re-release is staggered. Including Mr. Scott.

I'm looking forwards to see how they will spin things this weekend.

"Breaking News! Chances are still there for Endgame. What a surprise!"

And we'll all be here witnessing how that kind of stupidity unfolds.

I'm saving this tweet for future use.

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Astonished 1

10 hours ago, Hemo memo said:

I think people (including me) are confused because of the many articles and some are recent of why Endgame would not pass Avatar.

Articles are often written by amatours who has close to zero knowledge about real BO compared to many around here. 

They see the surface. We see whats lurking underneath and all the way around.

When the first numbers came in after the re release there was no doubt left. Disney took a chance a chance and it paid off. Fans were ready for this and now its not a question of IF. Its a question of when and with how much

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Articles are often written by amatours who has close to zero knowledge about real BO compared to many around here. 

They see the surface. We see whats lurking underneath and all the way around.

When the first numbers came in after the re release there was no doubt left. Disney took a chance a chance and it paid off. Fans were ready for this and now its not a question of IF. Its a question of when and with how much

For all the flack that BOT gets, it’s hard to argue that this isn’t the best place to discuss box office out there.

@Charlie Jatinder, any update on Endgame’s domestic Friday?

• Like 3

I have no idea what to expect with Endgame this weekend. Based off of the new Friday number and past weekend trends, we should expect $3.7 million to $4.8 million. However, I’ve heard that July 4th causes Saturdays to not jump much. Maybe Endgame, being so late in its run, will not adhere to this rule. $3 million is the floor this weekend, with $5 million being the absolute ceiling. Huge range, I’m expecting something right around $4 million personally, but it could land anywhere in there and I would not be shocked. Well higher end would definitely surprise me, but still. Very unknown and intriguing to watch for sure.

• Like 1