kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

8 hours ago, PKMLover said:

I dont know about everywhere but in my country, the average ticket price for Avatar 9-10 years ago is still higher than the average ticket price today. 

In my country,  2019 ticket price is 3 times more than 2009 ticket price. 

7 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

If you are talking about average ticket price, then it's mostly up everywhere. The thing with Avatar was that it sold a huge amount of premium tickets which boosted its own ATP.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

If you are talking about average ticket price, then it's mostly up everywhere. The thing with Avatar was that it sold a huge amount of premium tickets which boosted its own ATP.

Which is to the credit of the movie really. It was a sold as a unique theater experience, of course people wanted to see it in the best format available.

13 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

In Canada, an IMAX ticket at AMC is over $20, sure as hell didn't pay that for Avatar. Maybe not 3 times more but yeah...

13 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Also, it is topping Avatar. That there is still people doubting amuses me. :hahaha:

I'm trying to remain objective here but, I really don't see the math at all. The drops its been having lately were average to below average next to other movies. It's losing theaters now and going to lose a whole lot more with TLK.

I take it you're assuming some magical international numbers are going to show up this weekend or you're expecting some other push / re-re-release from Disney. 

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I'm trying to remain objective here but, I really don't see the math at all. The drops its been having lately were average to below average next to other movies. It's losing theaters now and going to lose a whole lot more with TLK.

I take it your assuming some magical international numbers are going to show up this weekend or you're expecting some other push / re-re-release from Disney. 

It’s getting at least $7m+ more domestic. It’s likely to have a nice haul overseas this weekend. It needs around $6-6.5m from the overseas market. Even Charlie conservative projections place the film within less than $2m from the record:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eEaG17pnLrg98zE84fWvvu_oVCucn0333xLm4QoxbEs/htmlview#

It’s over, and there is absolutely nothing "magical" about it. It’s a staggered re-release. From Brazil alone we are getting the film in a A LOT of screens for the weekend, next week and there is absolutely no way that it’ll drop from theaters anytime soon with the kind of demand it still has. 

Media outlets are coming around to this as well:

Avengers: Endgame smashed box office records in the days following its release, becoming the quickest film ever to break the $2bn barrier and ranking as the second-highest grossing film in history after only 11 days. The Marvel epic is still creeping towards Avatar’s top spot and, with the recent announcement of a strategic theatrical re-release including unseen footage, looks very likely to overtake it any time now.

Source: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/avengers-endgame-relentless-march-hollywood-144603260.html

It’s happening, you "objectively" liking it or not.

original.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

it'll probably be within 10m of the record after this weekend, leaving only 7m to go

it would be absolutely stunning if Disney let Avatar keep the record at that point which is why I've been cool shitposting and trolling the Cameron loons

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Also, it is topping Avatar. That there is still people doubting amuses me. :hahaha:

It’s like when people said $2.750 billion would be tough. If it is not instant gratification, people think it is never going to happen. It will crawl and it may take another month, but it is going to happen. People underestimate how much a movie can pull at the end of its run. It takes a long time which is why many are pessimistic about it, but it will get that money. Many people, especially with a front loaded movie such as Endgame, have trouble thinking about the long term and the slow but steady gross that time frame will bring.

Edited by Doctor Stark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

it'll probably be within 10m of the record after this weekend, leaving only 7m to go

it would be absolutely stunning if Disney let Avatar keep the record at that point which is why I've been cool shitposting and trolling the Cameron loons

Honestly I'm pretty excited to see this whole "Disney is going to drag it to the finish line" thing. We've gone from 3 billion triumphant record breaking run, to a crawl "help me Disney!" to the finish line. I really want to see how this will play out.

I'm not gonna lose my mind if Endgame passes Avatar (I liked Endgame too you know), I just wanted to see the Marvel fanboys humbled a little bit.

2 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Honestly I'm pretty excited to see this whole "Disney is going to drag it to the finish line" thing. We've gone from 3 billion triumphant record breaking run, to a crawl "help me Disney!" to the finish line. I really want to see how this will play out.

I'm not gonna lose my mind if Endgame passes Avatar (I liked Endgame too you know), I just wanted to see the Marvel fanboys humbled a little bit.

But it's not dragging anything. It's still making bank because there is a demand for it. But if it helps you sleep at night, sure.

:hahaha:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

But it's not dragging anything. It's still making bank because there is a demand for it. But if it helps you sleep at night, sure.

I mean I'm responding to this "it would be absolutely stunning if Disney let Avatar keep the record at that point". Like what the hell does that mean? That doesn't sound like Disney is going to just let Endgame have a natural run (it already doesn't).

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I mean I'm responding to this "it would be absolutely stunning if Disney let Avatar keep the record at that point". Like what the hell does that mean? That doesn't sound like Disney is going to just let Endgame have a natural run (it already doesn't).

Why it doesn't have a natural run? Because of the re-release thing? Well, we could compare original runs only but then I have some news to tell you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I'm only pointing that Disney is already making moves to put it over the line. Are any of you denying this? Is that an outrageous claim? I thought even the Marvel guys were agreeing with this. What was that re-release for?

Look I don't mind the re-release. I'm just curious to see how it's going to play out in the next few weeks. If it does it with no extra weird bumps or without some kind of other re-re-release, then good job 👍 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

I always laugh when people use the word "drag" to Endgame vs Avatar. What took Avatar 34 weeks will probably be passed by Endgame in half of that. Nothing 'dragging' about this.

• Thanks 1