kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

You are in Germany huh?

As is to see as my location (e.g. under the user name's avatar / post count) since I joined.

Surprised not all are aware, but as you are new:

I am an older than the most here female German who's English is mainly self-trained, see also my signature.

Some details, in spoilers, to not bore the others that already do know 😉

Spoiler

My first movie I saw in a cinema was Jungle Book (original version) then, my first ticket I bought with self earned money was for Star Wars (now known as Star Wars 4).

Family was strictly against all non 'high-cultural' movies, against genre... hence why had to go myself

Was the sole female in a special technical class (with 41 males) then, worked long as the boss of construction for a big for that area company and so on for ~custom made things / getting things running for big events and such, had a rather unusual life from early on till I got as a mid '30 my now adult son, still experience sometimes atypical situations for reasons, but way more peaceful / less extreme than before, and work now for a school incl teaching media.... plus still do editing and such for older artists.

Build the house to a considerable degree myself excluding raw outside walls and such, love to build furniture as a hobby, love history... since I can think and ....

Former bouncer (they say in my region I was the first)  and motorcyclist,.... who loves cooking, gardening, computer work and such too 😉

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, PKMLover said:

@druv10 can you check if the actuals already come or not?

3 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

Where the hell is @druv10 when you need him

Looks like, it adjusted down for the first time in it's run. Fear not, Avatar WW is going down, no doubt about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I can understand if EG went below estimates this weekend like in a normal way. But it's not. Mathematically and statistically, moving from a 2.6M weekend into 300k weekdays and then 1.3M weekend is super odd. 

I've never looked into that detail, as its not typical, but is it possible that the exchange of the movie versions caused some missed screenings?

I ask bcs, see earlier, I fell like at certain cinemas the screenings increased for next weekend, but some weekdays before that seem to be missing all screenings???

Its possible its bcs weekdays are not running strong enough too based e.g. on how long the movie is and how long its out also, so the weekends might be more suited.

Just a thought.

Can't remember, but beside the one day thing in one cinema for Kingdom of Heaven directors cut and  Avatar's extended I can not for the moment remember another movie that showed a changed version as deep into its first run.

Does data even exists about how that was done for this or that movie especially ww or...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

Do we have a list of countries re-releasing this weekend? 

4 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

Do we have a list of countries re-releasing this weekend? 

Since no one was up to the challenge and using @PKMLover‘s list as a starting point, let’s see:

-India

-Brazil

-Argentina

-Portugal

-Philippines

-Indonesia

Anyone remembers other locations? I think it’s important to note that we know for a fact that Hong Kong, Taiwan, Italy and other countries had the re-release this weekend, and I find it hard to believe that it amounted only $1.29m. I think the theory about showing off bigger numbers next weekend might be accurate after all, and it might even not be Disney’s fault, more like an unreported locations.

Does anyone knows if these locations (plus Italy, Hong Kong and Taiwan) are tracked by Comscore? @Charlie Jatinder? Let’s go full conspiracy theory here, but let’s say that Endgame’s next weekend goes for something absurd, like around or a $4m weekend. While some would scream fudging, the fact that it’s getting re-releases across some important territories might be justified by that. I do still think that something odd happened this weekend, so maybe the biggest story next weekend might be that the re-release OS plus strong performance of the re-release puts Endgame in position to take over the worldwide’s record.

Long time lurker, thought I'd just weigh in after the results of this past weekend. Overall, Endgame is definitely going to pass Avatar, though it will take longer than most expected given the monstrous worldwide opening weekend numbers.

It left it in pretty good shape for the 11th weekend, now merely $15,513,852 away from the goal, and it just had a 4.4 million dollar worldwide weekend with pending countries slated to open for re-release throughout July. Plus the run still has more than two months to go, over Labor Day and into September.

Domestically speaking, weekday and weekend declines will be like 50%, and knowing what Endgame made last week ($2,872,936 weekdays, $3,100,000 estimate) we'll likely see about 3.5 million for all of next week. Then about 2 the whole following week, then 1, then 0.5 at the end of the month, going into August. The entire month of August will give at least another million (which is what Infinity War did) and maybe a bit more in September, too.

So altogether domestic has about 8 million left in the tank, taking us to 856 domestic (from current 847.8) and the remaining total down to 7.5 million, which has to come from overseas.

International is tricky but 7.5 million is quite doable with them having them expanding in different countries on different weeks. Worldwide, excluding domestic, they will make about 1-2 million each entire week of July, plus whatever they get in August, probably less than a million for the whole month. When all's said and done it appears that it'll come to at least 1932. Enough with domestic for it to just barely take the record, probably sometime in August.

It's so close now, it's gonna happen eventually. If it doesn't surprise in July or get it in August and September, I'm betting they will keep it in theatres even into October to trickle things past the finish line, like what happened with Black Panther in reaching that 700 million domestic milestone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jalidi said:

Long time lurker, thought I'd just weigh in after the results of this past weekend. Overall, Endgame is definitely going to pass Avatar, though it will take longer than most expected given the monstrous worldwide opening weekend numbers.

It left it in pretty good shape for the 11th weekend, now merely $15,513,852 away from the goal, and it just had a 4.4 million dollar worldwide weekend with pending countries slated to open for re-release throughout July. Plus the run still has more than two months to go, over Labor Day and into September.

Domestically speaking, weekday and weekend declines will be like 50%, and knowing what Endgame made last week ($2,872,936 weekdays, $3,100,000 estimate) we'll likely see about 3.5 million for all of next week. Then about 2 the whole following week, then 1, then 0.5 at the end of the month, going into August. The entire month of August will give at least another million (which is what Infinity War did) and maybe a bit more in September, too.

So altogether domestic has about 8 million left in the tank, taking us to 856 domestic (from current 847.8) and the remaining total down to 7.5 million, which has to come from overseas.

International is tricky but 7.5 million is quite doable with them having them expanding in different countries on different weeks. Worldwide, excluding domestic, they will make about 1-2 million each entire week of July, plus whatever they get in August, probably less than a million for the whole month. When all's said and done it appears that it'll come to at least 1932. Enough with domestic for it to just barely take the record, probably sometime in August.

It's so close now, it's gonna happen eventually. If it doesn't surprise in July or get it in August and September, I'm betting they will keep it in theatres even into October to trickle things past the finish line, like what happened with Black Panther in reaching that 700 million domestic milestone.

Welcome to BOT!

19 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I can understand if EG went below estimates this weekend like in a normal way. But it's not. Mathematically and statistically, moving from a 2.6M weekend into 300k weekdays and then 1.3M weekend is super odd. 

Why is that super odd?

Domestically EG made 6.1m last weekend, and then added ~2.9m on the weekdays which were boosted by a Canadian Holiday Monday and then 4th of July holiday in the US. The only "normal" weekday last week was Tuesday and even that was probably slightly boosted. Regardless, without those two holidays, a "normal" set of domestic weekdays would have only been around 1.6-1.7m judging from the Tuesday take.

A similar ratio applied to the previous overseas weekend of 2.6M gets you roughly 680k-700k on weekdays overseas. However that's assuming that EG kept all it's screens/theaters overseas. Domestically, EG only lost a minuscule 40 theaters or so. We don't know how well EG kept it's screens overseas, but all you would need are some larger than expected screen/theater losses overseas and that ~700k probably starts dipping into the 500k range. Then if the 1.3m weekend estimate comes in under at say 1.1m then we are right back where we started.

53 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

Why is that super odd?

Domestically EG made 6.1m last weekend, and then added ~2.9m on the weekdays which were boosted by a Canadian Holiday Monday and then 4th of July holiday in the US. The only "normal" weekday last week was Tuesday and even that was probably slightly boosted. Regardless, without those two holidays, a "normal" set of domestic weekdays would have only been around 1.6-1.7m judging from the Tuesday take.

A similar ratio applied to the previous overseas weekend of 2.6M gets you roughly 680k-700k on weekdays overseas. However that's assuming that EG kept all it's screens/theaters overseas. Domestically, EG only lost a minuscule 40 theaters or so. We don't know how well EG kept it's screens overseas, but all you would need are some larger than expected screen/theater losses overseas and that ~700k probably starts dipping into the 500k range. Then if the 1.3m weekend estimate comes in under at say 1.1m then we are right back where we started.

OS weekdays works differently. Sometimes it is equal to the weekend before it. 

• Like 1

Anyway, this is how my tracking notes looking like atm

•‎10th <= Pre-Spider-Man
-weekend (6.1) [+305%] = 841.9
-‎weekdays (2.9) = 844.8

•‎11th (4.7) [-42%] = 849.5 <= Far From Home

12th (3.5) [-23%] = 853 <= Post-Spider-Man

13th (2.5) [-28%] = 855.5 <= The Lion King

=> Final = $858M (2.40x multiplier)

Weekend 10 = $2.765B (+14M)
Weekend 11 = $2.772B (+7M)
Weekend 12 = $2.780B (+8M)
Weekend 13 = $2.785B (+5M)
=> Final = $2.790B

Domestic: 858M
Overseas: 1932M
+ China: 629M
+ OS-China: 1.308B

• Like 1

The OS of the whole last week =1.6mn The OS of the whole week before it =6.8mn (after up 3mn). And after the adjustment, they somehow balanced out.... Is there anyone have a feeling that the actual of last week is higher than 1.6mn? I mean (1.6+6.8)/2 = 4.2