kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Give me some Europe pre-sales numbers. @terrestrial Latin America @salvador-232?

Germany: Cinnemaxx still does no pre-sales it seems (status 9 hours back). Disney tries to get a not typical cut (again).

Beside the info about 105.000 tickets within the starting 24h I have not found any tangibly number for the whole market. CBMs are not a big thing in Germany on general, maybe bcs of that.

Lots of mentions in gamer magazines about the pre-sales in the US. No idea why they are so focused on a non-gamer event also.

In a special ~ source I found that in bigger cities the OV can reach extraordinary high split in comparison to the past. Still not sure if those get added to the German BO or not, I asked once and got contradictory answers.

Selected 2 very big cinemas: seem to have sold for day 1-6 of release (incl midnight) a bit more than 1/2 of the what A IW sold finally for its 6 days into release. That is the most actual count from  today = ~ 10 days before release (its in the night from 23 April to 24 April here)

But those are not to use as a calculation model, a lot of ppl drive for such events to the better cinemas, even a far way (we too), less using the normal cinemas early on = not meant as counting for all, only other splits as usual for the early days.

In those picked special cinemas the preview count in comparison seems to bit above double of A IW.

One bigger website focused on upcoming film releases allows, similar to RT in the past, pre-release ratings. Acc to that some are a bit anti, but the average is still 3.9/5

Could be bcs the pressure Disney uses, the ones that do early ratings (not the majority by far) are usually aware about that

I didn't look up much about pre-sales, not my thing. This I did only check fastly per answering your ping

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

aaarrggh, I lost a part of a sentence whilst recontructiong the post

seem to have sold for day 1-6 of release (incl midnight) a bit more than 1/2 of the what A IW sold finally for its 6 days into release

@Charlie Jatinder @salvador-232

I meant comparable timespan only!!!!

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Give me some Europe pre-sales numbers. @terrestrial Latin America @salvador-232?

:Venom:

I have no numbers just anecdotal evidence but when i bought my ticket for opening day (April 25) in my country, Greece, the biggest multiplex of the country only had some shitty seats for all showings available and that was last Monday with a ton of screens and showings. Mind you that presales aren’t really a big thing here and endgame’s opening day is 3 days before orthodox easter when most people are leaving Athens. In fact I thought that it would open a week after the global opening because of that but it seems to be doing smashing regardless.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2019 at 7:40 PM, Charlie Jatinder said:

You never know. IW did 44mn in India, right. There are many in trade actually pitching 60mn.

I doubt it will be that high. Tax rates have been reduced since IW, which means the ticket rates are lower/similar even after inflation.

IW did 230 crore nett / 295 crore gross.

I would wager endgames does 275-300 crore nett / 325-355 crore gross, which in USD terms is $47-51m.

$50m is a realistic target IMO. $60m translates to something like 350 crore nett.

Just now, Fake said:

I doubt it will be that high. Tax rates have been reduced since IW, which means the ticket rates are lower/similar even after inflation.

IW did 230 crore nett / 295 crore gross.

I would wager endgames does 275-300 crore nett / 325-355 crore gross, which in USD terms is $47-51m.

$50m is a realistic target IMO. $60m translates to something like 350 crore nett.

Even my prediction is $52mn approx, I am talking about people in trade and to be honest I won't be surprised with $60mn.

Regarding ticket prices, rates will be considerably higher than A:IW.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Even my prediction is $52mn approx, I am talking about people in trade and to be honest I won't be surprised with $60mn.

Regarding ticket prices, rates will be considerably higher than A:IW.

Most people in trade are totally ignorant actually. :)

The record I am looking for is $1B OW worldwide.

IW opened with

DOM: 257.7M

China: 200.5M

Russia: 18.2M

For Endgame, the release schedule is practically the same except that China is releasing on OW. Russia is opening the following weekend

My predictions are:

DOM: 275M

CHN: 260M

That adds up to 975M. It needs to find another 25M to hit the $1B mark. If Russia were releasing day-and-date, the record would have been much easier.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fake said:

Most people in trade are totally ignorant actually. :)

They were for A:IW but after events of Baahubali 2, A:IW and Captain Marvel, they are actually overtly optimistic.

Sequels, unlike USA, are known to grow in India more often than not (in fact, it's rare to name the ones which didn't). So everyone thinks this one will pull a Baahubali 2. Not only trade, even people who have thing for boxoffice thinks same. I have atleast 2-3 tweets everyday asking if Endgame will do Baahubali 2 numbers.

Two of my sources

IMG-20190414-112344.jpg

IMG-20190414-112553.jpg

Edited by Charlie Jatinder