kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Well, there went a record i thought would stand for another 10 years.

Congrats to Endgame. I really liked the movie and it was a true crowdpleaser.

Also, obviously im taking a break from my break. Happy to rejoin the forum :) When i read that Endgame surpassed Avatar it clicked with me that i do have an obsession with box office and 1 underperforming Godzilla movie wont change that i fear.

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Also, obviously im taking a break from my break. Happy to rejoin the forum :) When i read that Endgame surpassed Avatar it clicked with me that i do have an obsession with box office and 1 underperforming Godzilla movie wont change that i fear.

Welcome back Brainbug, your obsession with Godzilla is always adorable and on the positive side of things. You are a nice addition to BOT.

18 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

I'm being interviewed for an website about Avengers: Endgame's box office and Marvel's fandom. How or why or wtf I still don't know. But it's going well. 

Congrats! Please link us the interview when it is available.

Edited by Heroicpiglet
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zatt was right said:

I'm being interviewed for an website about Avengers: Endgame's box office and Marvel's fandom. How or why or wtf I still don't know. But it's going well. 

Maybe your countdown on twitter is so great and got their attention.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Maybe your countdown on twitter is so great and got their attention.

Haha thanks. I was barely a part of the #BeatAvatar thing tho. Just from the re-release forward and I didn't even ended it, haha. It was more about making it fun, I don't see how the small social media action there played any part on the record. I was basically temporarily mainstreaming snippets of what we talk here on BOT.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Juby said:

Can someone explain me, how Endgame pass Avatar this weekend? The film was at $1.922B OS till the end of June, $1.9246 after July 7th (+around $2 mln during the whole week, previously it was around $6 mln),  and than $1.934 after another week with $1.5 mln from the weekend? So, Avengers made $10 million between July 8th-14th and $8,5 mln before the weekend?

Bullshit!! Disney add couple of millions to Endgame OS gross from last week to pass Avatar during ComicCon panel. :D

Same way Avatar magically went up the same way. Country totals were finalized and revised upwards.

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, Zatt was right said:

Oh wow! Congrats! :bravo:

so when all is said and done, how much do you think the re-release total till be? It's proven to be extremely successful and that's saying something considering it wasn't even a proper re-release (new scenes, awards run, that sort of thing).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Juby said:

Can someone explain me, how Endgame pass Avatar this weekend? The film was at $1.922B OS till the end of June, $1.9246 after July 7th (+around $2 mln during the whole week, previously it was around $6 mln),  and than $1.934 after another week with $1.5 mln from the weekend? So, Avengers made $10 million between July 8th-14th and $8,5 mln before the weekend?

Bullshit!! Disney add couple of millions to Endgame OS gross from last week to pass Avatar during ComicCon panel. :D

It's pretty clear towards the end of any movie's run the studio stops accurately updating totals cause it's considered minor and only relevant to records/rankings if its close. Avatar's total also went up because Fox stopped updating numbers after grosses became small/negligible. It only mattered now to see who had the record.

During presidential elections, California actually takes like 2 months to count all their votes but no one pays attention because it's always a huge margin.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Oh wow! Congrats! :bravo:

so when all is said and done, how much do you think the re-release total till be? It's proven to be extremely successful and that's saying something considering it wasn't even a proper re-release (new scenes, awards run, that sort of thing).

I think it's getting to $2.8B.

• Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Welcome back champ. You were missed.

20 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

That would have happened easily with a December release.

Or just Infinity War Exchange rates 😛

iirc ER rose 6-7% since IW. China itself would be +35mn.

The basic math gives 2.94 Bn at Infinity War ER.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The basic math gives 2.97 Bn at Infinity War ER.

lol i wonder how much endgame could do in 2009

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The basic math gives 2.94Bn at Infinity War ER.

@titanic2187 this is the curse of ER. How much did the movie-going changed in last year? Just an year difference and with A:IW ER, EG would not only saved this long Chase but also significant lead.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1