kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

There’s not much reason to care about 2.8 after already getting #1 imo, but I think it will get there without a push.

I think that if it got within one or two million I could see a Labor Day expansion or something to get it over. Disney has shown a willingness to push for milestones if they are that close. I do agree it should happen by itself though.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I think that if it got within one or two million I could see a Labor Day expansion or something to get it over. Disney has shown a willingness to push for milestones if they are that close. I do agree it should happen by itself though.

2.8’s just not very milestone-y. My big question is what IMAX will do for end of August. They decide what to do with IMAX screens, and TLK will probably have a very low IMAX PTA by then, so I’ve got to assume that IMAX will either rerelease Aladdin, Endgame, or do som skins of special event (last year they had a similar late August dead period and did an MCU marathon including all 20 movies.

WORLDWIDE GROSSES
#1-100 - #101-200 - #201-300 - #301-400 - #401-500 - #501-600 - #601-700 - #701-784 

Pink highlight = official revisions of older movies
Gold highlight = now playing or recent movies

Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
1 Avengers: Endgame BV $2,790.8 $854.8 30.6% $1,936.1 69.4% 2019
2 Avatar Fox $2,789.7 $760.5 27.3% $2,029.2 72.7% 2009^
3 Titanic Par. $2,187.5 $659.4 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^
4 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $2,068.2 $936.7 45.3% $1,131.6 54.7% 2015
5 Avengers: Infinity War BV $2,048.4 $678.8 33.1% $1,369.5 66.9% 2018
6 Jurassic World Uni. $1,671.7 $652.3 39.0% $1,019.4 61.0% 2015
7 Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,518.8 $623.4 41.0% $895.5 59.0% 2012
8 Furious 7 Uni. $1,516.0 $353.0 23.3% $1,163.0 76.7% 2015
9 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $1,405.4 $459.0 32.7% $946.4 67.3% 2015
10 Black Panther BV $1,346.9 $700.1 52.0% $646.9 48.0%

To help push this thread forward. I looked, not one post with the actual WW top 10!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, druv10 said:

WORLDWIDE GROSSES
#1-100 - #101-200 - #201-300 - #301-400 - #401-500 - #501-600 - #601-700 - #701-784 

Pink highlight = official revisions of older movies
Gold highlight = now playing or recent movies

Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
1 Avengers: Endgame BV $2,790.8 $854.8 30.6% $1,936.1 69.4% 2019
2 Avatar Fox $2,789.7 $760.5 27.3% $2,029.2 72.7% 2009^
3 Titanic Par. $2,187.5 $659.4 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^
4 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $2,068.2 $936.7 45.3% $1,131.6 54.7% 2015
5 Avengers: Infinity War BV $2,048.4 $678.8 33.1% $1,369.5 66.9% 2018
6 Jurassic World Uni. $1,671.7 $652.3 39.0% $1,019.4 61.0% 2015
7 Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,518.8 $623.4 41.0% $895.5 59.0% 2012
8 Furious 7 Uni. $1,516.0 $353.0 23.3% $1,163.0 76.7% 2015
9 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $1,405.4 $459.0 32.7% $946.4 67.3% 2015
10 Black Panther BV $1,346.9 $700.1 52.0% $646.9 48.0%

To help push this thread forward. I looked, not one post with the actual WW top 10!!!!!!!!!!

It's still crazy how Jurassic World is hanging in there in the top 10.

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Speaking of, I happened to wade into some resetera threads about Endgame/Avatar recently. Gosh they were awful. My sympathies to anyone who was over there trying to explain that Endgame had a good chance, especially Zatt.

It's like that place is the negative zone / the upside world when it comes to box office in the internet. People running those threads are not just purely fanboys of the worst kind, far worse than literally any of all the fandoms here, but outrageously uneducated to how box office runs even work.

There are a LOT of good people there, from the high echelon ranks to several insightful, clever and surprisingly knowledgeable box office people there.

Unfortunately, they aren't the ones running the show, and the whole clique behavior that plagued GAF before going full alt-right is there at full force, especially on the box office threads. It's basically ran by moderators and friends, and that wouldn't be bad if they were knowledgeable or at very least promoted civil discussion where people could actually talk about box office. I mean, take a look at this shit

I endured the most  of vitriol and hate online towards me for trying to give some kind of box office perspective that an average user here would have, all I did was to use @Charlie Jatinder projections, to trust @Shawn's analysis and the little I've learned about box office in the seven years that I'm giving this place hell, and they turned me into a legend on there, and pretty much most of people around here could pull that off even better than me. Someone like Jatinder there would either be known as a box office god or ostracized even more than I did. Hell there are some that gratuitously attack him just because I shared his numbers, nevermind the fact that several others did the same thing before I did.

Regardless, I want to say that I saw an @Alexandros post over there disputing that OP that made me fucking proud, and that I do miss some people from there that I'd love to have around. Since we seem to have their attention: ZeoVGM, Yasuke, Deception, Tace, Cuburger, El Bombastico and hell, even Slayven, I miss y'all and if you want to talk box office shit, come hang. I think what I'll miss the most is Slayven's comic book obscure references. It finally happened, I am finally talking about Slayven on another board, haha. The rest I couldn't give a shit.

kutxZJ8.gif

Edited by Zatt was right
  • Thanks 1

I have to say after rewatching the teaser and the trailer, marketing for AEG was just brilliant. Barely any money shots and yet both of them build on where we left off from AIW.  Bravo to them, what amazing trailers!!!

"Whatever it takes", brilliant line and it's fit so well with the movie. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

We just need to attract the Jim gang and other members who hate CBMs and we will achieve our goal:sparta:

People that actually troll there wouldn't survive a minute here. People don't know how good they get from Big Jimbo and JCS around here. Out there is worse.

Edited by Zatt was right

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I have to say after rewatching the teaser and the trailer, marketing for AEG was just brilliant. Barely any money shots and yet both of them build on where we left off from AIW.  Bravo to them, what amazing trailers!!!

"Whatever it takes", brilliant line and it's fit so well with the movie. 

Yeah, both trailers were really good, but this TV spot was just god tier. The only piece of marketing they really needed, and I just noticed that it ticked up to 1.1M likes, which is surreal for non-trailer movie promotional YT vids.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Thanos Legion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, both trailers were really good, but this TV spot was just god tier. The only piece of marketing they really needed, and I just noticed that it ticked up to 1.1M likes, which is surreal for non-trailer movie promotional YT vids.  

It was brilliant, I still remember the first time I saw it.

The music and editing is superb.

8 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

People that actually troll there wouldn't survive a minute here. People don't know how good they get from Big Jimbo and JCS around here. Out there is worse.

Yes, here in BOT you will still find fanboy wars and trolling, but man it's miles better than the shit and crap you see in other sites talking BO, plus this forum is the best in discussing BO and bring numbers, make predictions with members that actually understand how BO works, which is great.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:
  Hide contents

Brilliant indeed, in a nutshell the entire MCU!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:
  Hide contents

Holy shit that was the first time that I saw this! I consciously avoided all the spots and trailers after the Super Bowl, this was awesome. Thank you for that.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

@titanic2187 this is the curse of ER. How much did the movie-going changed in last year? Just an year difference and with A:IW ER, EG would not only saved this long Chase but also significant lead.

I never deny the effect of exchange rate but they are greatly exaggerated, On top of your previous post, if the impact of online streaming or exchange rate is that big especially in the space of blockbuster like many of you proclaimed, why is the ww box office gross rank still dominated by post 2010s movie??   If the hit is that big, the rank should have been skewed towards older film or at least mix.

Out of top 30 film, I can only find 3 movies before 2010s, The rank significantly skewed recent year movies. We can have whatever theory of reasoning but the ends result is what testify the theory. I can't see I can be convinced    

Like in India, EG did 60m+USD and Titanic did only about USD16m +3D gross (not even one third of EG's), but ends up they have the similar level of admission. How much did exchange rate or online streaming save Titanic from this ridiculous ? 

Or in the case of China, Titanic accommodate 18m people with just few hundreds theater in 1998, but EG has 50000+ screens to put its 86m admission. Now tell me doctor, can your exchange rate prevent all that.

Or Germany, Titanic had ATP of EUR 6.6 20 years ago+,  EG s ATP today is EUR 11, Is that a sign of deflation in this Eurozone?

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Speaking of, I happened to wade into some resetera threads about Endgame/Avatar recently. Gosh they were awful. My sympathies to anyone who was over there trying to explain that Endgame had a good chance, especially Zatt.

I was banned for complaining about that thread unedded, uncalled for and distasteful "education primer" :whosad:

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This one is legendary.

I want to contribute another one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

The thought just occurred to me, but honestly what are the odds that two such high-grossing films would end up within $15m of each other? You have to go down to TA/F7 to find such a close margin ($2.8m in that case) and that's at over a $1B lower scale. It really is amazing how close things ended up being, but kudos to Disney for actually doing whatever it took. 

Edited by Jiffy