kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Like in India, EG did 60m+USD and Titanic did only about USD16m +3D gross (not even one third of EG's), but ends up they have the similar level of admission. How much did exchange rate or online streaming save Titanic from this ridiculous ? 

EG did 20mn admissions when top Bollywood films are doing 35-40mn. Titanic did when Top Bollywood films were doing 100mn.

Besides I never claimed EG bigger than Titanic. Titanic is GOAT. Biggest ever.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I never deny the effect of exchange rate but they are greatly exaggerated, On top of your previous post, if the impact of online streaming or exchange rate is that big especially in the space of blockbuster like many of you proclaimed, why is the ww box office gross rank still dominated by post 2010s movie??   If the hit is that big, the rank should have been skewed towards older film or at least mix.

Out of top 30 film, I can only find 3 movies before 2010s, The rank significantly skewed recent year movies. We can have whatever theory of reasoning but the ends result is what testify the theory. I can't see I can be convinced    

Like in India, EG did 60m+USD and Titanic did only about USD16m +3D gross (not even one third of EG's), but ends up they have the similar level of admission. How much did exchange rate or online streaming save Titanic from this ridiculous ? 

Or in the case of China, Titanic accommodate 18m people with just few hundreds theater in 1998, but EG has 50000+ screens to put its 86m admission. Now tell me doctor, can your exchange rate prevent all that.

Or Germany, Titanic had ATP of EUR 6.6 20 years ago+,  EG s ATP today is EUR 11, Is that a sign of deflation in this Eurozone?

Titanic is a monster, everyone know that.

And I think almost Marvel's fan in this forum (and outside) don't have any problem to accept that in very comfortable way, they don't mean or talk anything to go agaisnt Titanic, you dont need to worry. 

They has been mainly talking about Avatar .....

Edited by PKMLover
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I never deny the effect of exchange rate but they are greatly exaggerated, On top of your previous post, if the impact of online streaming or exchange rate is that big especially in the space of blockbuster like many of you proclaimed, why is the ww box office gross rank still dominated by post 2010s movie??   If the hit is that big, the rank should have been skewed towards older film or at least mix.

Out of top 30 film, I can only find 3 movies before 2010s, The rank significantly skewed recent year movies. We can have whatever theory of reasoning but the ends result is what testify the theory. I can't see I can be convinced    

Or in the case of China, Titanic accommodate 18m people with just few hundreds theater in 1998, but EG has 50000+ screens to put its 86m admission. Now tell me doctor, can your exchange rate prevent all that.

Or Germany, Titanic had ATP of EUR 6.6 20 years ago+,  EG s ATP today is EUR 11, Is that a sign of deflation in this Eurozone?

In Titanic case the majority of its admission happened when it was originally release in India. After 3D release it didn't add much. Don't compare Titanic it was altogether in different era. If you have to compare I think 2005 - 2006 would be a good time

52 minutes ago, Nero said:

How do you do that snip thing? Just delete the whole quote and write snip or it automatically happens?

I mark the text or picture or... and type - snip -

Link-picture combis or charts.... can sometimes be tricky, then I try to mark only a word or sentence... outside the chart and click on the quote selection mini ~ box, if there is anything more than the chart there.

Like only mark your that, to not do a full quote

52 minutes ago, Nero said:

that

btw, that works also out of a quote within another ones post, with a normal quote you loose the other ones text

I hope its clear enough described?

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, druv10 said:

Another brilliant video.

I know it’s a tribute video but why did it seems like a shipping fanvid lol.

It’s amazing to see how much connections and parallels Tony and Steve’s journeys have both separately and together. They’re definitely the pillars/cores of MCU and Avengers throughout The Infinity Saga.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, both trailers were really good, but this TV spot was just god tier. The only piece of marketing they really needed, and I just noticed that it ticked up to 1.1M likes, which is surreal for non-trailer movie promotional YT vids.  

Yeah this video is just incredible. I love all the small audio cues from each movie's music theme.

17 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

It's a rare occasion that Endgame did not get extension in China.

I see, thanks. Was it because of the hostilities between Trump and the Chinese government or the Huawei situation? I can't think of any other reason why Endgame wouldn't get that extension.

3 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

I see, thanks. Was it because of the hostilities between Trump and the Chinese government or the Huawei situation? I can't think of any other reason why Endgame wouldn't get that extension.

That's one hypothesis, the other is that Endgame got too close to Wandering Earth in BO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

That's one hypothesis, the other is that Endgame got too close to Wandering Earth in BO

The second reason seems more likely since they were granting extensions to other films during the same time that Endgame was rejected. They probably wanted a local film to be #1 for the year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I mark the text or picture or... and type - snip -

Link-picture combis or charts.... can sometimes be tricky, then I try to mark only a word or sentence... outside the chart and click on the quote selection mini ~ box, if there is anything more than the chart there.

Like only mark your that, to not do a full quote

btw, that works also out of a quote within another ones post, with a normal quote you loose the other ones text

I hope its clear enough described?

I'm sorry but can you post it with screenshots? How do you mark?

If EG couldn't get an extension because of local bias, wouldn't that severely hamper the legs and supposed might of Avatar 2 in China? (Not turn go off-topic, but I find it interesting that there is a supposed cap on how well a movie can do in China if this is accurate).

Edited by GOATPeterJackson