That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Deadpool 2: 1:49. Attachments unknown (probably Predator and Bad Times at the El Royale)

Book Club: 1:37. Attachment is Mission: Impossible.

Show Dogs: 1:25. No attachments.

• Like 2

From BOM:

Warner Bros. and New Line's Life of the Party brought in $700,000 from Thursday previews, which began at 7PM in ~2,900 locations. This result is a bit behind The Boss's $985k in preview grosses, yet $50k ahead of Snatched's $650k last year.

Universal reports Breaking In grossed $615,000 in late night shows in 2,150 theaters. This is a bit behind the $1 million Tyler Perry's Acrimony brought in from previews ahead of its $17.1 million debut.

• Like 2

If Life of the Party follows The Boss:

6.3M (9.05x previews)

7.6M (+20%)

4.5M (-41%)

18.4M Weekend

How I personally see it playing out:

5.6M (8x previews)

6.2M (+10%)

7.4M (+20%)

19.2M Weekend

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I mean these movies probably are stinkers but if you mean "with audiences" as "they star women and black people so there's literally a mass contingent of fucking worthless users who downvote every one of them without seeing it" then sure, stinkers with audiences. 

But they also got bad reviews, so are they reviewers racist or we just want to ignore a movie with a black cast made more than a Star Wars movie because people thought it was a well made and must watch movie:) 

There are haters but if a movie is good, it overcomes the haters. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Sadly, the only one I can find that isn't a comedy is Straight Outta Compton's $4.96 previews.

Well, About Last Night did .53 mill for previews and had a 25 million dollar opening weekend

Infinity War Opened to 71.3 million opening Day in China, heading for a 200 million opening weekend. 

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR scored China's third biggest opening day ever on Friday with est. ¥451.4M ($71.3M) including midnight screenings and with ticketing fees, behind Monster Hunt 2 (¥547M) and Fate of the Furious (¥480M).

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

But they also got bad reviews, so are they reviewers racist or we just want to ignore a movie with a black cast made more than a Star Wars movie because people thought it was a well made and must watch movie:) 

There are haters but if a movie is good, it overcomes the haters. 

Sure, I don't disagree with the critical opinions, but when it comes to audience scores this happens literally every single movie that doesn't star a white dude at this point. I don't know why people even bother looking at it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah that's what I'm working on rn.

Forget it....

Found it at a different url

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

In Canada you’d have no idea Breaking In was even coming out this weekend. At least where I am, it’s not playing anywhere within about 2.5 hours from me

Canada hates black movies.  :kitschjob:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Infinity War Opened to 71.3 million opening Day in China, heading for a 200 million opening weekend. 

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR scored China's third biggest opening day ever on Friday with est. ¥451.4M ($71.3M) including midnight screenings and with ticketing fees, behind Monster Hunt 2 (¥547M) and Fate of the Furious (¥480M).

So it looks like $2b ain't locked any more, maybe TFA can stay #3.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

So it looks like $2b ain't locked any more, maybe TFA can stay #3.

It will do around 650 domestic, around 1 billion outside of China and 350 million in China at the lowest. 

So 2 billion is on target, but yeah a Chinese overperformance to over 400 million is needed or really strong late legs domestically to get to TFA.

Nonetheless the film has done around 400-500 million more than expected WW. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Canada hates black movies.  :kitschjob:

Tbh I have heard that argument a lot lately. Because Europe doesn't do that well for movies like WW and BP and some people blame it on racism. But that not the case, I think the big factor is that US always makes a big deal out of those thing. They speak a lot about how special it is for those factors whilst here in Belgium, France, Germany, it’s more normal. Identity politics aren’t nearly as popular here. Not to say we don’t talk about discrimination and sexism, it just doesn’t dominated. (Although it’s getting worse) And with worse I mean, more extreme on the Identity politics  side but also on the anti-Identity politic side. We are getting more divided as well.