That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Roger Moore Bond movies were the MCU before the MCU, tone wise.

...and he kept bond alive in a decade that bond had no place being there. I mean the seventies were as anti-bond as any period of time could ever be, socially. Under normal conditions bond would have remained a relic of the sixties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iron Man-RDJ will be the only character and actor with 6 Billion movies under his belt.

1 Iron Man

1 Captain America

4 Avengers

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Iron Man-RDJ will be the only character and actor with 6 Billion movies under his belt.

1 Iron Man

1 Captain America

4 Avengers

Presumably will be beaten in not that long by any Avengers main cast member who survives.    

Boseman could easily end up with something like:  

CA3

BP

A3

A4?  

BP2

A5

BP3

A6

appearance in some other solo franchise that passses a billion

A7

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

1 Iron Man

1 Captain America

4 Avengers

In about 7 years Zoe Saldana will likely have in that club:

5 Avatars

2-3 Avengers

1-2 Guardians

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

In about 7 years Zoe Saldana will likely have in that club:

5 Avatars

2-3 Avengers

1-2 Guardians

I hope Infinity War's OS grosses will improve GOTG Vol 3's OS grosses. Was disappointed Vol 2 couldn't crack $500M OS.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I hope Infinity War's OS grosses will improve GOTG Vol 3's OS grosses. Was disappointed Vol 2 couldn't crack $500M OS.

It was a bit odd for a first sequel to a breakout film. Though I'm definitely expecting GotG3 to be much bigger OS because of IW/TA4 and the MCU's popularity in general lately. 

30 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Also Avengers is the biggest Dinsey brand right now with Star Wars, give or take.

Do we know if Avengers related merch is going in a upward trend ? 

I'm guessing there would not be too much Avengers merchandise because there is always so many different movies coming out in the MCU so it might be hard to keep up with all the toys and memorabilia.  Maybe it has an upward trend with digital merchandise.

However, Star Wars merchandise probably pre-sells very quickly and then continuously sells onward.

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Disbelief 1

31 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I'm guessing there would not be too much Avengers merchandise because there is always so many different movies coming out in the MCU so it might be hard to keep up with all the toys and memorabilia.  Maybe it has an upward trend with digital merchandise.

However, Star Wars merchandise probably pre-sells very quickly and then continuously sells onward.

What ? I went to Scotland , Glasgow, for vacation a few weeks ago and the shops were bursting with avengers merch and the same applies to my country too. I almost never see anything Star Wars related , must be a u.s thing.

37 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

What ? I went to Scotland , Glasgow, for vacation a few weeks ago and the shops were bursting with avengers merch and the same applies to my country too. I almost never see anything Star Wars related , must be a u.s thing.

I think a shop would receive a full shipment of Avengers merchandise and put 100% of it all upfront and then order a second shipment for a week later.

I think Star Wars might have to order two full shipments and will probably sell out one shipment real quick and then the other one lasts for over a week to the general public

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think Craig has easily developed the most iconic portrayal of the character since Connery. His movies have been the most successful on the whole since that era of Bond. For many people, myself included, he is James Bond. If this is his sendoff to the character, than yeah I think people will care. Just like they cared more about Logan than the previous X-Men movie. 

Pierce brosnan was better, Craig just had better movies

4 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I think a shop would receive a full shipment of Avengers merchandise and put 100% of it all upfront and then order a second shipment for a week later.

I think Star Wars might have to order two full shipments and will probably sell out one shipment real quick and then the other one lasts for over a week to the general public

Yeah, o.k whatever...

• Like 1

What a weird carreer Martin Campbell had, he saved/rebooted the Bond franchise twice and directed the movie that allowed Ryan Reynolds to have finally, after 47 tries, a decent career in Hollywood.

His latest movie with Pierce Brosnan and Jackie Chan is excellent, check it out (The Foreigner)

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thematrixfilm said:

Weren't toy sales way down for TLJ vs TFA? I don't think Disney's SW films have connected with kids as well as SW films in the past, which is ironic since Disney should have been a perfect fit for that aspect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Weren't toy sales way down for TLJ vs TFA? I don't think Disney's SW films have connected with kids as well as SW films in the past, which is ironic since Disney should have been a perfect fit for that aspect.

the toys still probably sold well though, especially with TLJ being in December.   I would guess Avengers toys sales are greater then TLJ toy sales right now, but it could be close.  I don't know how other toy franchises are going.  Maybe Transformers 6 could compete with Avengers toy sales.  

Someone was saying earlier that they don't think Infinity Wars will hit 2 billion worldwide, I don't see how that's remotely possible. I have been working all day so I haven't checked out the numbers but by my calculations I believe Infinity Wars is at around 1.6 billion right now. It's got at least another hundred million in both China and North America. That would put it at 1.8 billion. I'm pretty sure they can do 200 million after an 80 million weekend in other markets besides China. I know you can't lock it in but it's pretty safe to say that 2 billion is pretty much locked.

I can give you a true parking lot report and that report is that when I last drove by the theater at 11 p.m., it was absolutely rammed. So movies today might even have a better hold then what they are predicting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1