That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

6 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

At some point Star Wars and Avengers will equalize in Presale rush. Maybe post 2019. A4 and Episode 9 could be rather close. 

I highly doubt it will be that soon

27.6/ 191.2 - 6.927

39/ 257.69 - 6.6

vs

57/ 248 -  4.35

45/ 220 - 4.88

29/155 - 5.34

Edited by TalismanRing

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I think at this point IW has had enough weeks that it can make money in the background and be largely unaffected by Deadpool 2/Solo. 

It’s beneficial that one is rated R and the other is a Disney release. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, baumer said:

Someone was saying earlier that they don't think Infinity Wars will hit 2 billion worldwide, I don't see how that's remotely possible. I have been working all day so I haven't checked out the numbers but by my calculations I believe Infinity Wars is at around 1.6 billion right now. It's got at least another hundred million in both China and North America. That would put it at 1.8 billion. I'm pretty sure they can do 200 million after an 80 million weekend in other markets besides China. I know you can't lock it in but it's pretty safe to say that 2 billion is pretty much locked.

I can give you a true parking lot report and that report is that when I last drove by the theater at 11 p.m., it was absolutely rammed. So movies today might even have a better hold then what they are predicting.

I think you're right.  It is 1.606bn right now.  By end of day Wednesday its going to be 1.7b WW or very close.  How could it not crawl its way to 2bn?  It's not even 3 weeks in the theater yet.  To fail to reach 2bn at this point would require an epic collapse, and based on how this movie has performed in every market there's no reason to believe that's going to suddenly happen.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I highly doubt it will be that soon

27.6/ 191.2 - 6.927

39/ 257.69 - 6.6

vs

57/ 248 -  4.35

45/ 220 - 4.88

29/155 - 5.34

Jeeeeeeeez, IW really was crazy backloaded for a film with that level of Thursday business. I’ll be very interested to see if A4’s IM dips below 6.

predicted weekday totals with adjusted weekend estimates too

Infinity War - 63.0 + 16.5 = 565.5

Life of Party - 18.40 + 5.03 = 23.43

Breaking In - 17.27 + 4.19 = 21.46

Overboard - 10.10 + 2.71 = 32.30

A Quiet Place - 6.50 + 2.12 = 171.77

I Feel Pretty - 3.78 + 1.39 = 45.32

Rampage - 3.40 + 1.03 = 90.79

Tully - 2.25 + 0.82 = 7.81

Black Panther - 1.95 + 0.57 = 696.77

Blockers - 1.15 + 0.45 = 58.61

Isle of Dogs - 1.05 + 0.48 = 30.41

Super Troopers - 1.03 + 0.50 = 27.93

Truth or Dare - 0.95 + 0.29 = 40.05

Wrinkle in Time - 0.90 + 0.23 = 96.79

Ready Player One - 0.90 + 0.33 = 134.90

Average time of night for first numbers from @Rthanos this weekend: 9:18   

Current time of night: 9:18   

Remember folks, anything below BP’s 3rd Sunday 20M is a d͈̭̣͕̰̅͘i̺͒̉s̳̱͍͍͂̌ͪ̉s̤̠̯͑ͨͫ͐͞â̛̼̭̰͇̿̍p̵̦͎͍̫̝͔̱o̱̗͔͙̥͕̓̐̈̄̚͘i͇͍͍̹̋ͪ͘ņ̂̃͋̾͒̇̅t̯̥̊͟i͕̘͙͆ͭ͛̋ͯ͛͆͢ͅn͍̙̪͂ͅg̳̜͆̚̚ result.

Edited by Thanos Legion

So I just finished watching my first Grace Randolph movie review on YT and I am so confused. Is she a real person, a puppet or a drag queen persona? I have so many questions.

At least now I understand why she is being parodied here on the BOT forums.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

So I just finished watching my first Grace Randolph movie review on YT and I am so confused. Is she a real person, a puppet or a drag queen persona? I have so many questions.

what movie review did you watch?

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I have honestly NEVER watched a review of hers. I just watch her trailer reactions from time to time and that’s it. I find trailer reactions hilarious, in general, even if they are staged and I watch many of them. There are nerdy YouTube channels much better than hers with way more likeable characters of just about every color,genre and ethnicity.

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Also Avengers is the biggest Dinsey brand right now with Star Wars, give or take.

Do we know if Avengers related merch is going in a upward trend ? 

https://www.thelicensingletter.com/100mil-chart/

In merch avengers was not even in top 5 for disney in 15-16. The difference is so huge, I don't think even with box office money, avengers can be called top brand for disney. Mickey, SW, and princess are far too ahead in that merch money. But in 2018 it most probably will be ahead of SW and pooh to be in top 3.

16 minutes ago, Premium George said:

https://www.thelicensingletter.com/100mil-chart/

In merch avengers was not even in top 5 for disney in 15-16. The difference is so huge, I don't think even with box office money, avengers can be called top brand for disney. Mickey, SW, and princess are far too ahead in that merch money. But in 2018 it most probably will be ahead of SW and pooh to be in top 3.

How does one access this website?

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$18.5 or so looks accurate.  

“Studio estimates pretty much correct” isn’t going to make for a very interesting night. At least I can stop spamming refresh now, so thanks.

22 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Last I recall from 2014 or 2015, Spider-Man merch blows away Avengers, Batman and Superman. Like theres a huuuuuge gap between Spidey and the rest.

Not anymore. Sony fucked it up. It's not even a contest between avengers and it. Even batman beat it in 2016. Of course wb fucked it up too.