That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

But does anyone care? I feel like people are ready to move on from him anyways.

I think Craig has easily developed the most iconic portrayal of the character since Connery. His movies have been the most successful on the whole since that era of Bond. For many people, myself included, he is James Bond. If this is his sendoff to the character, than yeah I think people will care. Just like they cared more about Logan than the previous X-Men movie. 

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Besides Wonder Woman and maybe Bond 25, I don't see a lot of Billion dollar grosser candidates in 2019 besides the Disneys. 

Isnt there a fast and furious next year

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The way Disney has been dominating the blockbuster market post 2015 is beyond ridiculous.

Only Universal was able to compete a bit with their big three Minions-Fast-Jurassic.

And 2019 will be basically Disney fighting with itself with its biggest brands and franchises.

Disney could have 6 1 Billion WW movies with 3 1,5 Billion WW movies ?

Ridonculous.

Besides Wonder Woman and maybe Bond 25, I don't see a lot of Billion dollar grosser candidates in 2019 besides the Disneys. 

Took a look at the slate for 2019, and I think Gambit is an easy shoo-in for 1B.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

But does anyone care? I feel like people are ready to move on from him anyways.

Tom Hiddleston is clearly ready. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It's the Rock and Statham spin off 

Furious 9 is in 2020

Guess we'll get to see how much Vin Diesel matters

Just now, Chewy said:

Guess we'll get to see how much Vin Diesel matters

I am pretty much certain Vin threatened Universal to leave the franchise if the spin off movie has Fast and Furious in the title or even the billboards. 

Just now, The Futurist said:

I am pretty much certain Vin threatened Universal to leave the franchise if the spin off movie has Fast and Furious in the title or even the billboards. 

Universal willing to flush a half bil in #brand $$$ down the toilet to keep Vin happy? :ohmygod:

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think Craig has easily developed the most iconic portrayal of the character since Connery. His movies have been the most successful on the whole since that era of Bond. For many people, myself included, he is James Bond. If this is his sendoff to the character, than yeah I think people will care. Just like they cared more about Logan than the previous X-Men movie. 

Wow, wow, wow. I won’t throw a :wintf:at your post cause I like you but no way is he more iconic than roger Moore and for most, well except the very young ones I guess, bond will always be Connery/Moore . His big hit was skyfall but is it really more successful than something like moonraker ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Wow, wow, wow. I won’t throw a :wintf:at your post cause I like you but no way is he more iconic than roger Moore and for most, well except the very young ones I guess, bond will always be Connery/Moore . His big hit was skyfall but is it really more successful than something like moonraker ?

All of Craig's Bond films were more successful than all of Moore's, except for Moonraker. And Skyfall was more successful than Moonraker. And yes, I'm talking adjusted not just unadjusted. I was too young to watch Bond prior to any of the Craig movies.  So yeah, for the vast majority of teens to 30 year olds, he's  their intro to Bond and likely who they associate the role with. His portrayal has also been the most unanimously lauded since Connery too for what it's worth. Moore always had a more divisive reception, basically a love or hate type of thing. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

:winomg:

Edited by RandomCat