That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

14 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

Actuals put IW OW over $200M, confirmed!

“he made it gif”的图片搜索结果

btw, Avengers 3 / IW is now the first movie to open with $200m/$200m+ in 2 countries (as yesterday they were afraid the est. being too high again)

• Like 12
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

btw, Avengers 3 / IW is now the first movie to open with $200m/$200m+ in 2 countries (as yesterday they were afraid the est. being too high again)

pretty fast out of the gates I got to say

This is how I see Rampage playing out:

Remainder of this week: 1.3M (91.1M Total)

May 18: 1.7M (500k weekdays, 93.3M Total)

May 25: 800k (500k weekdays, 94.6M Total)

Jun 1: 500k (300k weekdays, 95.4M Total)

Jun 8: 500k (300k weekdays, 96.2M Total)

Jun 15: 400k (200k weekdays, 96.8M Total)

Jun 22: 200k (200k weekdays, 97.2M Total)

Jun 29: 200k (200k weekdays, 97.6M Total)

Final Total: 98M (2.74x)

The fudge is going to be REAL when Ocean's 8 opens. It's probably a good thing they haven't announced the Blu-Ray yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Jurassic world 2 has a good chance of achieving that too , two over 200 million openings.

Which two countries?  Are you talking about China and here?  What have I missed in the China forum?  Is JW2 set to explode?  

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Which two countries?  Are you talking about China and here?  What have I missed in the China forum?  Is JW2 set to explode?  

Yes, isn’t it quite big in China anyway ? I could be wrong...

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Avatar opened against the first Sherlock Holmes and Alvin and the chipmonks (sing equivalent).

As mckillswitch said I'm not so sure we're going to see a Disney live action up against it.

Yeah, why would Disney compete with itself? Disney is already gonna make trillions with Avatar bo, merchandise, theme parks ... as Disney does with any other of its franchises (Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar, WDA...). They will all welcome Avatar to the bunch. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Yeah, why would Disney compete with itself? Disney is already gonna make trillions with Avatar bo, merchandise, theme parks ... as Disney does with any other of its franchises (Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar, WDA...). They will all welcome Avatar to the bunch. 

holy shit you have an Avatar now! Congrats. Now we just need Dulap to get one too.

Agreed with your post

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

Only time in recent history I've seen fudging work is WB's attempts to make Wonder Woman the highest grossing superhero origin movie ever. WB capitalized on a crappy August by adding more screens and barely got it past the finish line.

...then a little kitty stripped that title away a few months later.

:hahaha:

What lol. Summer releases always increase for Labor Day. 

As someone already pointed out to you, beating the record by $10m isn’t “barely” over the finish line. It was with complete ease. :) 

27 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Jurassic World was big EVERYWHERE because of nostalgia. Fallen Kingdom doesn't have that luxury. 

And more importantly, Jurassic World had a great hook which is that we finally got to see the park open for business.  Fallen Kingdom looks like just a Lost World reprise, just now with a weaponized dinosaur (so freaking stupid).