That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sure, I don't disagree with the critical opinions, but when it comes to audience scores this happens literally every single movie that doesn't star a white dude at this point. I don't know why people even bother looking at it.

Nah, these scores feel legit. Life of the Party isn't getting dragged down like I Feel Pretty and Red Sparrow did, and Acrimony's score wasn't being effected by trolling.

@baumer

I think the top 5 openers in Canada were?

1. IW

2. TFA

3. TLJ

4. TA

5. Ultron

So yeah in Canada I think BP did not out open Ultron but I am sure it likely beat it in gross I imagine as the movie played strongly for weeks here. 

• Like 1

Canada is not a racist country by and large but we certainly don't have a huge black movie following here.  I think they should try to release films here on the same scale they do in the US.  I find it ludicrous that the Madea films don't go very wide here.  I have to search for a theatre to see them in.

So here's what I think DOM $675m, China $340m (don't see it going below this), OS-china atleast $1.02B It will be at $875m after this weekend. Comming of a $160m week so yeah.

So Dom could even go to $660m and China to $325m, it's still passing that $2B 

Edited by pepsa

I wonder what would consider a win for Life for the Party, I suspect WB/New Line want to crack $20m OW to be on the safe side but with a $30m budget, it doesn't need to gross much to be profitable.

Edited by Jonwo

Just now, JB33 said:

Oh man, we must all be worthless racist fucks!

Amirite @Cmasterclay? #BlackMeansVictim

What in the world? I said people that intentionally downvote movies with non-white leads are worthless, and you come in with this shit?

• Like 4

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

What in the world? I said people that intentionally downvote movies with non-white leads are worthless, and you come in with this shit?

I know what you said. I just thought baumer's tongue in cheek post sounded like you. 

• Haha 1

This likely makes Baumer happy but I always remember Pixar Movies would underperform compared to the rest of the domestic market in Canada like the ratio would be well below 1/10 % (is more around 1/10 to 1/9)

(like if TS3 opens to 115 million, Canada would like in single digits)

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Just now, JB33 said:

I know what you said. I just thought baumer's tongue in cheek post sounded like you. 

Okay.....but what in the world does #BlackMeansVictim have to do with anything? Did you just invent a racist hashtag for these boards?

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

This makes Baumer happy but I always remember Pixar Movies would underperform compared to the rest of the domestic market, like the ratio would be well below 1/10 %

(like if TS3 opens to 115 million, Canada would like in single digits)

Really? That's a shame. I remember all theatres around me being packed to the brim for FINDING DORY two years ago.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Canada is basically America but whiter and colder and more French people and more Tim Hortons

And more friendly, more social (politically) and less populated :P

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1