The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

No, Box Office Theory, 12 Angry Men Is NOT The 5th Greatest Movie Of All Time: Why Idolization Of Angry Masculinity Is Problematic More Than Ever In The Age Of Trump

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Haha 12
  • Disbelief 1

52 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is a series that I myself rank as a single unit (and it was in my Top 10), but if forced to choose, I'm glad BOT is getting these in the right order - FOTR>ROTK>TTT.

And on another note...these movies were made to be enjoyed in their theatrical versions.  In those versions, everything had a purpose and everything just worked.  A few years ago, I made the mistake of watching the extended versions with my spouse and oldest kids (b/c my husband cannot have too much Tolkien), and I actually thought these versions, especially ROTK, actually lost some of their greatness as things got dragged out (or things got wildly changed from the book that didn't make sense)...it's pretty rare for me to not enjoy the "extra" material or at least to find it no better/no worse, so I gotta say that Jackson just hit the perfect cut for the theatrical release for those who do have a limit to how much Tolkien they can handle:)...the man probably deserved 3 Oscars, 1 for each movie, for how well he pulled off these movies...

Saruman's rotk scene really should've been left in the theatrical release tho

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

No, Box Office Theory, 12 Angry Men Is NOT The 5th Greatest Movie Of All Time: Why Idolization Of Angry Masculinity Is Problematic More Than Ever In The Age Of Trump

giphy.gif&key=fe3716259e977dbd824ae339dd

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Alright everyone let’s make sure we get it in the top four next time

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

So I guess this means Breaking Dawn Part 2 made the top three?

Breaking Dawn Part 2 is legitimately one of the worst films I've ever seen in my entire life thus far. It's baffling on a lot of different levels.

9 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Breaking Dawn Part 2 is legitimately one of the worst films I've ever seen in my entire life thus far. It's baffling on a lot of different levels.

It's A phenomenal film. A perfect way to end the series.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1

Over the course of this list we've had 1600+ movies, 246 of them have been revealed to you.  While everything else has been fairly close together prior to this, these four movies decisively earned each of their spots.  How will these last four rank?

2018-ncaa-tournament-logo-mensjpg-95bb38

Edited by Auteur Panda
  • Like 3