The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Literally this post receives 9 likes and when JCS says the same thing 1 hour ago he receives shit?!!

Anyway let's move on right...

I have my own theories as to why my posts are singled out over others making similar remarks, or with similar intents. I suspect bigotry is at play, but prefer to let my words do the talking. I care not the content of a persons character or the (perhaps hateful) beliefs that they hold, instead I just take their comments as honest and singular as they are presented. 

To do otherwise would cause me more distress than I think any online forum should allow anyone. I do thank you deeply for your defense of my point though @FantasticBeasts and @TwoMisfits for inspiring me to write out my own thoughts on why it is that Titanic still resonates so deeply with people. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Literally this post receives 9 likes and when JCS says the same thing 1 hour ago he receives shit?!!

Anyway let's move on right...

Actually, I noticed that and disagree with it. It also wasn’t accompanied by a description of the supposed group of online males who don’t like Titanic. But I liked the post because I share the sentiments of how the movie made me feel. 

5 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

No one is arguing this, or has even stated this. What are you reading? 

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

In a way those of us that can truly appreciate Titanic should pity those that lack that same capacity. 

Not only did you but you did it in a derogatory (happy with the spelling?) manner.

"ohhh pity those pooooor CBM lovin' teens that have never experienced true love and therefore lack the capacity to cry during titanic like Jim."

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

@JamesCameronScholar 

That bolded place is one place where I read it. Maybe you should read the posts?

I guess that's headed towards me since it's my post.

It was a misuse of words. I made it very clear after that post though that this wasn't what I was thinking.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

just sitting here hoping Raiders finally tops the list

But have you ever run away from a giant boulder? How could you possibly connect to Indiana Jones on any level?

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

MAMMA-MIA-main-edited.jpg

Number 1

Mamma Mia! (2008)

Universal, Directed by Phyllida Lloyd (503 Points, 55 Votes)

MV5BMTA2MDU0MjM0MzReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDYw

"Mamma mia, here I go again!"

Top 1 Placements: 6

Top 5 Placements: 10

Top 10 Placements: 4

Top 25 Placements: 15

Previous Rankings: 2016, (Unranked), 2014 (Unranked), 2013 (Unranked), 2012 (Unranked)

Awards Count: Nominated for 2 Golden Globes

Tomatometer: 54% (5.5 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 144.1m (183.9m Adjusted)

Synopsis: The story of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the popular 1970s group ABBA.

Critic Opinion: "A lot of fun." -Richard Roeper

User Opinions: "Loved it. One of my favourite FilmsA+++++" - @Films

"It's a huge guilty pleasure, and I enjoy the music. :)The Lay All Your Love On Me scene is gloriously corny." - @Hunt for the Wilderpasta

Commentary: Mamma Mia! is the greatest film ever made.  Why is this up for debate?

Decade Count: 90s (26), 10s (15), '00s (15), 80s (13), 70s (9), 60s (6), 50s (4), 40s (3), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (72), 80%-90% (13), 70%-80% (3), 50-60% (1)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (3), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (3), 600m (2), 500m (4), 400m (10), 300m (9), 200m (14), 100m (17), Under 100m (25)

Director Count: Steven Spielberg (6), James Cameron (4), Alfred Hitchcock (3), Ridley Scott (3), Martin Scorsese (3), Damien Chazelle (2), Francis Ford Copolla (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), John Lasseter (2), Sergio Leone (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Hayao Miyazaki (2), Christopher Nolan (2), Andrew Stanton (2), Quentin Tarantino (2), Lee Unkrich (2), Robert Zemeckis (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Roger Allers (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Michael Curtiz (1), Jonathan Demme (1), Stanley Donen (1), Frank Darabont (1), Pete Docter (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Peter Jackson (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), George Miller (1), Rob Minkoff (1), John Musker (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Isao Takahata (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1), Wachowskis (1), Phyllida Lloyd (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (13), Pixar (7), Steven Spielberg (6), James Cameron (4), Star Wars (3), Toy Story (3), Alien and Predator (3), Studio Ghibli (3), WDAS (3), Dead Wife Cinematic Universe/Nolan (2), Marvel (2), Terminator (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1), Nemo (1), The Godfather (1), Dollars (1), Hannibal (1), Mad Max (1), Jurassic Park (1), Jaws (1), Back to the Future (1), Matrix (1), Middle Earth (1), Mamma Mia! (1)

Genre Count: Drama (35), Adventure (31), VFX Driven (29), Thriller (24), Sci-Fi (24), Fantasy (22), Comedy (22), Epic (21), Action (20), Family/Children (17), Period Piece (17), Novel Adaption (17), Romance (16), Crime/Noir (14), Sequel (14), Animation (13), Horror (12), War (12), Indie (11), Tragedy (11), Musical (8), Foreign Language (6), Cult Classic (6), Romantic Comedy (6), Western (5), Melodrama (4), Spy/Detective (4), Bio-Pic (4), Christmas (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

Mamma-Mia-The-Movie-Gallery-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Disbelief 2

2 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Not only did you but you did it in a derogatory (happy with the spelling?) manner.

"ohhh pity those pooooor CBM lovin' teens that have never experienced true love and therefore lack the capacity to cry during titanic like Jim."

The crux of this point would fall on the definition of 'truly' that is being used. I'm happy to defend my own position of the deflationary theory of truth, but the last time I went down this road people got mad at me for trying to 'sound philosophical'. 

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

But have you ever run away from a giant boulder? How could you possibly connect to Indiana Jones on any level?

You can't possibly know the horror of being trapped in a tomb with venomous snakes, unless you've actually be trapped in a tomb with venomous snakes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

MAMMA-MIA-main-edited.jpg

Number 1

Mamma Mia! (2008)

Universal, Directed by Phyllida Lloyd (503 Points, 55 Votes)

MV5BMTA2MDU0MjM0MzReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDYw

"Mamma mia, here I go again!"

Top 1 Placements: 6

Top 5 Placements: 10

Top 10 Placements: 4

Top 25 Placements: 15

Previous Rankings: 2016, (Unranked), 2014 (Unranked), 2013 (Unranked), 2012 (Unranked)

Awards Count: Nominated for 2 Golden Globes

Tomatometer: 54% (5.5 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 144.1m (183.9m Adjusted)

Synopsis: The story of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the popular 1970s group ABBA.

Critic Opinion: "A lot of fun." -Richard Roeper

User Opinions: "Loved it. One of my favourite FilmsA+++++" - @Films

"It's a huge guilty pleasure, and I enjoy the music. :)The Lay All Your Love On Me scene is gloriously corny." - @Hunt for the Wilderpasta

Commentary: Mamma Mia! is the greatest film ever made.  Why is this up for debate?

Decade Count: 90s (26), 10s (15), '00s (15), 80s (13), 70s (9), 60s (6), 50s (4), 40s (3), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (72), 80%-90% (13), 70%-80% (3), 50-60% (1)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (3), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (3), 600m (2), 500m (4), 400m (10), 300m (9), 200m (14), 100m (17), Under 100m (25)

Director Count: Steven Spielberg (6), James Cameron (4), Alfred Hitchcock (3), Ridley Scott (3), Martin Scorsese (3), Damien Chazelle (2), Francis Ford Copolla (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), John Lasseter (2), Sergio Leone (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Hayao Miyazaki (2), Christopher Nolan (2), Andrew Stanton (2), Quentin Tarantino (2), Lee Unkrich (2), Robert Zemeckis (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Roger Allers (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Michael Curtiz (1), Jonathan Demme (1), Stanley Donen (1), Frank Darabont (1), Pete Docter (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Peter Jackson (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), George Miller (1), Rob Minkoff (1), John Musker (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Isao Takahata (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1), Wachowskis (1), Phyllida Lloyd (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (13), Pixar (7), Steven Spielberg (6), James Cameron (4), Star Wars (3), Toy Story (3), Alien and Predator (3), Studio Ghibli (3), WDAS (3), Dead Wife Cinematic Universe/Nolan (2), Marvel (2), Terminator (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1), Nemo (1), The Godfather (1), Dollars (1), Hannibal (1), Mad Max (1), Jurassic Park (1), Jaws (1), Back to the Future (1), Matrix (1), Middle Earth (1), Mamma Mia! (1)

Genre Count: Drama (35), Adventure (31), VFX Driven (29), Thriller (24), Sci-Fi (24), Fantasy (22), Comedy (22), Epic (21), Action (20), Family/Children (17), Period Piece (17), Novel Adaption (17), Romance (16), Crime/Noir (14), Sequel (14), Animation (13), Horror (12), War (12), Indie (11), Tragedy (11), Musical (8), Foreign Language (6), Cult Classic (6), Romantic Comedy (6), Western (5), Melodrama (4), Spy/Detective (4), Bio-Pic (4), Christmas (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

Mamma-Mia-The-Movie-Gallery-1.jpg

It was on my list I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ever since Deadpool 2, I have been listening to Celine Dion.  A lot.  My Heart Will Go On is a great song. We should do that next. Best songs from movies. 

9 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I have my own theories as to why my posts are singled out over others making similar remarks, or with similar intents. I suspect bigotry is at play, but prefer to let my words do the talking. I care not the content of a persons character or the (perhaps hateful) beliefs that they hold, instead I just take their comments as honest and singular as they are presented. 

To do otherwise would cause me more distress than I think any online forum should allow anyone. I do thank you deeply for your defense of my point though @FantasticBeasts and @TwoMisfits for inspiring me to write out my own thoughts on why it is that Titanic still resonates so deeply with people. 

Bigotry? Why do people throw around all these words like they mean nothing.  You aren’t helping yourself or anyone with demeaning the status of the word. This usage of the word makes that when people complain about real bigotry they get laughed at in their face and ridiculed go through hell cause people just casually use it to get their way. This is very personal and really makes me boil inside.  

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Ever since Deadpool 2, I have been listening to Celine Dion.  A lot.  My Heart Will Go On is a great song. We should do that next. Best songs from movies. 

BOT already did a Top 100 movie songs list. That was two years ago though, so it's probably time for an update. If I made a new list, My Heart Will Go On will definitely be on it. Love that song. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

Bigotry? Why do people throw around all these words like they mean nothing.  You aren’t helping yourself or anyone with demeaning the status of the word. This usage of the word makes that when people complain about real bigotry they get laughed at in their face and ridiculed go through hell cause people just casually use it to get their way. This is very personal and really makes me boil inside.  

Sounds like you're showing bigotry to those that don't adhere to the same use of the word as you. 

You might enjoy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance