The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

So is it a general consensus over here that Inception is Nolan's best film??

Memento, The Prestige and Dunkirk are all better.

The Dark Knight gets higher but it's 2nd yeah... I don't rate inception that highly but it was a great watch

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO POST A TABLE?

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The Dark Knight gets higher but it's 2nd yeah... I don't rate inception that highly but it was a great watch

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO POST A TABLE?

Use Microsoft Edge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

So is it a general consensus over here that Inception is Nolan's best film??

Memento, The Prestige and Dunkirk are all better.

Memento :ohmygod:

The Prestige :WHATanabe:

Dunkirk :gold:

For once, I'm going to agree with Baumer about something. Why in the hell is Nemo so high? It's like bottom tier Pixar, just above the Cars movies. How anyone puts this shit above any of the Toy Storys or Incredibles, or even Wall-E is beyond fucking me.

You all make me sick.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

For once, I'm going to agree with Baumer about something. Why in the hell is Nemo so high? It's like bottom tier Pixar, just above the Cars movies. How anyone puts this shit above any of the Toy Storys or Incredibles, or even Wall-E is beyond fucking me.

You all make me sick.

:hahaha:

This made me laugh so hard.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

You all make me sick.

Well, i for one really dont get why anyone likes Toy Story. I find them to be...not bad, but just boring. I didnt grow up with them so theres no nostalgia bonus i shoud add.

I love Wall-E, Incredibles and especially Inside Out though. Nemo is also fantastic, but that one definetly has a nostalgia bonus. Its a wonderfull adventure, has some really memorable characters and is just heartwarming. Cant say that for Toy Story personally. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Well, i for one really dont get why anyone likes Toy Story. I find them to be...not bad, but just boring. I didnt grow up with them so theres no nostalgia bonus i shoud add.

I love Wall-E, Incredibles and especially Inside Out though. Nemo is also fantastic, but that one definetly has a nostalgia bonus. Its a wonderfull adventure, has some really memorable characters and is just heartwarming. Cant say that for Toy Story personally. 

Of course my post was meant to be over the top, and I do think quite highly of Pixar as a studio. But frankly, Nemo isn't their best. It's good, still very good, but just about every theme it explores they did better elsewhere, so there isn't much to make it stand out besides being a fun adventure, and frankly, Incredibles is more fun.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

You all make me sick.

tumblr_nimk8a4sij1skru9ro1_500.gif

• Like 1

My thoughts on the movies from 2016 that haven't made it yet:

100. The Big Lebowski: THIS HAS TO BE ON HERE FFS; IT WAS MY #1

99. No Country For Old Men: This probably isn't making it unfortunately

98. Magnolia: Not happening after TWBB dropped so much

95. Ghostbusters: Probably not happening. tbh the buzz around GB 2016 might have gotten it on the list last time

92. Civil War: lol nope

91. Raging Bull: Knowing BOT, this won't appear

87. North by Northwest: Same deal

86. Spider-Man 2: :sadno: 

83. Saving Private Ryan: I think this will appear

72. Dr. Strangelove: Probably not appearing

71. Guardians of the Galaxy: Not happening

68. The Avengers: I could've sworn this was higher :thinking: I also doubt it shows up

67. Up: If it hasn't shown up (heh) yet, I doubt it's on here

62. Spirited Away: Maaaaaaaaaaaybe?

60. Batman Begins: Another Maaaaaaaaaybe? Nolan's influence seems to be weaker this time

58. The Silence of the Lambs: Almost definitely increasing. If you morons didn't vote for this........

52. Ratatouille: If it shows up, it'll be within the next few positions, which I think is the case

45. Alien: This is going to challenge the top 10 after how much Aliens increased

40. Inside Out: This is going to be the highest animated movie on the list

36. The Lion King: It'll be here soon

35. Jurassic Park: Same

28. Titanic: Jimbo probably got this close to the top 10 after working his magic on other Cameron films

25. Terminator 2: I expect this to remain around the same spot

24. Fury Road: Same deal given how far into the list we are

23. The Good the Bad and the Ugly: Knowing BOT, this might not make it, but we'll see

22. Inception: I think this is the movie Panda is hinting at missing the list

Everything else is bound to show up in some capacity IMO.

TLDR: I expect The Big Lebowski, Saving Private Ryan, Silence of the Lambs, Ratatouille, Alien, Inside Out, and most of the other movies between 20-40 to appear with Inception missing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

62. Spirited Away: Maaaaaaaaaaaybe?

58. The Silence of the Lambs: Almost definitely increasing. If you morons didn't vote for this........

40. Inside Out: This is going to be the highest animated movie on the list

36. The Lion King: It'll be here soon

22. Inception: I think this is the movie Panda is hinting at missing the list

I think these will all be on the list. Spirited Away is the greatest animated movie so I hope that maybe turns into a definitely. Inception isn’t missing this list. It’s the best Nolan movie. 

• Like 2