The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

1 hour ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

star_wars_saga___banner_by_andrewss7-d4h

Number 34

Return of the Jedi (1983)

Lucasfilms, Directed by Richard Marquand (80 Points, 15 Votes)

600full-star-wars-episode-vi-return-of-t

"Father, you can't do this. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate."

Top 5 Placements: 2

Top 10 Placements: 5

Top 25 Placements: 10

Previous Rankings: 2016 (55, +21), 2014 (27, -7), 2013 (43, +9), 2012 (32, -2)

Awards Count: Nominated for 4 Oscars

Tomatometer: 80% (7.2 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 252.6m (741.8m Adjusted)

Synopsis: After a daring mission to rescue Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt, the rebels dispatch to Endor to destroy a more powerful Death Star. Meanwhile, Luke struggles to help Vader back from the dark side without falling into the Emperor's trap.

Critic Opinion: "The Jedi return to us at last, older, wiser and frankly irresistible. Of all its many qualities, "Return of the Jedi" (at selected theaters) is fully satisfying, it gives honest value to all the hopes of its believers.  With this last of the central "Star Wars" cycle, there is the sense of the closing of a circle, of leaving behind real friends. It is accomplished with a weight and a new maturity that seem entirely fitting, yet the movie has lost none of its sense of fun; it bursts with new inventiveness. With "Jedi," George Lucas may have pulled off the first triple crown of motion pictures. 

While we press on with the business of Jedi knighthood and Rebel battles, with the question of Luke Skywalker's parentage and with Luke's confrontation of his own dark side and his attempt to master it, director Richard Marquand ("Eye of the Needle") and writer Lawrence Kasdan ("Raiders of the Lost Ark"), who shares screenplay credit with Lucas, see to it that the screen is full to the gunwales with the galaxy's best inventions yet." - Rena Andrews

User Opinion: "The moment Luke enters Jabba's palace you like HE"S A JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shfsdhfksdhfsdfususg One of my favorite movie moments ever!

Its flawed no doubt but its a perfect ending to the Star Wars saga. When that john Williams score kicks in and we see Vader burning in the fire I always want to cry. I can go on and on but I don't want to sit here and type for 12 hours so Im done."  - @Jay Hollywood

"My second favorite movie of all time (behind Empire) and much better than ANH in my opinion."  - @Kalo

Commentary: The installment of the Star Wars series that began the trend of non-stop polarizing entries, well technically Empire was also extremely polarizing upon release but I'll overlook that as it hasn't remained that way.  Every Star Wars fan loves something different about Star Wars, and so there are always vast disagreements on not only which movies are the best, but on which movies are even good (or in some silly cases 'legitimate', as if they're not all cannon).  Return of the Jedi is definitely beloved by a large portion of the fanbase, with many even finding it as one of their favorites.  Luckily for me, I'm a fan who pretty much loves all of them (with the exception of TPM and AOTC, which I'm actually slowly warming up to overtime so shrug), so I can say Return of the Jedi an epic and emotional ending to the Original Trilogy with some adorable and badass Ewok sidekicks.

Decade Count: 90s (14), 10s (12), 80s (12), '00s (11), 70s (6), 60s (5), 50s (4), 40s (2), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (53), 80%-90% (12), 70%-80% (2)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (2), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (1), 600m (1), 500m (1), 400m (7), 300m (6), 200m (9), 100m (13), Under 100m (22)

Director Count: Alfred Hitchcock (3), James Cameron (3), Damien Chazelle (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Martin Scorsese (2), Ridley Scott (2), Steven Spielberg (2), Lee Unkrich (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Francis Ford Copolla (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Stanley Donen (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), John Lasseter (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Sergio Leone (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), Hayao Miyazaki (1), John Musker (1), Christopher Nolan (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Andrew Stanton (1), Isao Takahata (1), Quentin Tarantino (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (7), Pixar (4), James Cameron (3), Star Wars (3), Marvel (2), Toy Story (2), Studio Ghibli (2), WDAS (2), Alien and Predator (2), Steven Spielberg (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Terminator (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1)

Genre Count: Drama (22), Adventure (22), VFX Driven (19), Sci-Fi (17), Thriller (16), Fantasy (16), Action (15), Comedy (14), Epic (13), Family/Children (12), Romance (11), Period Piece (10), Novel Adaption (9), Crime/Noir (9), Sequel (9), Indie (8), War (8), Animation (8), Tragedy (7), Horror (7), Musical (6), Cult Classic (5), Foreign Language (5), Western (4), Christmas (3), Melodrama (3), Spy/Detective (3), Romantic Comedy (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Bio-Pic (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

maxresdefault.jpg

I dint understand why people are shocked that people like this movie.

It is flawed but it has some of the best moments in all of star wars such as the throne scene.

The internet contains many people who dislike this movie but over 35 years latter this movie has remained very widely watched and loved by star wars fans.

I also think of the ot it is also the most accessible to casual audiences due to the updated effects.

• Like 3

Rewatching a bunch of movies on the list that I haven't seen, or haven't seen in ages.  Watched Singing In The Rain twice in a night.  Trudged my way through Lawrence of Arabia over three days.  Now onto Once Upon A Time In The West. 

• Like 2

toy-story-536ab2a23f5d4.jpg

Number 33

Toy Story (1995)

Pixar Animation Studios, Directed by John Lasseter (80 Points, 20 Votes)

49b0d9879ceb62b33b65fd4d038b6c18.jpg

"To infinity and beyond!"

Top 5 Placements: 1

Top 10 Placements: 2

Top 25 Placements: 6

Previous Rankings: 2016 (37, +4), 2014 (23, -10), 2013 (32, -1), 2012 (34, +1)

Awards Count: Nominated for 3 Oscars

Tomatometer: 100% (9.0 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 191.8m (401.8m Adjusted)

Synopsis: A cowboy doll is profoundly threatened and jealous when a new spaceman figure supplants him as top toy in a boy's room.

Critic Opinion: ""Toy Story" creates a universe out of a couple of kid's bedrooms, a gas station, and a stretch of suburban highway. Its heroes are toys, which come to life when nobody is watching. Its conflict is between an old-fashioned cowboy who has always been a little boy's favorite toy, and the new space ranger who may replace him. The villain is the mean kid next door who takes toys apart and puts them back together again in macabre combinations. And the result is a visionary roller-coaster ride of a movie.

For the kids in the audience, a movie like this will work because it tells a fun story, contains a lot of humor, and is exciting to watch. Older viewers may be even more absorbed, because "Toy Story," the first feature made entirely by computer, achieves a three-dimensional reality and freedom of movement that is liberating and new. The more you know about how the movie was made, the more you respect it."  - Roger Ebert

User Opinions: "This movie holds a huge spot in my childhood. I actually watched the VHS to this so many times it broke and we had to buy another. I had several Woody and Buzz toys, and I think I probably had most characters in the movie at one point. :PToy Story is a simple buddy film told with so much heart and wit, and the relationship and development of Woody/Buzz really make that something special. I think what helps make them so great is how incredibly realistic their feelings/personalities are. Woody's sense of jealousy and fear of being replaced, to Buzz's initial pride. With that, Pixar crafted the two most believable/ relatable animated characters ever, and it was just made better by Hanks and Allen's great performances.Best animated movie ever. To infinity and beyond/5 stars."  - @Mango

"Yeah, this is one that has stood the test of time and even though the animation has made major advancements, this one still looks pretty damn good."  - @TheMovieman

Commentary: The Toy Story Trilogy makes a complete showing on this list with the entry that started it all and helped Pixar take off to the heights that it has now.  While other Pixar movies have better perfected the CGI style of animation, while others have had a stronger heart, and other have had more innovative and carefully thought out storylines, none of them have been as revolutionary as Toy Story was.  Toy Story, for better or for worse, is the reason we no longer have the painted and hand-drawn animation style in the mainstream, as it's what really helped the CGI style take off.  Beyond the technology, the movie has heart, a funny script, and it's overall a tight and well put together film.  The movie was on 33% of the lists submitted.

Decade Count: 90s (15), 10s (12), 80s (12), '00s (11), 70s (6), 60s (5), 50s (4), 40s (2), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (54), 80%-90% (12), 70%-80% (2)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (2), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (1), 600m (1), 500m (1), 400m (8), 300m (6), 200m (9), 100m (13), Under 100m (22)

Director Count: Alfred Hitchcock (3), James Cameron (3), Damien Chazelle (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), John Lasseter (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Martin Scorsese (2), Ridley Scott (2), Steven Spielberg (2), Lee Unkrich (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Francis Ford Copolla (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Stanley Donen (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Sergio Leone (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), Hayao Miyazaki (1), John Musker (1), Christopher Nolan (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Andrew Stanton (1), Isao Takahata (1), Quentin Tarantino (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (7), Pixar (5), James Cameron (3), Star Wars (3), Toy Story (3), Marvel (2), Studio Ghibli (2), WDAS (2), Alien and Predator (2), Steven Spielberg (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Terminator (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1)

Genre Count: Drama (22), Adventure (22), VFX Driven (20), Sci-Fi (17), Fantasy (17), Thriller (16), Action (15), Comedy (15), Epic (13), Family/Children (13), Romance (11), Period Piece (10), Novel Adaption (9), Crime/Noir (9), Sequel (9), Animation (9), Indie (8), War (8), Tragedy (7), Horror (7), Musical (6), Cult Classic (5), Foreign Language (5), Western (4), Christmas (3), Melodrama (3), Spy/Detective (3), Romantic Comedy (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Bio-Pic (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

toy-story-flying.jpg

• Like 18
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

E.T. is one of the best theatre experiences I've ever had.  When I saw the 20th anniversary rerelease in 2002,it tuned me into a 12 year old boy again.  All the emotions, all the love, all the memories it invoked on me.  I love ET more than words can say.  It was number two on my list.

Jedi didn't make my top 100 but it probably should.  I love everything about that movie too.

• Like 3

forrestgump-portal-banner.jpg

Number 32

Forrest Gump (1994)

Paramount Pictures, Directed by Robert Zemeckis (83 Points, 17 Votes)

Forrest-Gump-Poster-forrest-gump-2565623

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Number 1 Placement: 1

Top 5 Placements: 3

Top 25 Placements: 7

Previous Rankings: 2016 (13, -19), 2014 (39, +7), 2013 (23, -9), 2012 (15, -17)

Awards Count: Won 6 Oscars, Including Best Picture

Tomatometer: 72% (7.2 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 329.7m (719.5m Adjusted)

Synopsis: The presidencies of Kennedy and Johnson, Vietnam, Watergate, and other history unfold through the perspective of an Alabama man with an IQ of 75.

Critic Opinion: ""Forrest Gump," the magnificent new film that Robert Zemeckis has made from Eric Roth's screenplay and Winston Groom's novel, is deceptive, too. What looks at first like a bright, bouncy and sentimental trip through the baby-boom era (the film moves from 1943 to 1983) turns out, on closer inspection, to be a dark and driven work, haunted by violence, cruelty and a sense of the tragically absurd.

The movie is bracketed by scenes set in the idyllic, imaginary small town of Greenbow, Ala., site of the boardinghouse where Forrest grows up (he is played as a boy by Michael Humphreys, and his mother by Sally Field) and to which he returns for the film's autumnal ending.  These final passages find Zemeckis harvesting the themes and images he has carefully planted; the effect is quietly devastating, deftly underplayed. There's a delicacy here that the big broad Zemeckis has never attempted before - a great film maker, he keeps getting better."  -Dave Kehr

User Opinions: "Finally got round to watching this, what an absolutely amazing and fantastic film with a beauitful script and score. The acting is incredible- especially Tom Hanks and Robin Wright ànd there are just so many beauitful scenes in this movie :wub: "  - @Films

"This movie gives you so much.

It has everything you want to see, memorable characters, spectacle, heart, humor, emotion, it is really a rollercoaster.

Hanks as Gump is for the Ages, but the cast does a stellar job.

And the end crushes me everytime, when he asks if his kid is normal, I am a mess and I cry like an 8 yo girl.

Fantastic score from Silvestri.

Fantastic directing from Zemeckis as usual, he understands every scene and they all have an impact."  - @The Futurist

Commentary: An American classic that managed to tap into a pop-culture zeitgeist with a pretty jaw-dropping domestic gross when you realize this movie has neither superheroes, lightsabers, aliens, dinosaurs, epic battle sequences or musical numbers.  In fact, you'd have to go back to a films like Gone With the Wind to see dramas that managed to pull these kind of domestic grosses, what a run Forrest had.  Beyond the box office, Forrest Gump taps into the sappy sentimental, as well as comedic nature of Zemeckis, with perhaps one of his most tame and intimate films, despite it going a little ludicrous in places.  It's a unique perspective, and a film that's hard not to love, even if the cheese can sometimes be a bit on the nose.  The movie was on 28% of the lists submitted and had an average score of 4.9 from the users who placed it on their lists.

Decade Count: 90s (16), 10s (12), 80s (12), '00s (11), 70s (6), 60s (5), 50s (4), 40s (2), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (54), 80%-90% (12), 70%-80% (3)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (2), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (2), 600m (1), 500m (1), 400m (8), 300m (6), 200m (9), 100m (13), Under 100m (22)

Director Count: Alfred Hitchcock (3), James Cameron (3), Damien Chazelle (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), John Lasseter (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Martin Scorsese (2), Ridley Scott (2), Steven Spielberg (2), Lee Unkrich (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Francis Ford Copolla (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Stanley Donen (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Sergio Leone (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), Hayao Miyazaki (1), John Musker (1), Christopher Nolan (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Andrew Stanton (1), Isao Takahata (1), Quentin Tarantino (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1), Robert Zemeckis (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (8), Pixar (5), James Cameron (3), Star Wars (3), Toy Story (3), Marvel (2), Studio Ghibli (2), WDAS (2), Alien and Predator (2), Steven Spielberg (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Terminator (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1)

Genre Count: Drama (23), Adventure (22), VFX Driven (20), Sci-Fi (17), Fantasy (17), Thriller (16), Comedy (16), Action (15), Epic (14), Family/Children (13), Romance (12), Period Piece (11), Novel Adaption (9), Crime/Noir (9), Sequel (9), Animation (9), Indie (8), War (8), Tragedy (8), Horror (7), Musical (6), Cult Classic (5), Foreign Language (5), Western (4), Melodrama (4), Romantic Comedy (4), Christmas (3), Spy/Detective (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Bio-Pic (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

tumblr_nkkah27SD11qetb0ho1_1280.jpg

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

The trifecta of best picture worthy films of 1994 were all terrific imo.  Shawshank and Pulp were just as good as Gump, and Gump was just as good as those two....imo.  Gump has everything you could want in a film including one of the best ensemble performances of the 90's.  I simply this film.  

• Like 2

Forrest Gump is one of my favorite films ever. I must have seen that film at least twenty times as a kid. It never gets old for me. The story and characters, especially Gump himself, are so absorbing. 

• Like 2

Finding-Nemo-banner.jpg

Number 31

Finding Nemo (2003)

Pixar Animation Studios, Directed by Andrew Stanton (83 Points, 22 Votes)

finding-nemo-movie-poster-2003-102043005

"Just keep swimming!"

Top 5 Placements: 2

Top 10 Placements: 3

Top 25 Placements: 8

Previous Rankings: 2016 (26, -5), 2014 (36, +5), 2013 (73, +42), 2012 (57, +26)

Awards Count: Won 1 Oscar

Tomatometer: 99% (8.7 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 339.7m (516.1m Adjusted)

Synopsis: After his son is captured in the Great Barrier Reef and taken to Sydney, a timid clownfish sets out on a journey to bring him home.

Critic Opinion: ""Finding Nemo" is a story about an overprotective father and a slightly frail son. The child wants to show off his independence; dad, naturally, wants to hold him close.  And then a disaster tears them apart.  The moral of the story isn't a new one, particularly for Disney cartoons — parents have to trust their children, their children need to grow up, courage and self-sacrifice are noble things and our little differences are things we should accept, not be ashamed of.

But the way the story reaches that point is through a style and sophistication that Pixar has all but patented -- with beautiful art, evocative voices and jokes that neither talk down to children nor pander to bored adults with pop-culture snark and blue puns.  Instead, there's just real feeling, real joy and — if you're not too jaded — even a few real tears before the end."  - Stephen Whitty

User Opinions: "This may be a film about finding Nemo, but this is really all about Marlin's journey.  It is very much about Marlin re-discovering trust in not only other fish, but in the world in general.  One is able to see quite easily how the traumatic events of the past plague Marlin and his outlook on life.  It is fitting that is the disappearance of Nemo that provokes Marlin to re-discovering not only the world, but life in general.  To me, this is a film more about loss and coping with that loss than it is a man finding his son.  As a viewer, what a great journey we are able to witness as a dad is able to overcome shadows in his past to locate his lost son.  While doing this Marlin is able to move on from his past and once again begin living life.  Awesome stuff on display here."  - @mattmav45

"My girlfriend is trying to tell me The Emperor's New Grove is a better movie than FindingNemo . This might be it guys"  - @Ethan Hunt breaking up with his gf over not liking Nemo over Groove

Commentary: Pixar continues their run on this list, this time with one of their all-time biggest hits, that spawned a sequel that's their current biggest hit (That is until The Incredibles 2).  Finding Nemo is an underwater adventure that I'd dare say is Pixar's first take on an epic, okay maybe a miniature epic, but all of the ingredients are there.  A flawed hero is forced onto a quest to save a loved one, he journeys across the ocean battling sea monsters, sharks, swimming with sea turtles, being eaten by a whale, it's pretty much the Odyssey if it were PG and the main character was a fish.  Finding Nemo is packed the brim with humor, heart and adventure, it's no wonder it managed to place higher than so many of Pixar's other offerings.  Finding Nemo was on 36% of the lists submitted and had an average score of 3.8 from those users.

Decade Count: 90s (16), 10s (12), 80s (12), '00s (12), 70s (6), 60s (5), 50s (4), 40s (2), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (55), 80%-90% (12), 70%-80% (3)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (2), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (2), 600m (1), 500m (2), 400m (8), 300m (6), 200m (9), 100m (13), Under 100m (22)

Director Count: Alfred Hitchcock (3), James Cameron (3), Damien Chazelle (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), John Lasseter (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Martin Scorsese (2), Ridley Scott (2), Steven Spielberg (2), Andrew Stanton (2), Lee Unkrich (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Francis Ford Copolla (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Stanley Donen (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Sergio Leone (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), Hayao Miyazaki (1), John Musker (1), Christopher Nolan (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Isao Takahata (1), Quentin Tarantino (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1), Robert Zemeckis (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (8), Pixar (6), James Cameron (3), Star Wars (3), Toy Story (3), Marvel (2), Studio Ghibli (2), WDAS (2), Alien and Predator (2), Steven Spielberg (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Terminator (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1), Nemo (1)

Genre Count: Drama (24), Adventure (23), VFX Driven (21), Fantasy (18), Sci-Fi (17), Comedy (17), Thriller (16), Action (15), Epic (15), Family/Children (14), Romance (12), Period Piece (11), Animation (10), Novel Adaption (9), Crime/Noir (9), Sequel (9), Indie (8), War (8), Tragedy (8), Horror (7), Musical (6), Cult Classic (5), Foreign Language (5), Western (4), Melodrama (4), Romantic Comedy (4), Christmas (3), Spy/Detective (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Bio-Pic (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

bigrock.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

And here's twenty more just misses!

146. Ferris Beuller's Day Off

147. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

148. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera

149. The Breakfast Club

150. Casino Royale (2006)

151. The Social Network

152. Arrival

153. Thor: Ragnarok

154. Star Trek (2009)

155. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

156. Ben-Hur

157. Iron Man

158. Her (2013)

159. Scream

160. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

161. Black Swan

162. Dead Poet's Society

163. Oldboy (2003)

164. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

165. The Grand Budapest Hotel

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • ...wtf 3

On 5/12/2018 at 2:53 AM, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Here's the running list with the write up linked to each name!

31.                        Finding Nemo

32.                        Forrest Gump

33.                        Toy Story

34.                        Return of the Jedi

35.                        E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

36.                        The Incredibles

37.                        Aliens

38.                        Gladiator

39.                        Fight Club

40.                        Beauty and the Beast

41.                        Princess Mononoke

42.                        Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

43.                        Aladdin

44.                        Toy Story 3

45.                        Pan's Labyrinth

46.                        Se7en

47.                        Toy Story 2

48.                        The Shining

49.                        The Wizard of Oz

50.                        Vertigo

51.                        Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

52.                        Seven Samurai

53.                        The Usual Suspects

54.                        Rocky

55.                        One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

56.                        Apocalypse Now

57.                        Once Upon a Time in the West

58.                        Groundhog Day

59.                        Whiplash

60.                        2001: A Space Odyssey

61.                        Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

62.                        Wall-E

63.                        Taxi Driver

64.                        Rear Window

65.                        Star Wars: The Force Awakens

66.                        The Truman Show

67.                        Die Hard

68.                        The Terminator

68.                        The Sound of Music

70.                        Memento

71.                        Get Out

72.                        Fargo

73.                        Psycho

74.                        Inglourious Basterds

75.                        Heat

76.                        Footloose Captain America: The Winter Soldier

77.                        Logan

78.                        La La Land

79.                        Do the Right Thing

80.                        Predator

81.                        The Departed

82.                        It's a Wonderful Life

83.                        Citizen Kane

84.                        Before Sunrise

85.                        The Princess Bride

86.                        Unforgiven

87.                        Lawrence of Arabia

88.                        Avatar

89.                        Blade Runner

90.                        Chinatown

91.                        Good Will Hunting

92.                        Gravity

93.                        Singin' in the Rain

94.                        Monty Python and the Holy Grail

95.                        There Will Be Blood

96.                        Star Wars: The Last Jedi

97.                        City of God

98.                        Boyhood

99.                        Grave of the Fireflies

100.                      Life of Pi

146.                      Ferris Beuller’s Day Off
147.                      Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
148.                      Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera
149.                      The Breakfast Club
150.                      Casino Royale (2006)
151.                      The Social Network
152.                      Arrival
153.                      Thor: Ragnarok
154.                      Star Trek (2009)
155.                      Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
156.                      Ben-Hur
157.                      Iron Man
158.                      Her (2013)
159.                      Scream
160.                      South Park – Bigger, Longer and Uncut
161.                      Black Swan
162.                      Dead Poet’s Society
163.                      Oldboy (2003)
164.                      The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
165.                      The Grand Budapest Hotel

166.                      Edge of Tomorrow

167.                      Bicycle Thieves

168.                      Manchester by the Sea

169.                      Kill Bill Vol 1

170.                      Hot Fuzz

171.                      Who Framed Roger Rabbit

172.                      Deadpool

173.                      Django Unchained

174.                      Interstellar

175.                      Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

176.                      Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

177.                      Network

178.                      The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

179.                      Pinocchio

180.                      Spider-Man

181.                      The Prestige

182.                      How to Train Your Dragon

183.                      The Life of Brian

184.                      Gone With the Wind

185.                      Cinema Paradiso

186.                      City Lights

187.                      Modern Times

188.                      Brokeback Mountain

189.                      Apollo 13

190.                      Ex Machina

191.                      The Big Short

192.                      Gone Girl

193.                      The Grapes of Wrath

194.                      X-Men: Days of Future Past

195.                      Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

196.                      Close Encounters of the Third Kind

197.                      The Wolf of Wall Street

198.                      Batman (1989)

199.                      Young Frankenstein

200.                      Reservoir Dogs

201.                      Texas Chainsaw Massacure

202.                      The Dark Knight Rises

203.                      Roman Holiday

204.                      Starship Troopers

205.                      Arsenic and the Old Lace

206.                      Leon: The Professional

207.                      Almost Famous

208.                      JFK

209.                      Mulholland Drive

210.                      The Exorcist

211.                      The Last of the Mohicans

212.                      Stand By Me

213.                      Scarface

214.                      The Searchers

215.                      Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest

216.                      (500) Days of Summer

217.                      Tremors

218.                      Big Fish

219.                      Jurassic World

220.                      Ocean’s Eleven

221.                      Office Space

222.                      Duck Soup

223.                      Slumdog Millionare

224.                      Raising Arizona

225.                      The Producers

226.                      American Psycho

227.                      Batman Returns

228.                      The Quiet Man

229.                      Skyfall

230.                      The Hunger Games

231.                      Independence Day

232.                      Zodiac

233.                      Paths of Glory

234.                      Perks of Being a Wallflower

235.                      The Royal Tenenbaums

236.                      The Great Escape

237.                      Wonder Woman

238.                      12 Years a Slave

239.                      Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

240.                      Hunt for the Wilderpeople

241.                      The LEGO Movie

242.                      The Jungle Book (1964)

243.                      Rashomon

244.                      Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

245.                      Das Boot

246.                      Prisoners

247.                      Dredd

248.                      Notorious

249.                      Men in Black

250.                      Kung Fu Panda

And here's the running list!

• Like 5