ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This is all that matters:

I actually think fans are gonna love world building. MCU movies tend to rush to the next action set instead of taking a breather. 

Depends on the quality of the world building. I'm all for lore dumps if they're cool though. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s quite a rare first response for these films isn’t it?

I feel like with every superhero film the easy generic go-to complaint seems to be either the 3rd act or the CGI. 

Yep. Here I've seen criticism of the first and/or second (usually for pacing reasons) but none of the third which is almost opposite of the usual.

13 minutes ago, Menor said:

Anyway looking through the reactions they seem clearly better than BW but not as good as SC. Mid to high 80s on RT is likely. 

I wouldn't say not as good as SC, just emphasizing different things because the movies aren't similar. SC was all about being a blast/fun movie with obvious MCU ties. Eternals is more about being a character driven world building film that is yet to be determined how it fits in MCU. 

Personally, I don't like reactions that are concerned with how a movie will be received by fans and are written from that position. Did you like it? Than say so. Or, if you didn't just say so. But this "I don't know what to say cause I'm not sure what X number of fans will think"...screw that chicken shit.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

The only reason I've read any reactions is because they're posted in this thread (and even then I've glossed over most of them).I don't know why we as fans give these things second thoughts. Who cares what Person X has to say about a movie? Maybe it's just me. I don't give them nearly that big a platform. They're background noise.

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s quite a rare first response for these films isn’t it?

I feel like with every superhero film the easy generic go-to complaint seems to be either the 3rd act or the CGI. 

I’m still not expecting anything out of the ordinary in terms of the third act. I remember people saying that the third act of Shang Chi was “different”, even though it was the exact same sky portal type thing they’ve been doing since the first Avengers…I liked SC, but it fell apart in the third act when it reverted to formula.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

The worldofreel.com guy really hated it, but his taste is more geared towards prestige cinema.

he was running an anti-Gucci campaign too because the trailer was campy. Also hates Gaga and thinks she's the worst actress. But he did post a positive reaction to Gucci screening from some insider breaking NDA.