ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah I already got spoiled. Whoever posted that first is an asshole for that.

You can thank Variety for that.  Won't name the person over at Variety, but it was literally 1 minute after the social media embargo was lifted.

Also..... kiiiiiiiiinda don't think the mods would like us talking too much about this in a non-spoiler thread, as it won't be hard for folks to start adding two and two together the more folks talk about it. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Porthos said:

STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE AS IT IS ***INCREDIBLY*** EASY TO FIND OUT POST CREDIT SPOILERS WITHOUT ACTUALLY TRYING

I only follow some 30 folks on Twitter and have muted all the Marvel accounts since start of Wandavision, so mostly safe on that account. 

Problem is with Twitter sometime pushing the spoiler tweets in feeds under "You may like this tweet" and that is most of the time.

meme-png.png

Definitely seems like Marvel took a big swing. 

Personally, I want Marvel to keep taking big enough swings that they risk failing, because that's how they keep from becoming stale creatively, IMO, while putting out so much content.

However the reviews end up turning out, it doesn't seem that lack of ambition was an issue here.

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

At this point, anything different is good.

If this were true we’d be living in a very different Hollywood. But as many other franchises and originals have learned the hard way — anything different can easily be bad.   

Different good is definitely good though. Looking forward to this about as much as before.

• Like 1

I genuinely believed the film would be raved regardless of my personal opinions regarding the trailer. But Shang-Chi is the exception. This seems less audience friendly and more “experimental” (lol) which is more exciting. It’d be more interesting for Marvel to deviate and take a risk since they can. If they don’t, who will. Probably not hitting 100m OW however. Im not surprised about the screenplay criticisms. This is a #dense story so tons of exposition was expected. 

Now I’m curious what the reception to NWH will be like since that’s PURE MCU. And potentially messy.

Just now, Let There Be Legion said:

If this were true we’d be living in a very different Hollywood. But as many other franchises and originals have learned the hard way — anything different can easily be bad.  

Hey, I'd love this to bomb just to see a good old-fashioned meltdown on here. But since it definitely won't and our culture probably has at least another two decades of the MCU conveyor-belt ahead of it I might as well hope it'll be good.

• Like 1