ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 minute ago, Fox20 said:

Lately I learnt that when the internet think a movie will be divisive with the fandoms, 90% of the times ends being not divisive.

YAGpXPdh.jpg

You know what?  Too easy.  Never mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox20 said:

I should have added "before release"

Oh, there were some comments before release... :ph34r:

Not the thread though.

(see I can laugh at my silly and at-times-ultra-irrational fandom)

((it can be a Joker-ish hysterical laugh at times, true, but it's still a laugh :ph34r:))

I dont understand the so called mixed reactions here lol.I read all of then but other than around 5 at best that were negative,the rest seemed to be very very good .Some of the positive reactions were overly positive while some others were positive but just pointed some issues ,something thats normal as every movie has issues and especially one with 10 NEW characters

The thread title must be trolling or a joke?. You are not going to make me believe that this movie will be mixed, there's no way bloggers aren't praising this.

The director is not only a critic darling, but it's marvel (they praise any mediocrity). I doubt this is worse than Antman movies, for example (who they loved it).

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Knock It Off 1

Okay, whoever edited the title needs to be banned. I'm not even kidding.

That's absolute bullshit. The reactions are easily positive, but somewhat mixed is an outright lie where the person stating that is either an idiot or a troll. 

Can someone call the mods to re-edit the title?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

What do people mean when they say “divisive” for an MCU movie anyway? Like a 92% and A- “divisive?”

probably Captain Marvel or Ant Man 2 levels of "divisive" but they were still pretty much well liked by most of the fandom.

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

probably Captain Marvel or Ant Man 2 levels of "divisive" but they were still pretty much well liked by most of the fandom.

Exactly. I think the most recent MCU movie I would describe as an actually divisive reaction within the fandom was IM3 because of the villain twist, but not really an issue for GA. Even the medium to lower tier stuff like Hulk and TDW is generally agreed to be non top tier rather than divisive.   

If Chloe made an actually divisive movie then props I guess (depending on what side of divide I land) but I’m quite skeptical. MCU doesn’t want divisive movies — quite reasonably — and they are pretty experienced at not making them. Nothing in these reactions suggests otherwise.

Edited by Let There Be Legion
  • Like 1

Now that I read reactions:

Spoiler synopsis from months ago confirmed (yes, it also had that closing credits scene)

People don't know what to make of it (cue obligatory "lot to unpack/process" meme) cause it feels standalone and disconnected from MCU style. Mind you, this isn't the same as they didn't like it, I think they really did, but those reactions are very much "I'm not sure how fans will receive it and therefore can't give firm opinion either way til then." But all positive vibe not mixed lol.

While there are usual MCU problems (pacing, exposition), it's praised for being character oriented which is very good. More so, you can see from tweets that people have different favorites instead of just one being the highlight so that means character work is great. For a movie with 11 characters that's a big win.

I think that reviews and boxoffice will be strong. Like I said, atm, reactions especially from bloggers are trying not to pass the judgement because they don't want to be out of sync with their viewership. Happened with TLJ. Many praised TLJ initially, then their viewership hated the movie, and they revised the opinion. I guess lesson learned. With movies that take chances for better or worse, best business is stay as neutral as possible til you see which way the wind blows.

Edited by Valonqar