ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Also apparently Fandango has a new feature that lets you view seating. Neat!

beKxtS8.jpg

qKw3KaA.jpg

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

Couldn't get this feature to check it out. :sadfleck:

Tried desktop and iPad (both in app and in browser) and nada.  Even tried updating the app and nothing.

Any deets on how you got this, @SpiderByte so I can look into it.  You know, for educational purposes. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Tried desktop and iPad (both in app and in browser) and nada.  Even tried updating the app and nothing.

Any deets on how you got this, @SpiderByte so I can look into it.  You know, for educational purposes. :ph34r:

I have the android app, so it's possible they might not have the update on Apple devices yet.

• Like 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

I have the android app, so it's possible they might not have the update on Apple devices yet.

Lame. :sadfleck:

I use desktop 99.95% of the time anyway for this sort of thing, so I'll check it out if it ever arrives there to see if it could possibly save me some time on compiling data (though I suspect not given how I think this works).

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

Actually this is the most uncertain I've been about reviews for an MCU movie in a while. Could see it being a tad polarizing though still should be good.

Eh, I think it'll be fine.  Heard some complaints coming out of Dune and reviews turned out pretty good (currently sitting at 83% | 7.7/10).

Gut instinct tells me in the low to mid 80s range, though I've been wrong before on these sorts of things.  Maybe in the high 70s if it really is as polarizing as you and others fear.

Find out soon enough at any rate.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Eh, I think it'll be fine.  Heard some complaints coming out of Dune and reviews turned out pretty good (currently sitting at 83% | 7.7/10).

Gut instinct tells me in the low to mid 80s range, though I've been wrong before on these sorts of things.  Maybe in the high 70s if it really is as polarizing as you and others fear.

Find out soon enough at any rate.

I also think around Dune RT score from my reactions gut, just a tad worried from a few things I've seen. I think I tend to be more fearful when it's a movie I've been really excited for.

• Like 3

I found some more polarizing movies (with actual in the middle scores) to be more enjoyable or better than generally liked ones many times. WOWS got C+ Cinemascore and about 75% on RT at the time but I thought it was the best movie in the Best Picture line up. Love that one forever. Leo was GOAT. 

Aquaman at 60something % is my favorite CBM of 2018, with Infinity War (80s) close second. I saw BP (90s, Picture nominee) only once and never felt the need to revisit (unlike Aqua Infinity which I rewatch every year). I also dig polarizing Joker more even with that Bruce Wayne nonsense. Phoenix is mesmerizing and his descent to Jokerness fascinating. 

So "polarizing" Eternals would be a good news. Means there's something interesting.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Also apparently Fandango has a new feature that lets you view seating. Neat!

beKxtS8.jpg

qKw3KaA.jpg

When you guys book tickets could you not see the seating charts before to check which seats are reserved and what not? Or is it only that Fandango was late to introducing such a thing?

I ask because here in India you can not only see the seating view for each and every movie but you can also select and reserve your seats when you book online. 

Just remember everyone, it's your solemn duty to massively overreact one way or the other to the first 20 reviews or so posted on RT, as that is absolutely a guarantee of where the film is exactly gonna land. :sparta:  

• Haha 4

Yes, it's same with Cineplex. You see the sitting chart and available seats when you buy tickets online or at the boxoffice (machine or person). Fun fact but when we booked tix for Dune the system automatically blocked seats around us for covid-safety which must have been very inconvenient to the cinema for we are a big family that took up the whole row. So the row in front of us was blocked ha ha. But then the provincial government lifted the covid restriction between the booking and release so they opened all once blocked seats. And a lot of people were fuming because they didn't know about full capacity and thought they would sit with a comfortable distance from other people even though only vax'd ones are allowed (you show a vax certificate).