Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

35 minutes ago, langer said:

I see everyone is having a circle jerk on these SOLO #s.

All the while I enjoyed a very good SW movie.  Unnecessary but a fun ride,  which is what movies are all about.  

I can think of some big recent flicks that felt like something a lot more than an "unnecessary but fun ride".  Fury Road, Bladerunner 2049, The Martian, Logan, Interstellar, War for Planet of the Apes.. etc.  I think thats the problem with these new Star Wars flick is that they have a superficiality to them and feel more like mere products with checklists(even TLJ to a degree) than movies and I suspect it'll get worse as Disney rolls them off the assembly line 1-2 times per year.  I mean really... Han Solo, Boba Fett, Obi-wan, and Yoda movies are in the works?  How fucking boring is that?  Why not *gasp* come up with something entirely new?  If Disney really wants to make a thousand Star Wars movies, then why not come up with entirely new stories with new characters without any connections to stuff we've already seen?  Set it a 2000 years past the events of the OT or in the future if you have to.   I understand that would require some risk and creativity, but this nostalgia surfboard that they're currently on isn't gonna last.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, A2k Raptor said:

DP2 will come close to 50 3-day with 12.5 Friday IMO

19.0 (+52%)

17.6 (-7%)

= 49.1 FSS (-61%)

14.4 (-18%)

= 63.5 FSSM (-49%)

I think that is far more realistic. Deadline has shown an utter bias for the Star Wars brand, so they try their best to spin warm and fuzzy on bad numbers and cast shade on the competition. 

Just now, Wonder Midget said:

My god, have I accidentally time travelled to 2002?

Hobbit films had a $700m OS average. It's possible that no Star Wars film will ever get that high again.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Oh, I would love to be the Fly On The Wall at LucasFilms and Disney over the next week or so......

JJ just has to remake another SW classic and all will be forgotten!  The fans will come back in droves!  

35 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I like Pratt but his Star Lord Or Owen characters are nothing like Han Solo or Indiana Jones. I don’t know wtf people are talking about 

I agree. I have liked Pratt since his "Parks and Rec" days but don't see how would be better as a new Indy than a few other actors out there.