Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, A2k Raptor said:

400-450 ww takes it into this list demarcated by Disney's very own Tron and Thor.

Reveal hidden contents

So in other words, we now live in a world where Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel , Terminator: Genisys, The King's Speech, and Ice Age: Collision Course can be higher grossers than a Star Wars film. K'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Speaking of Maze Runner, I was rewatching the third film and was amazed and how much scale and action the director was able to do for a 60m budget. More blockbuster directors should follow his example 

Agreed. Someone’s gotta give him a 150M to play with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vc2002 said:
Friday Estimates
1. Solo: A Star Wars Story $35,631,000
2. Deadpool 2 $12,100,000
3. Avengers: Infinity War $4,255,000

None of these three is doing well this wknd.

IW had a bigger Friday jump than last weekend and one of the biggest amongst movies in the top 12 this weekend and is down only 41.8% from last Friday. How is that not doing well?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Well these forums have been fun so far this weekend. When’s the next disappointment coming out? JW2 maybe?

Actually that will be too huge OS to be a disappointment 

Skyscraper

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

hoping dp2 does 12.1+18.3+16.8+13.8=61(-51.4%) using +51%,-8%,-18% sat-mon.

That would be glorious. Hope you're right. I have to say you pretty much nailed the Solo debacle before anyone else embraced it fully. So I hope your instincts are equally strong with DP2. Great work!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Well these forums have been fun so far this weekend. When’s the next disappointment coming out? JW2 maybe?

Yeah, but as you said OS will mitigate it. Expect OW could be as low as 130 DOM though.

23 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Sat. numbers aren't being reported bc Solo made $0

You heard it here first

No  its because the news outlets need time to figure out a new dishonest way to frame the failure.

Headline: with good social media buzz, solo set to open to +180M

Article: disneys latest star wars installment is generating strong word of mouth after coming in above initial friday estimates. Insiders report the opening could baloon as high as  130-195M by the friday after next

Edited by Bobbybuilderton
  • Haha 1

• Community Manager
21 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

The Incredibles 2. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eastwood47 said:

That would be glorious. Hope you're right. I have to say you pretty much nailed the Solo debacle before anyone else embraced it fully. So I hope your instincts are equally strong with DP2. Great work!!

thanks! feel bit too bullish on Dp2. if not 50%, at least 45% true fri to sat bump for 17.5 would be nice and keeps it on course for high 50s 4-day.