Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

JW releases on June 6th in most markets, thats 10 Days. Really not that much room for Solo. Deadpool/IW are definetly in a better position for some late legs than it, just by beeing in theaters longer at that point/having already made the majority of their grosses.

Solo has another weekend as the top dog. Bet DP2 would have liked that. With that in mind and good word of mouth Solo could have a better weekend % wise then DP2 or IW before another blockbuster competitor shows up. Although hard to compare since this is holiday weekend and Sunday numbers will be inflated.

Edited by Franklin808

29 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Well these forums have been fun so far this weekend. When’s the next disappointment coming out? JW2 maybe?

Actually that will be too huge OS to be a disappointment 

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, but as you said OS will mitigate it. Expect OW could be as low as 130 DOM though.

There is a higher chance that Solo will gross 100M on Saturday than JW2 going that low.

But please all of you, just keep doubting the Jurassic Park franchise. It worked so well with JW, didnt it? :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

There is a higher chance that Solo will gross 100M on Saturday than JW2 going that low.

But please all of you, just keep doubting the Jurassic Park franchise. It worked so well with JW, didnt it? :lol:

JW could have been a fluke, too. ;)

18 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

A Star Wars film is opening to damn near X-Men: Apocalypse numbers. JW doing 130m wouldn't even come close to as shocking as that. 

4 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

JW could have been a fluke, too. ;)

By that definition, every movie, even something like TFA or Infinity War, could have been a fluke. Fact is, JW wasnt, quite the opposite :lol:

2 hours ago, baumer said:

That's  compliment coming from you.

Just think of how pissed you'd be if they took everything you love about Harry Potter and turned it upside down.

You're comments have been correct. Star Wars isn't rocket science but there's a level of optimism and purity needed to execute it. It's been my experience that certain film demographics are filled with cynics and probablly why you are getting such rude resistance.

Edited by Rebelscum

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Fallen Kingdom will do fine. I also expect it to be the best Jurassic Park sequel based on everything I hear 

It's a lock to make over a billion. People who think that it isn't are letting their dislike of the last movie get in the way of reality.

I wish that JWFK would be released in NA the same time as most of the world is getting now that Han Solo is doing underwhelming numbers and since this from hearing early reactions will Ben the best JP Sequel.

41 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

thanks! feel bit too bullish on Dp2. if not 50%, at least 45% true fri to sat bump for 17.5 would be nice and keeps it on course for high 50s 4-day.

I checked the first Deadpool to see how it compared on it's sophomore weekend and I was surprised to see it dropped 57.5%. So if the sequel can get relatively close to that, then I think it would be fair to say it's operating within normal expectations. I've seen it twice and felt it was even better the second time. I'm not getting the notion it doesn't have re-watchability. If those numbers stay somewhat depressed we might have to give some of it to the Memorial weekend that is soft on movies. Plus you have the NBA playoffs which have been epic this year. I just didn't catch any measurable loss of interest in the franchise or the exit polls from audience members who rated the new movie. I definitely want a trilogy.