Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

7:00 2D: 93/124

7:00 3D: 60/113

7:30 2D: 38/67

7:30 3D: 23/78

7:45: 24/63

8:00: 54/78

8:30 3D: 24/69

Total: 316/592 (209 2D/107 3D)

The last two shows may or may not get this to 400 tickets. We'll see how things go.

9:00: 62/78

Just got one more show in 45 minutes. I think it's going to cross 400 tickets, but matching Deadpool's 424 is out of reach.

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Its 9 pm ET and no Deadline update yet! This is uncharacteristically late for Deadline.  

I mean it could be because someone's laptop froze or whatever but it's more fun to pretend it's because Disney is desperately scrambling behind the scenes and trying to come up with a PR excuse for pathetic preview numbers.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I would love to hear Hutches detailed reasoning as to why the X Men films are "sophisticated" but the Marvel Studios films are "Prolefeed".

lol I mean not all the X-Men movies. X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, and Logan (aka the good ones) are clearly on another level from all the Disney/Marvel movies. You can actually call them films. I know this is very subjective. I just get this feeling with the Marvel/Disney movies that they're plastic, they need to constantly remind you that they're in on the joke and self-aware and it's all wink wink. The plots are all the same, even the way they're shot just screams assembly line. The X Men films take themselves a lot more seriously (which isn't always good, but they do it well) and they're closer to being art. They're more like the Nolan Batmans in that sense.

Edited by Hunch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I'm gonna go with high teens for the preview number. Probably $17-19M 

ow = 6x+ the previews imo if it's backloaded compared to tfa, tlj, ro.

17-19 gives 106-114 fss with 6x and gives 110-124 with 6.5x.

Based on how later shows are selling, I'm thinking it'll be at the middle end of that range at best. Don't expect it to go past $15M.

It'll certainly have a better OW to preview ratio than the 5.3 Rogue One had, but I'm having a hard time seeing a better figure than JL's $93M with that.

3 minutes ago, Hunch said:

lol I mean not all the X-Men movies. X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, and Logan (aka the good ones) are clearly on another level from all the Disney/Marvel movies. You can actually call them films.

Oh, I get it. You are hating on Marvel to show how cool,edgy and independdent minded we are.You even include a standard issue Orwell reference to show you intellectual superiority. We are all so impressed.

I liked all of the X men movie you mention, but think the best of the Marvel films..."Iron Man" "Avengers"  "Captain America:Winter Soldier" "Guardians of the Galaxy" "Black Panther" and "Avengers Infintiy Wars" are just as good.

• Like 1

Also, people need to realize that Memorial Day can help out grosses, but it does siphon off demand from the weekend in Monday as well. Saturday increases are historically weak on this weekend, so I would not anticipate the holiday significantly boosting the IM. Whether or not it hits $100M depends on Friday's grosses.

2 minutes ago, Hunch said:

So the OW is likely to be around $85m-$90m based on that number? Could MDW Sunday bump it up to $95m-$100m?

with a much lower preview number, the OW will be less frontloaded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Oh, I get it. You are hating on Marvel to show how cool,edgy and independdent minded we are.You even include a standard issue Orwell reference to show you intellectual superiority. We are all so impressed.

I liked all of the X men movie you mention, but think the best of the Marvel films..."Iron Man" "Avengers"  "Captain America:Winter Soldier" "Guardians of the Galaxy" "Black Panther" and "Avengers Infintiy Wars" are just as good.

I mean that's fine. It's not like we're comparing The Godfather vs Transformers here.